fcp logo contest - the final 9

**Originally posted by biz team member Chris in the other thread. Making a new one because this deserves its own thread. There's been ton's of great submissions, and good luck to everyone who made it and to everyone who didn't make the final 9, great try and AWESOME effort on EVERY entrant's part.*****To all anxious participants, my apologies for the late update.So, I have some good news and some bad news. The good is that I can announce (9) people who will win something! Five of you made the final five in the selection process and four of you will be awarded a prize for miscellaneous reasons. Obviously, one of you will win the grand prize . . . for the other eight of you, we will send you a Daniel Negreanu Deluxe 300-piece Chip Set (11.5 grams). We had so many good or interesting submissions that we felt obligated to award some extra prizes for the solid effort.The bad news is that 280+ of you did not win this time . . . but this is just the beginning of many cool new promotional opportunities at Full Contact Poker. Further bad news would be that we are not announcing the Grand Prize winner today. We would like to, but we wanted to be able to upload the prize winning logos along with the designer's name or username. Unfortunately, for technical reasons (I'll explain later), we won't be able to make this happen until this weekend or Monday at the latest.Back to some good news for a minute. . . as some of you have noticed in the photo gallery, we are planning to post most if not all the logo submissions for everyone's enjoyment.OK, in no predetermined order, the following nine people can hold their breath a little longer:cook_rJason BorcheramyTeam Craig & ChadwickjeffgenDCSportsGovernatorRoyal_TourJeff GrimesTo the rest of you, thanks again for making this logo contest a huge success.-Chris*****

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the grand prize?
Either $2,000 cash or an all expense paid weekend trip to vegas to play Daniel in 8 diferent games, some billiards, poker, video games etc...for $500 each

Either $2,000 cash or an all expense paid weekend trip to vegas to play Daniel in 8 diferent games, some billiards, poker, video games etc...for $500 eachWow no royalties?Whatever, that'd be cool to play him in the 8 games, seems the most +EV move.

Either $2,000 cash or an all expense paid weekend trip to vegas to play Daniel in 8 diferent games, some billiards, poker, <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=video%20games" onmouseover="window.status='video games'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">video games</a> etc...for $500 eachWow no royalties?Whatever, that'd be cool to play him in the 8 games, seems the most +EV move.
Especially the poker! DN=total fish.Voiceover: PLUUUUUUUS EeeeeeVeeeee!!!

I don't know, I would PROBABLY have the best chance in billiards ( used to play all the time ) and probably LIMIT hold'em, since head up, I would say its MORE in the cards than the player...at least more than no limit ( notice I said MORE, not all :club: )But this is of course, all depending on if I win...which I hope I do... but I hope WHOEVER wins, choses the trip instead of the $2,000. Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity

But this is of course, all depending on if I win...which I hope I do... but I hope WHOEVER wins, choses the trip instead of the $2,000.  Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity
I agree, I hope they would realize what an opportunity this is.
I don't know, I would PROBABLY have the best chance in billiards ( used to play all the time ) and probably LIMIT hold'em, since head up, I would say its MORE in the cards than the player...at least more than no limit ( notice I said MORE, not all :club: )But this is of course, all depending on if I win...which I hope I do... but I hope WHOEVER wins, choses the trip instead of the $2,000.  Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity
Yep, I guess I already had my once in a lifetime thingies, but wouldn't it have been sweet if I could have won this too? lol. Too bad I suck at this stuff. I could come up with the ideas, just have no way to make it happen. Ah well.
But this is of course, all depending on if I win...which I hope I do... but I hope WHOEVER wins, choses the trip instead of the $2,000.  Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity
Agreed. I wouldn't have a chance in any of them - but it would be an awesome experience.
I agree, I hope they would realize what an opportunity this is.
Good luck!(sw....:club:)

You too man. I liked yours from day one. Definitely a good quality logo. Yours was the one I was most worried about in terms of competiton, glad to see we at least both win something. :club:

Just to let you know... that logo that you designed is sik! I am a graphic artist/web designer and I really love that logo... hope u win.

You too man. I liked yours from day one. Definitely a good quality logo.I agree.I wasn't really aware of the contest and had just assumed yours was the offical one.Is there a place with the finial nine enires online somehwere?

You too man. I liked yours from day one. Definitely a good quality logo.I agree.I wasn't really aware of the contest and had just assumed yours was the offical one.Is there a place with the finial nine enires online somehwere?
I don't think theres anywhere you can look to find all final 9, but maybe we ( the final 9 ) can just post our's up. Heres the logo(s) I submitted;fcp1.jpg
I don't think theres anywhere you can look to find all final 9, but maybe we ( the final 9 ) can just post our's up.
Sure, why not... here's my logo:FCP_logo_jsteffgen.gif
I don't think theres anywhere you can look to find all final 9, but maybe we ( the final 9 ) can just post our's up. Heres the logo(s) I submitted;fcp1.jpg
That logo is slick looking!I like it a lot.
Sure, why not... here's my logo:  I like the other one, no offense.However.  If they ever come out with FC Malt Liqour....you're in baby!
None taken... LOL about the Malt liquor tho! :club:

I'm relieved to make the final 9. There were a lot of great entries and I feel proud to be through to the final round.I'd TOTALLY love to see all the competitors in the top 9. In that regard, rather than searching the forums, this is a grande summary of what I put together.Good luck to all! No sleep till Monday! :club: At least I can relax my refresh key on my browser.---Since I didn't really know which he liked I'll show a gallery of some of my better renditions:My original submissions.. I tried to throw 3 different feels at the wall as none of us knew what the heck he was looking for:19763307_ed31c090bf_o.jpg19763308_e32a4e86c1_o.gif19763310_08a93c4be9_o.gifThough I liked my #1 submission, I had a problem revising it. A better rendition could be done with a photo or line art of Daniels hand, though the use of his bracelet as knucklebusters I thought was kinda original as well as busting through someones aces. With some time and access to Daniel, I think this one could have been made so much better. The concept is solid, though I know I could execute it better.Where as #2 when through a TON of revisions. The logo clearly improved the more I worked on it. I really liked the subtle hockey tie with the puck/poker chips. It would make a great jersey. The many possible configurations also appealed to me. #3, I just through in as I didn't know WHAT he was looking for... pretty Canadian.And some of the alternate renditions for version #2. (There were a few more but this gives a good perspective)---20068947_21cf37b34a_o.gif20075492_0665a0825c_o.gif20049695_f7bda1fcd0_b.jpg20049696_ec10b7fa11_b.jpg20278914_04ac79109e_o.jpg20278915_34d7d361ed_o.jpg20290227_d6d462a2cf_o.jpg21404116_810b80938d_b.jpg---Again, good luck to all. I'm stoked to make the finals and can't wait to see all of the other ideas hit the forums.Reg