we all agree there's no god, right?

Hey smash-I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant? I guess it only applies to people who either believe what they believe or be willing to vote democrat. It's amazing how hard it is to find a liberal who's tolerant of a conservative.Hi.WTF are you talking about?How is my being an Athiest intollerant of anyone?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol there is no proof there isn't a God so its a pointless argument, its just about who has faith and who doesn't.  There is no point in arguing cause your not gonna know who is right till its over.  One thing though, if athiests are right Christians just wasted a lot of time.  If Christians are right well Athiests will have to make up for that time they got I guess...
believing there is a god in the sense of a generic universal creator/designer, and believing specifically in the christian faith/bible are two vastly different things. you can have intelligent arguments about the former because the universe does appear to be "designed" for intelligent life to emerge, so on that level it's god vs weak anthropic principal. the latter (accepting jesus as your savior, sin, heaven hell etc.) is what you can't argue about because it's entirely faith based and fails stand up to any logical argument, and christians are generally incapable of thinking logically about it. i was raised a christian, till i was 17 and realized it was all man-made BS : )

All the great Greek thinkers, Aquinas, and G.K. Chesterton would tend to disagree that you cannot prove gods existence using reason? Simply put, the universe had to come from a creator of some sort, otherwise you will end up saying that something came from nothing. Everytime anyone spouts off about the big bang theory there argument boils down to this little ball of matter and there is no logical explanation as to where it came. Using deductive reason, the only logical conclusion one can make is that a higher power had to have been involved in the birth of the universe. FYI, I am not associated with any major religion. My thoughts were formed by Aristotle, Socrates, Aquinaas, and Chesterton.

I choose to not believe in a damned thing.  You are welcome to believe in whatever you want, and I'll believe in nothing.  Is it called apatheism?  haha
you're an agnostic, like me 8)

Simply put, the universe had to come from a creator of some sort, otherwise you will end up saying that something came from nothing.As would God.Pointless arguent.Doesn't help the God case. What was there before God, if God can be eternally existing why can't the universe, etc.2nd grads stuff, kids. Read a little.

you can have intelligent arguments about the former because the universe does appear to be "designed" for intelligent life to emergeNo.Not debatable.
well i don't think it was either, but at least you can have an intelligent conversation about it.
Hey smash-I thought liberals were supposed to be tolerant? I guess it only applies to people who either believe what they believe or be willing to vote democrat.  It's amazing how hard it is to find a liberal who's tolerant of a conservative.
because you fuckers keep telling ME how I should live!

well i don't think it was either, but at least you can have an intelligent conversation about it.I guess. About as inteligent as one with people who think you can make energy from magnets.

All the great Greek thinkers, Aquinas, and G.K. Chesterton would tend to disagree that you cannot prove gods existence using reason? Simply put, the universe had to come from a creator of some sort, otherwise you will end up saying that something came from nothing. Everytime anyone spouts off about the big bang theory there argument boils down to this little ball of matter and there is no logical explanation as to where it came. Using deductive reason, the only logical conclusion one can make is that a higher power had to have been involved in the birth of the universe.  FYI, I am not associated with any major religion. My thoughts were formed by Aristotle, Socrates, Aquinaas, and Chesterton.
Who made the higher power that made the little ball of matter?

I don't neccessarily agree with the major religions. I believe everyone should find what works for them and stay the **** out of everyone else's business. You have the right to freedom liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as it doesnt interfere with someone else's right to freedom liberty and pursuit of happiness. I think there is a God but I don't try and convice people of one existing or not existing since it can't be solved. I think liberals and conservatives are both stupid because nobody fits into a perfect little "gang" of people. Everyone has different beliefs on different things and should jsut let it be.

If God didn't pre-exist then what did?
At some point in this conversation we have to go back infinitely in time. And there is no reason to think that God is infinite, but the Universe isn't.
Doesn't help the God case.  What was there before God, if God can be eternally existing why can't the universe, etc.2nd grads stuff, kids.  Read a little.
it's probable that our concept of continual time is perspectival and flawed, and "what came before" statements on the scale of the universe in that sense are probably irrelevant.
I don't neccessarily agree with the major religions.  I believe everyone should find what works for them and stay the censored out of everyone else's business.  You have the right to freedom liberty and the pursuit of happiness as long as it doesnt interfere with someone else's right to freedom liberty and pursuit of happiness.  I think there is a God but I don't try and convice people of one existing or not existing since it can't be solved.  I think liberals and conservatives are both stupid because nobody fits into a perfect little "gang" of people.  Everyone has different beliefs on different things and should jsut let it be.
amen

I am so sick of Smash, his liberal **** fass queer loving ass just needs to go to hell.Why cant the Universe be eternally existing? Because the very nature of the no god argument limits the events of the universe to the laws and restraints of the sciences. This is not the case with the creationsists arguments, because the creationsits clearly sees that without a creator and the supernatural events that come along with it, there could be no universe.Smash, for a self proclaimed genius you make an absolute idiot out of yourself when you dismiss the teachings and thoughts of the greatest thinkers in Western civilization, and replace them with the thoughts of a bunch of smug hothouse plants at the ivy leagues.(the institutions of great perversion in our country.)

I believe everyone should find what works for them and stay the censored out of everyone else's business.Me too.Worship Dom Delouise if you feel like it.Just don't mention him to my kids in public schools or put his name on my money....

I believe everyone should find what works for them and stay the censored out of everyone else's business.Me too.Worship Dom Delouise if you feel like it.Just don't mention him to my kids in public schools or put his name on my money....
This is where I fully agree with Smash. I am either atheist or agnostic or too lazy to put a name on my beliefs. But, here in the great supposed "melting pot" known as the US, I don't think God should be a part of schools or on the currency, etc. Isn't that automatically offending not only the atheists, but also the buddhists, hindus, etc?Although the thought of "one nation under Dom Delouise" does bring a smile to my face.