2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True, but Mactavish doesn't get to take credit for Devan's success, nor does Shanahan for Kessel's. And I will continue to be bitter because it's sports and I don't have to be forgiving and understand

Bruins with zero shots in the 2nd period vs Ottawa.

This isn't directly related to the Niskanen incident, but his comment inspired it.   Everybody who injures someone claims they had "no intent to injure," But like, if you're running someone who does

Lol.

My eye test for a teams skill sets has been completely skewed by only watching other teams play the Avs this season. Chicago looked so good.

I participate in a random pool where I get one team from each conference. This gives me an excuse to root for specific teams I'd normally be indifferent about. Last year I had the Pens in the east so that was fun. This year I had the CBJ in the east which was not as fun.

BUT I have Nashville in the west so it was pretty great to see a sweep.

When was the last time an 8 seed swept a 1 seed anyways? Has it ever even happened before?

2003 7-seed Anaheim swept 2-seed Detroit.

Chicago was first #1 vs #8 seed to be swept.

I dont believe in clutch, but I sure do believe in Justin Williams. (thats sort of a Usual Suspects ref for all ya movie buffs)

All game he looked dangerous, and you just know this is when he always gets his goals.

fck fck fck.

this leafs series is fantastic.

Nylander-Kapanen

but i think fear JWilliams will score

You are not allowed to make predictions on Leaf games anymore

I would say great first round of playoffs, but there was no game 7, which is the best part of the playoffs for me, those games are so much fun.

Oh well, I guess all the the OTS were great.

sad end for the Leafs, they really had me rooting them on.

I blame Bieber He was in a box watching the game. When the Jumbotron flash over to him I had a bad feeling about it. Bieber is jinx. Only people cheering for Bieber were girls

I blame Bieber He was in a box watching the game. When the Jumbotron flash over to him I had a bad feeling about it. Bieber is jinx. Only people cheering for Bieber were girls

And Dubey

• Like 1

4 people need to hit the road for this team to take the next step. In order...

Connor Carrick

Martin Marincin

Matt Hunwick

Consuela Conchita Martinez

I think Carrick and Marincin are fine bottom pairing guys. Agree on Hunwick.

I think Carrick and Marincin are fine bottom pairing guys. Agree on Hunwick.

if the leafs pursue some top pair/second pair d, these guys drop to depth players anyway.

Anyone else kind of bored with the 2nd round matchups?

I had a real letdown when I looked at the matchups. Obv Wash v Pitt is great, but even that kind of feels like a little bit of been there, done that.

Edm/Ana is a bit intriguing, but NYR v OTT is a snorefest for me. (sorry John)

Nashville/St. Louis is interesting.

really? I dont know, I feel like St.Louis is nothing all that impressive, and Nashville is only interesting because of Subban/the city itself.

I feel no emotion towards most of these players, whether they win or lose means so little to me. Whats the compelling story? Only Subban for me, and even he seems kind of lost in the 'above average' level Nashville has been in for years.

I like Nashville's forwards. A good mix of solid vets (Neal, Fisher, Johansen) and some young guns (Forsberg, Fiala, Arvidsson)... defense is solid, and they've got awesome fans.

St. Louis just feels like they've been elite or close to it for a long time and could use a run to the finals. Some fun players to watch, most notably Tarasenko.