a little gossip from t. brunson...

You know guys...there is a good chance that Todd Brunson has never sat with Phil Hellmuth EVER (In a Cash Game)Todd Brunson started off playing 20/40........Within one year, he was playing 100/200....Within two years, he was a killer in the 300/600 Bellagio Game.....He met Jen Harman and dated her for a while and then started making appearances in the 1000/2000 game.....He has never dropped down since....only up a couple levels....But 1000/2000 is his level of choice....
obvioiusly someone hasn't reads todd's section in ss2, otherwise you wouldn't have made that statement
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know guys...there is a good chance that Todd Brunson has never sat with Phil Hellmuth EVER (In a Cash Game)
obvioiusly someone hasn't reads todd's section in ss2, otherwise you wouldn't have made that statement
Good point since Todd and Phil sitting in a cash game produced one of my favorite Phil quotes.Phil Helmuth telling billionaire Larry Flint "If you keep playing that way you're going to go broke." Priceless.

Why do some people think that they ; "NEED TO HEAR" it so its true- that a pro plays higher then usual from time to time !!??If a player, like Hellmuth , donst usually play the Big games then i dont think they or some other pro will walk around and tell everybody, if they DO play there once in a while!Same with the VIPs , or do you guys think AFFLECK and co. never sat in a big games?Hell yeah!!! ( maybe no BEN but im sure some have done it!!)And I dont think its very hard to get guys like TED, Ivey ... to play them Heads up for a few sessions, which I m sure also happens from time to time, NO PROBLEM TO GO BROKE THERE AS WELL!!And BTW I saw neverwin talk bout ; some of these higher stakes HU matches with -TUAN lee on PS ( -games we usually never hear a word of !!!!!).

And yet no one will take me on my bet... at least the yammering has stopped.
You have a recording of Brunson saying that it was Phil? Then I guess it was Phil....Got a link to it?
I said that I would get one as proof. Basically, I would ask him if it was Chan. He would deny it. Then I can collect. Otherwise, the bet is off unless some other satisfactory proof can be found.I'm not sure I could get him to say Phil on tape. Denials are easy to get, but confirming facts about someone losing in poker - that's not easy. But, I do believe he was taking a jab at Phil (and may have been stretching a bit as he is known to do, e.g. Andy Beal).I'm going to ask him anyway, thought it would be worth it to try to get some money out of it or at least shut up some people who I think are stupid.Also, people need to understand the difference between your bankroll being broke and having to be staked by others and being flat broke. Sometimes its the same, but for most pros it's not. Pros borrow money all the time.
You have a recording of Brunson saying that it was Phil? Then I guess it was Phil....Got a link to it?
I said that I would get one as proof. Basically, I would ask him if it was Chan. He would deny it. Then I can collect. Otherwise, the bet is off unless some other satisfactory proof can be found.I'm not sure I could get him to say Phil on tape. Denials are easy to get, but confirming facts about someone losing in poker - that's not easy. But, I do believe he was taking a jab at Phil (and may have been stretching a bit as he is known to do, e.g. Andy Beal).I'm going to ask him anyway, thought it would be worth it to try to get some money out of it or at least shut up some people who I think are stupid.Also, people need to understand the difference between your bankroll being broke and having to be staked by others and being flat broke. Sometimes its the same, but for most pros it's not. Pros borrow money all the time.
So.....are you insinuating that Hellmuth is a liar when he said that he doesn't touch the limits above 400/800?Because I do know that Brunson is a fixture in the 1k/2k Bellagio game and has been for a while...and on top of that...he doesn't play that often...more like 3 to 4 times a week max.....

YEAH THATS IT YOU CANT BELIEVE HIM ;bingo!!!!If someone only play there 5-10 time a year i dont think he will say that he plays there at all!!SAME FOR THE OTHER PROSwho dont usually play 1k/2K and the BIG GAME!!!!!

So.....are you insinuating that Hellmuth is a liar when he said that he doesn't touch the limits above 400/800?Because I do know that Brunson is a fixture in the 1k/2k Bellagio game and has been for a while...and on top of that...he doesn't play that often...more like 3 to 4 times a week max.....
alf, your possible credibitlity got shot when you said that hellmuth and todd brunsons have never played ina cash game with each other
alf, your possible credibitlity got shot when you said that hellmuth and todd brunsons have never played ina cash game with each other
I didn't say that...read my post...I said that it was quite possible that they had never played together in a cash game....What's funny is that you had quoted me saying that it was "possible" (That is what "a good chance" means)I never made a plaintiff statement.I was wrong...care to take back your statement sir?
Yes, I am then if you think the statements are incongruous. Keep in mind though that Phil's perception of reality is sometimes a bit off or his memory and focus is very selective. Brunson has played lots of stakes over the years. And Phil has done the same in his 15 years.And for the rest of you, my wager still stands.
Yes, I am then if you think the statements are incongruous. Keep in mind though that Phil's perception of reality is sometimes a bit off or his memory and focus is very selective. Brunson has played lots of stakes over the years. And Phil has done the same in his 15 years.And for the rest of you, my wager still stands.
You are on to something here......It is starting to look like Phil is the chief suspect.
todd's father is DOYLE BRUNSON...he was probably playing poker before he would walk.
The Captain Obvious Post award?
Ah the irony is rich and delicious today my friends!You are both Captain Retards.Doyle just about actively DISCOURAGED Todd from playing poker. He did not start playing until he was much older than crawling age (I think not until high school actually)Read "The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King".Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

the more i hear from todd brunson, the more i dislike him. dont get me wrong, i love doyle brunson, all his books and the way he plays. but todd seems a little cocky. a while back i heared him saying that reading books was pretty much pointless and the only way to get good was through experience. i agree experience is important but the books help you to advance your stradegy.knowing how much his fathers books have helped so many pro's and ametures, why would he say something like that.

todd's father is DOYLE BRUNSON...he was probably playing poker before he would walk.
Ah the irony is rich and delicious today my friends!You are both Captain Retards.Doyle just about actively DISCOURAGED Todd from playing poker. He did not start playing until he was much older than crawling age (I think not until high school actually)Read "The Professor, the Banker, and the Suicide King".Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
so that makes three then, huh?
haha whatever :-) just saying doyle didnt teach todd much in anything about poker....actively tried to keep him from playing...dont think todd played much til high school age....its all in the aforementioned book....
haha whatever :-) just saying doyle didnt teach todd much in anything about poker....actively tried to keep him from playing...dont think todd played much til high school age....its all in the aforementioned book....
i believe it was mentioned, and you can keep the change on your 50 cent word.

Quick point:In a recent interview Mickey Appleman talked about his days running around with Stu Unger and Doyle... and how they gambled... He talked about making in excess of 600K on one golf shot.To be willing to go broke year after year you have to have true GAMBLE... this guy has it. He quit poker for a while though to concentrate on handicapping sports. His philosophy "I do it different then other pros, I shoot from the hip..."I dont think Phil, Johnny, or Siedel have that type of gamble...I think Scotty or Tomko could be correct also... Tomko definetly has GAMBLETJ is a degenerate craps player, I have seen it with my own eyes and have heard it from several others, not including the people on this forum.Just my thoughts

You know guys...there is a good chance that Todd Brunson has never sat with Phil Hellmuth EVER (In a Cash Game)Todd Brunson started off playing 20/40........Within one year, he was playing 100/200....Within two years, he was a killer in the 300/600 Bellagio Game.....
No. You're wrong. Todd started playing over 12 years ago. The Bellagio wasn't built until 1998 (7 years ago). So maybe he wasn't a "killer in the 300/600 game" after 2 years, because the Bellagio wasn't built yet.