could i have won more here?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont you have a sick wife?are you really going to follow me around here all day again?[/b].
Ah, come on now. I don't have a whole world of respect for how you OR Smash handle yourselves, but I'm no better than most of the stupid banter exchanged on this forumThat's over the line though, no matter what you meant by it. Brining up somebody's sick wife is pretty low. That's like a, "Whatever, man, your mom died of cancer... what? It's true!"You're better than that, I think.Ice
dont you have a sick wife?are you really going to follow me around here all day again?[/b].
Ah, come on now. I don't have a whole world of respect for how you OR Smash handle yourselves, but I'm no better than most of the stupid banter exchanged on this forumThat's over the line though, no matter what you meant by it. Brining up somebody's sick wife is pretty low. That's like a, "Whatever, man, your mom died of cancer... what? It's true!"You're better than that, I think.Ice
Once in a while we all need a reminder to keep things civil, and this time it was Absolute's turn to remind us. You'll see above that he takes responsibility for crossing the line, and I think that's the best we can hope for here.It's all good, as long as Smash is cool with it.edit: although to be fair Smash should expect people to get personal considering the tone of his posts
Boooooooooooooo!
I don't have anything to add to that, but I wanted you to know that I've had a good laugh out of your comments in this thread. It's kind of like Andy Richter used to be on Conan...you forget that he's there, but without him it's just not the same. I love the running side commentary.Ok, that's it.

please peopleread 25% of the shit he directed at me and then say you are shockedits not like i wished death upon the womani told him to go take care of her and leave me alonetheres a pretty big difference

Don't you people realize that Smash completely thrives on your arguing with him. It's not a matter of if you should preflop raise KJ from the big blind, it's a matter of intellectual inferiority. While Smash usually has solid advice (no big deal in and of itself, since many people here do), its a matter of arguing for the sake of feeling better about himself. He obviously gets satisfaction in being flamed and called an idiot because he convinces himself of his intellectual superiority. So, rather than make sound arguments about his choice of play, he chooses to take the position that everyone else is an idiot and doesn't understand the nuances of the game.Just for the record, raising KJ suited or not in the big blind w/ 3 callers is a losing play in the long run. Before you start arguing things like EV you should get a grasp on the fundamentals of the game.
haha. I thought he argued with you and most ppl on this board because of the bad advice you'll give out. Some of the stuff advocated here reeks. Why take offense if he calls your play retarded, when it was...well a retarded play. I would do the same, but I dont come on here that often. I dont understand the whole hate rage going on about him. I find his arguments are usually solid and well grounded in a firm understanding of the game. If you are wrong and he tells you you're wrong, in a colorful manner or not, why be offended if you were indeed wrong?
why dont you go get pwned on 2+2 again?or make false speculations about how they will respond to a hand? You mean the hand where Entity said three-betting was bad because lots of people limp with JJ?Just want to make sure we're talking about the same hand.You stopped reading the thread, huh?Hahaha.Funny stuff.
Does anyone have a link to this? Im curious.

I didnt see any pwnage in that thread. More of an, agree that we disagree sort of thing. I like the argument of raising KJo in this situation, if the table is loose passive with bad players, why not raise? Your hand and hopefully your postflop skills are much better than the oppositions.The other argument pretty much amounted to it being too marginal at best for some to raise here. There are players that push every edge and those that dont, waiting to push only the biggest edges. In this situation, Id raise. At a tight table, no. If you're not raising here because SSHE doesnt give u the go ahead, say so. But I gave up the hand charts long ago...either way you're better off playing the situation.

I honestly don't see a good reason to 3-bet the turn. He's probably got K6s or something, but theres no reason to go crazy with 2 pair. You played it correctly with the button waking up on the turn like that. It looks like he may have been slow playing a set on the flop bc he lets you and UTG+1 battle on the flop, and when he sees that UTG+1 isnt raising the turn, he makes sure that his money gets in. I wouldnt be surprised to see him turn over 88.
Exactly what i was thinking. You played the hand well. Guessing you won the hand because of the title of the post and think you should of been more aggressive.