Anyone out there tired of newbies? I know i am. I am tired of pulling off a great bluff, only to be called by some newb with king high. WHen u know that if u were playing with somebody who knew the game, who knew what they were doing, ur bluff would have worked :cry: :cry: :cry:

Part of a great bluff is actually scooping the pot. You need to look at who you're bluffing, there are some people you just shouldn't attempt to bluff. Hopefully you won some money from him later though, he doesn't sound like a strong player at all.

. I am tired of pulling off a great bluff, only to be called by some newb with king high.It's called getting outplayed.Man I love picking off a bluff from some newb when I have king high. It's sweeeet!

that's the easiest thing to do, blaming your play on the newbie. You should have realized the bluff wasn't going to work putting into consideration your opponent. That's part of being a good poker player, knowing who you can bluff and who you can't bluff. It's a cop out to say a better player would have fallen for it. Maybe if you played a better player, they'd re-raise your bluff and you'd end up folding, so you can't say it would have worked on a better player.Instead, look at your play. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why your bluff didn't work, maybe you got caught doing it before, or other reasons. Also, you need to put into consideration that calling stations will call down your bets anyways, so why bother bluffing? Why not have them calling down your bets when you have a monster?

Anyone out there tired of newbies?   :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Uh no. Without newbies poker doesn't exist.Remember The Economics of Poker Equation:Good Player Profits = Bad Player Losses - Poker Site ProfitsIf you chase away the newbies so that Bad Player Losses = 0 then Good Player Profits are :?

Newbies are what makes this game great. We all have to remember that we were once the fish at the table. (I still am sometimes) Its a great game, and without new players I would make very little money playing it. But aside from that, you do have to know who you are bluffing. True, the person with king high probably shouldnt have called you down regardless of what they thought you had, but that is poker. Its why I love the game. You can have absoulute crap in your hand and still win the pot. take care all!

That's when playing the player comes in handy. If you're at a table filled with calling stations, don't bluff. I've also called bluffs with K high, it's fun. A "great bluff" usually works. It might have been a great attempt at bluffing. Kudos for trying.Oh, and newbies are what keep the cash flowing. Fish are profitable. Yes, they'll call down to the river with a gut shot and sometimes catch, but look at it this way, if their odds are against them most of the time, you'll end up taking more money from them that way. You'll lose sometimes, yes, but in the long run you'll win. Poker is also about letting them make mistakes, calling your money away on a crap draw is a mistake.

Move up in limit. Change to no limit from limit. See how comfortable they are calling there whole stack with jack. Not for me but the old sure fire weak tight method just might be your last resolve.