Dustin Byfuglien.....USA

Erik Karlsson........SWEDEN

Michal Kempny.......CZECH

Forwards:

Connor McDavid.......North America

Alex Ovechkin.........Russia

Aleksander Barkov......Finland

Anze Kopitar.............Team Europe

No expert in pools but I would take forwards from top 4 teams and D-men for bottom 4 teams.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The logo on the floor is even more idiotic.   How about if you don't want people to step on a symbol you don't put a giant copy of it on the floor? Lol

he wouldn't have made Team USA if American either because he doesn't fit well with their other players. He would be skating too fast and leaving the other players behind and we all know that players s

you pick a new coach

No expert in pools but I would take forwards from top 4 teams and D-men for bottom 4 teams.

sure that is another strategy...We shall prosper hopefully

woohoo, being taken to Finland vs N.America. That, along with my bet, now has my interest raised. Betting always helps! lol

that was a blast to watch. NA vs Sweden will show who is the 2nd best team in this, and I think now more than ever, that this team might win it all.

I dont know who at the NHL came up with the idea, but good on them. The amount of jerseys and shirts with NA on it, the cheer from the crowd....I cant figure out how a team with no history suddenly has this strong a following, a base this wide already.

At the pens gear store in cranberry (pens practice facility where team NA and team Russia were practicing) they were selling NA gear and team canada gear as well as Russian merch. The NA stuff was going out the door at about 3-1 of everything else combined including pens gear.

Right? Who are the people buying these jerseys? Lol

There's men my age and much much older wearing NA gear last night. I couldnt figure it out all, like if you grew up a Habs fan and have a Habs jersey at the age of 60, I get it. But ummm, huh?

No judgement, its all good, Im happy if they're happy, I just cant figure it out how this team has a "following". But then again, if you asked me who my "fav" team is in this tournament, it is NA, so there's that. lol

There's men my age and much much older wearing NA gear last night. I couldnt figure it out all, like if you grew up a Habs fan and have a Habs jersey at the age of 60, I get it. But ummm, huh?

No judgement, its all good, Im happy if they're happy, I just cant figure it out how this team has a "following". But then again, if you asked me who my "fav" team is in this tournament, it is NA, so there's that. lol

I guess I could see a lot of Matthews jerseys selling. McDavid too.

I don't understand this. I don't buy many jerseys at all. The only time I buy it is for Otto. However when we were at the CNE they were selling tebow jets jerseys for $3. My daughter wanted one and I got one and wore it to my fantasy pool

• Like 1

Living in the US amongst crazy NHL fans that happen to be American is pretty unique. However in unison we are all cheering for North America to win it all.

In our hockey circle we do have Canadians and this team creates an outlet for us to come together.

Sure it would be nice if Canada wins as expected. However it would be amazing to see the kids win. Especially with the Maple Leafs angle with our savior there

It will be interesting to follow Matthews vs Laine. I think Matthews has the better all around game and Laine is a sniper. Similar to Crosby vs Ovechkin but may not at the same level...but who knows.

Btw McDavid is a superstar.

My friend who took me last night is at tonights game with his son. He mentioned last night he figured his son would want some kind of NA jersey/shirt.

He just texted me that at end of first period intermission, after grabbing a bite, they went to find a shirt or jersey. There is not 1 item left in terms of jersey or shirt at the ACC. wow.

Its an interesting game whenever Canada and US face off..Both teams love to get up for this game..The US looks like they are done and Canada looks like they will roll through...

HOWEVER this is exactly a spot to get some value if you are betting...US is paying plus 235 today

Looks like a pretty high number, from what I expect to be a close game..This is do or die for the Americans who have to come to play..

Canada will probably win this game, but the price is too high to pass up IMO..Should be a fun one..

I really enjoy Brett Hull and Chris Chelios in the studio. Great analysis from 2 great legends. Barry Melrose not so much