slow down, cap'n? (l)

Bodog 2/4 Limit (8-handed)I've got an aggressive table image due to a run of particularly good cards. Button is a bit of donk (as I found out later when he cold-called QJos), but I didn't have much of a read on him at that point.Cobalt is MP1 w/ A :D A :D.Pre-flop:3 folds, Cobalt raises, 1 fold, button calls, SB calls, BB foldsFlop (3 players): 8 :club: 9 :D 6 :) SB checks, Cobalt bets, button raises, SB folds, Cobalt 3-bets, button capsTurn (2 players): 6 :) Cobalt checks, button bets, Cobalt callsRiver (2 players): 5 :heart:Cobalt checks, button bets, Cobalt callsFinal pot: 11 BBToo passive? Bet/raise the turn and/or river?

Bet the turn. Call a raise there, too. If that happens, check call the river.Otherwise, not bad. The turn is where the game is played, though.

I'm not sure on this one - I'm putting button (most likely) on either JJ, TT, 99, or 88 given his PF cold-call and flop cap (or possibly a draw). There's twice as many ways he could have JJ or TT as there are 99 or 88, meaning we're more likely ahead than behind. But, 99 or 88 would certainly raise a turn bet, while JJ or TT might call if you bet but bet if you check - if so, you don't gain anything by betting when ahead, and lose more when behind.But, if he has a club draw with overcards (or a straight flush draw) he might check behind on the turn.So, summing up, I'm still not sure whether betting or check-calling the turn is better..... Right now I think betting the turn might be slightly better than just check-calling down, particualrly given your aggressive image, but I could be convinced otherwise.

I woulda bet the turn. If he just called, Id bet the river. If he raised, Id fold. likely holdings include J-J, 10-10, 9-8, 8-8, and 9-9 ( although it would b correct to reraise preflop with the PPs but since u said he is a bad player...). If hes really loose, 10-7 and 7-5 r possible. also, unless he flopped a straight, I dont think he has the straight because Im not sure hed cap with a draw. The same logic rules out a flush draw. He cant have K-K or Q-Q cuz hed reraise preflop. Im not sure hed cap with A-9, K-9, or some other form of top pair. so, let's assume he has J-J, 10-10, 9-9, 9-8, -r 8-8. Say u bet the turn. He'd probly call with J-J, 10-10, and 9-8, but raise with 9-9 and 8-8. so, hed raise when yur beat and call when yur ahead.

I woulda bet the turn. If he just called, Id bet the river. If he raised, Id fold. likely holdings include J-J, 10-10, 9-8, 8-8, and 9-9 (although it would b correct to reraise preflop with the PPs but since u said he is a bad player...). If hes really loose, 10-7 and 7-5 r possible. also, unless he flopped a straight, I dont think he has the straight because Im not sure hed cap with a draw. The same logic rules out a flush draw. He cant have K-K or Q-Q cuz hed reraise preflop. Im not sure hed cap with A-9, K-9, or some other form of top pair. so, let's assume he has J-J, 10-10, 9-9, 9-8, -r 8-8. Say u bet the turn. He'd probly call with J-J, 10-10, and 9-8, but raise with 9-9 and 8-8. so, hed raise when yur beat and call when yur ahead. Case closed, hope I didnt bore u.

He'd probly call with J-J, 10-10, and 9-8, but raise with 9-9 and 8-8. so, hed raise when yur beat and call when yur ahead.He's allowed to fold.He's more likely to bet a marginal hand into you twice than to call with one.Do you see why?

hey, a fold is good. You win the pot rightaway and there is no chance of being outdrawn. I forgot to mention that. if he has u beat, u save a bet by betting and folding if raised as opposed to checking and calling each round. If yur beaten u lose 2 bets, but sometimes they will outdraw u and u lose the whole pot. That negates the loss in the long run. The pot's pretty big as it is. and I dont think he would be experienced enough to fold after capping because he is described as a bad player. Although it is possible, so thank for correcting my mistake.

yeah, but I dont think this guy ( described as a donkey) would be experienced enough to make a fold with J-J, 10-10, or 9-8. and if he has a 2 outer, a call would be preferred, but a fold wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.

yeah, but I dont think this guy ( described as a donkey) would be experienced enough to make a fold with J-J, 10-10, or 9-8. and if he has a 2 outer, a call would be preferred, but a fold wouldnt be the worst thing in the world.No.Op's line is better.Stop trying.Thanks.

look, if yur beat u save 2 BBs. if yur ahead, it makes no difference. OK? I'm right.No.Folding when your ahead is a disaster.You're wrong.Keep trying, I guess, if it makes you feel better.Also, 2BB? What?

What do you guys think of the buttons play on this hand? I personally would have 3-bet it preflop if I were the button, then when it got capped he (the button) could have probably saved himself a few bets on the flop.

Look people the OP played it perfect, that is a draw heavy board and he doesn't have a backdoor flush to go with it, for those of you who think he played it wrong, you will lose more money there then you will gain, smash explained it, and it doesn't need anymore explaining

Look people the OP played it perfect, that is a draw heavy board and he doesn't have a backdoor flush to go with it, for those of you who think he played it wrong, you will lose more money there then you will gain, smash explained it, and it doesn't need anymore explaining
Is this supposed to be directed at me? I never suggested there was anything wrong with the OP's play, I was just curious what people had to say about the buttons play.
Is this supposed to be directed at me? I never suggested there was anything wrong with the OP's play, I was just curious what people had to say about the buttons play.
its aimed at anyone who is disagreeing with teh OP's line. If I'm gonna call someone out, I will, so don't try to infer anything from a post of mine where I am being ambiguous about someone, I couldn't care lesss about the button's play, its hard to put yourself in the mind of someone who isn;t giving details on a hand