fcp logo contest update

When I go to a fast food restaurant, and my order comes to $6.28, I like to give the cashier $18.71. They look at me and say 'What's this?' and I say 'I'm all in'  They usually fold.
I vote for this one which made me laugh...wrong contest?...nevermind.-----I tried to tell you guys they had no idea what they had unleashed..."...we can sum up our thoughts in one word - Overwhelmed" ~ DN...good job guys and gl.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get worried. Im hearing some people are getting and have been getting "your logo has made it through to the seccond round of cuts" emails... and I havent gotten a single response to my submission(s) :cry::cry:

I'm starting to get worried. Im hearing some people are getting and have been getting "your logo has made it through to the seccond round of cuts" emails... and I havent gotten a single response to my submission(s) :cry::cry:
Where did you read this? I havent heard anything either way, but I am a big supporter of your logo and would be dissapointed if it wasn't in the top 3......Finally got my logo into the avatar parameters.....
Where did you read this? I havent heard anything either way, but I am a big supporter of your logo and would be dissapointed if it wasn't in the top 3......Finally got my logo into the avatar parameters.....
I'm not going to say who, but I PM'ed someone who said they got a good response, and he said he got two emails ( for two of his submissions ) that said they were in the next round of cuts.Thanks for the support!
I can't say that I've been overly impressed with a lot of the logos that I've seen submitted. While many are technically sound, they lack character. For a generic poker site (such as cardplayer etc.) they're great - polished, appealing - but this site to me is more about Negreanu than just poker strategy and discussion. I'm currently treeplanting and had only one day on a laptop in the middle of the bush to throw something together, so I'm not really expecting them to fall head over heels in love with mine, but I really hope the logo they go with conveys character, otherwise what was the point of the competition?
I have to respectfully disagree with your opinions of the logos. I have been keeping a close eye on the contest and have seen all of the entries that have been posted. I feel there are some excellent entries that show the character of this forum. I believe DN and staff have a hard decision to make, but I am looking forward to buying the merchandise from this site.
I can't say that I've been overly impressed with a lot of the logos that I've seen submitted.  While many  are technically sound, they lack character.   For a generic poker site (such as cardplayer etc.) they're great - polished, appealing - but this site to me is more about Negreanu than just poker strategy and discussion.   I'm currently treeplanting and had only one day on a laptop in the middle of the bush to throw something together, so I'm not really expecting them to fall head over heels in love with mine, but I really hope the logo they go with conveys character, otherwise what was the point of the competition?
I have to respectfully disagree with your opinions of the logos. I have been keeping a close eye on the contest and have seen all of the entries that have been posted. I feel there are some excellent entries that show the character of this forum. I believe DN and staff have a hard decision to make, but I am looking forward to buying the merchandise from this site.
I completely agree with goose.I didn't really have the time to do anything for the contest but after seeing some of the entries, I'm regretting the fact that I didn't put anything together.Like goose said, the stuff is pretty technically sound but you can only see so many variations on that silly griffin & FCP imprinted on chips.I found 99% of the stuff completely bland & devoid of character.
I can't say that I've been overly impressed with a lot of the logos that I've seen submitted.  While many  are technically sound, they lack character.   For a generic poker site (such as cardplayer etc.) they're great - polished, appealing - but this site to me is more about Negreanu than just poker strategy and discussion.   I'm currently treeplanting and had only one day on a laptop in the middle of the bush to throw something together, so I'm not really expecting them to fall head over heels in love with mine, but I really hope the logo they go with conveys character, otherwise what was the point of the competition?
I completely agree with goose.I didn't really have the time to do anything for the contest but after seeing some of the entries, I'm regretting the fact that I didn't put anything together.Like goose said, the stuff is pretty technically sound but you can only see so many variations on that silly griffin & FCP imprinted on chips.I found 99% of the stuff completely bland & devoid of character.
I completely dissagree with goose and yourself.We all had the same amount of time, and 1 week sint much. A lot of people were able to design and create very stylish and interesting logos within that time frame.Sorry you didnt have any time, I work 9-5 play poker, and have a life also. But i managed to put something together.Perhaps most of us are just better than you?? (that could be why your complaining about the quality of the work submitted)If you read DN's entry, there were roughly 1000 submitted. the 30 different members who posted theirs on the forum only account for 1/30 of people who entered.But thanks for looking like a real tool
If you read DN's entry, there were roughly 1000 submitted. the 30 different members who posted theirs on the forum only account for 1/30 of people who entered.
Exactly, if you are judging by what you only saw in the forum I could see the misunderstanding - but give me a break, with around 1000 entries there's bound to be several outstanding logos that can be branded to FCP.
If you read DN's entry, there were roughly 1000 submitted. the 30 different members who posted theirs on the forum only account for 1/30 of people who entered.
Exactly, if you are judging by what you only saw in the forum I could see the misunderstanding - but give me a break, with around 1000 entries there's bound to be several outstanding logos that can be branded to FCP.
Probably just p*ssed b/c they missed the deadline. :club: Besides, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I applaud ALL of the entries... at least they gave it their best shot and aren't afraid to be criticized by other forum members. The whole point was to have a little fun with this forum...

