trivia.. mensa style

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 suited to flop a 2-6 straight flush. note that 23 gives someone outs for a higher straight flush. and the Ace makes a runner runner royal.What about the 2nd question?
Wrong: with the 6 on board someone with 78 could get 9T runner runner (all same suit)

Ok here is a new question. It is rather simple, but lets see how long it takes the first person to answer. I estimate.......3 minutes.6000 people enter WSOP this yearEveryone goes all-in every hand and there are no tiesHow many hands does the tournament last?

i believe the z belongs on top because all of the letters on top can be drawn with one continuous line without overlapping and everything on the bottom besides the z cannot.

answer to: if 6000 people enter wsop questionthis question does not have a definite answer because if the board plays in any all-in situation it would alter the number of total hands.

6000 people enter WSOP this year Everyone goes all-in every hand and there are no ties How many hands does the tournament last?
the answer is the amount of tables that are in play, + 1.. each table has 1 winner. there are 600 tables. those 600 are split into tables of 10 again. so theres 60 tables., then everyone is al in again. so there is 6 winners. 1 final table 1 more handIts 3

i think i got it...E goes on top because all of the top letters start with a vowel sound, and the bottom ones don't...Ess, Aych, I, Enn, O, Ex, and add E on top, Zee, R, and Tee...unless you count the Ah sound for R... :?

Guest Anonymous
Ok. technically. its the 5 hi straight flush!!! because that is the lowest post flop.but it would be a 6 hi if you held the 2,3 of the suit if it was lowest hand starting
that would be incorrect if you had 23 of the suit and the flop comes A45 then you have a back door royal flush
Ok. technically. its the 5 hi straight flush!!! because that is the lowest post flop.but it would be a 6 hi if you held the 2,3 of the suit if it was lowest hand starting
that would be incorrect if you had 23 of the suit and the flop comes A45 then you have a back door royal flush
ya we know. i was drinkin when i did this question.the correct answer is a 5 high flush if u hold the A, 5 suited.

The answer to my 6000 entrant question is 4.1st hand 6000 people, 600 tables, down to 6002nd hand 600 people, 60 tables, down to 603rd hand 60 people, 6 tables, down to 64th hand 6 people, 1 table, down to 1

ok. heres the warm up question.What is the lowest possible hand, that is the stone cold nuts after the flop. (before the turn)ok. and now for the real question.Which letter from the bottom row belongs in the top row. And WHY??It does not have to spell a word. It simply has something in comon with the rest. S H I N O X Z E R T???????????????????
My apologies if someone posted the answer to the 2nd question already, but I am pretty sure I know the answer if no one has guessed. The answer is E. All of the letters S H I N OX , and E are all letters that have reflective halves (sorry, the actual vocabulary term I am looking for has escaped me after a few beers)....what I mean is that if you hold a mirror to the middle of any of those letters, the sides will be the exact same for S H I N O X , and E . If you look at the letter X and put a mirror down the middle, the two sides will be equal in shape. Did I get it? If I could think of the damn vocab. term that seemed to escape me, my answer would probably make more sense....
doesn't that work for E also?
Haha in all my hurry to type the answer, I realized that I had typed Z even though I was thinking E. I edited my answer to fix it. Stupid Oberon... :-)
doesn't that work for E also?
Haha in all my hurry to type the answer, I realized that I had typed Z even though I was thinking E. I edited my answer to fix it. Stupid Oberon... :-)
yeah...that makes more sense...sounds better than anything i've come up with too...
Number sequence- 12,6,3,5,4,4 What is the next number?It's 4.The next number in the sequence is equal to the number of letters in the preceding number.
Well done...I had just written the words on a piece of paper figuring it had something to do with the spelling, but you had already figured it out. Good work.
Number sequence- 12,6,3,5,4,4 What is the next number?It's 4.The next number in the sequence is equal to the number of letters in the preceding number.
ya i'll go wit hthis guy