World Cup Of Hockey 2016

If they asked me not to, I wouldn't, because it's not something to get all upset about either way. I'd probably tell somebody it was stupid, but I wouldn't make a stand on it (pun intended).

that seems fair.
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The logo on the floor is even more idiotic.   How about if you don't want people to step on a symbol you don't put a giant copy of it on the floor? Lol

he wouldn't have made Team USA if American either because he doesn't fit well with their other players. He would be skating too fast and leaving the other players behind and we all know that players s

you pick a new coach

I'm in Pittsburgh. Team NA and the Russians are practicing at the same time. Hard to say who the bigger star is, McDavid or Ovi. Although the biggest cheers are for matt Murray. :)

• Like 1

one of the guys here is running a really interesting and cool pool for the Championships..

You pick 8 players...You must have one player from each team and you must have 4 forwards and 4 dman..

Lots of strategy involved...

Any potential picks and strategies will be appreciated..

Preliminary picks...I will definetely change them before tomorrows deadline:

Dman

Brent Burns---Canada

Erik Karlsson---Sweden

Dustin Byfuglien...United States

Seth Jones------North America

Forwards

Alex Ovechkin----Russia

David Krejci------Czech

Mikko Koivu---Finland

Anze Kopitar---Europe

My thinking was take dman from the teams that I think will go farther...Its a straight points pool...No goofy stats...1 pt for goal and assist..

I think the top dman on the good teams will not only play more, but the difference in skill level is quite wide between the dman on the weaker teams...

I may adjust my Canadian player into a high end scorer as most likely the tourney leading point getter will be Canadian...But I have a feeling most entrants will include Crosby, so it might not be the best strategy..

One of the coolest pools I have entered..So many variables and really fun it looks like..

using a forward spot on Krejci not so sure about. The Czechs are pretty bad and aren't going to score much at all.

who do you think will get more points. McJesus plus Czech d-man or Krejci plus Ekblad ?

using a forward spot on Krejci not so sure about. The Czechs are pretty bad and aren't going to score much at all.

who do you think will get more points. McJesus plus Czech d-man or Krejci plus Ekblad ?

or swap Josi from Europe plus McJesus

hmm...Didnt think about sacrificing a team angle...Definetely worth considering...

Preliminary picks...I will definetely change them before tomorrows deadline:

Dman

Brent Burns---Canada

Erik Karlsson---Sweden

Dustin Byfuglien...United States

Seth Jones------North America

Forwards

Alex Ovechkin----Russia

David Krejci------Czech

Mikko Koivu---Finland

Anze Kopitar---Europe

My thinking was take dman from the teams that I think will go farther...Its a straight points pool...No goofy stats...1 pt for goal and assist..

I think the top dman on the good teams will not only play more, but the difference in skill level is quite wide between the dman on the weaker teams...

I may adjust my Canadian player into a high end scorer as most likely the tourney leading point getter will be Canadian...But I have a feeling most entrants will include Crosby, so it might not be the best strategy..

One of the coolest pools I have entered..So many variables and really fun it looks like..

Finland - Sami Vatanen

Europe - Roman Josi

USA - Dustin Byfuglien

Czechs - Who Gives A Shit

Sweden - Loui Eriksson

Russia Nikita Kucherov

Canada - Matt Duchene

N America - Johnny Gaudreau

My final team submitted:

Defenceman:

Brent Burns....CANADA

Dustin Byfuglien.....USA

Erik Karlsson........SWEDEN

Michal Kempny.......CZECH

Forwards:

Connor McDavid.......North America

Alex Ovechkin.........Russia

Aleksander Barkov......Finland

Anze Kopitar.............Team Europe

Finland - Sami Vatanen

Europe - Roman Josi

USA - Dustin Byfuglien

Czechs - Who Gives A Shit

Sweden - Loui Eriksson

Russia Nikita Kucherov

Canada - Matt Duchene

N America - Johnny Gaudreau

I feel all these players have something in common. Can't put my finger on it

Unless Big Buff is hurt this seems dumb but of course Torts is the coach

Irfaan Gaffar ‏@sportsnetirf 43m43 minutes ago

Palmieri, Byfuglien and Schneider will sit today for Team USA.