Governator,Didn't realize there were 1000 submitted, but I was referring to logos such as yours (which incidentaly is my favourite out of what I've seen so far). It's an appealing logo, solid colours, decent scale, it has all the "right" elements to it (as I understand them, I do have a bit of knowledge on the subject). The problem I had is that it doesn't convey (in my opinion remember, I'm not claiming to be a logo demi-god) any of Negreanu's character. The one of negreanu in the hockey helmet does it in spades for instance, although I don't find it too appealing personally. I wouldn't get too defensive about it, I was just throwing out my thoughts on it.p.s. for the post above - the part about how I had no time was meant to explain that I don't think mine is amazing, and so was pre-empting the "you can't talk because yours sucks" flame retorts. Also, I do not believe myself to be a better graphic designer than most on here, where that inference managed to derive from I'm unsure.

isn't a griffin a winged mythological creature with large talons? Which design was that? I saw lots of Rampant Lions but no Griffin...

Hey i got an e-mail saying that they liked my logos but wanted to see more. Did any one else get that?
You joined on June 20th, yet you submitted a logo for june 15th??how does that work exactly??
Governator,Didn't realize there were 1000 submitted, but I was referring to logos such as yours (which incidentaly is my favourite out of what I've seen so far).  It's an appealing logo, solid colours, decent scale, it has all the "right" elements to it (as I understand them, I do have a bit of knowledge on the subject).  The problem I had is that it doesn't convey (in my opinion remember, I'm not claiming to be a logo demi-god) any of Negreanu's character. The one of negreanu in the hockey helmet does it in spades for instance, although I don't find it too appealing personally.  I wouldn't get too defensive about it, I was just throwing out my thoughts on it.p.s. for the post above - the part about how I had no time was meant to explain that I don't think mine is amazing, and so was pre-empting the "you can't talk because yours sucks" flame retorts. Also, I do not believe myself to be a better graphic designer than most on here, where that inference managed to derive from I'm unsure.
Sorry, Goose... the deadline joke was actually meant for yeahmanword, who didn't submit a logo design. Wasn't trying to flame you (or anyone for that matter)

So speculating is kind of pointless, but are those who haven't received ANY emails (i.e., me) starting to take this as a negative? Obviously I'd rather have no email than a rejection email, but I'd rather have a congrats email than no email!

I have received no response as well...but I can imagine that the one's who have received an email..namely 2-3 so far are the ones that are for sure in the final 5. The ones who havent received anything are being decided on and will be receiving rejection emails this week as they are knocked out of contention.Just my thoughtGo Spurs Go!

The problem I had is that it doesn't convey (in my opinion remember, I'm not claiming to be a logo demi-god) any of Negreanu's character. The one of negreanu in the hockey helmet does it in spades for instance,...
Initial reaction: :-)
...although I don't find it too appealing personally.
Secondary reaction: :(Whipsawed! In the end, I'm glad that in spite of my lacking artistic abilities someone recognized that it was a hockey helmet.

I do like the pic, just not really as a logo... it would be kind of strange to see dn wearing a jersey with a picture of himself on it.

Im not going to lie, if people are getting emails saying their logo has made it through to the next round, Im a little dissapoined. I thought there were some GREAT logos on this site, but too be honest, I was sure at least one of mine were in contention... :cry: :cry: :cry: