I feel better about losing this year because I didn't feel like the Jays deserved to win this series. Cleveland was the better team. While they got a few breaks in some spots, and the strike zone was definitely favourable to them throughout the series, that wasn't the reason they won the series. Last year I truly felt (and I still do) that the Royals were running an extended string of incredibly good luck, and I didn't believe they deserved to go to the world series over the Jays. I saw their (bad) manager make terrible decisions and not get punished for it. I still feel bitter about losing to the Royals to be honest, lol.

This year, I think I'll be cheering for the Indians to win the World Series. It's a likeable, well coached team that is perfectly built for playoff baseball.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a matter of taking off your foul-mouthed, beer swilling fanatical hat for a moment and putting on your decent human hat.

as a jaded blue jays fan, my arguments for signing Bautista for whatever he is asking:   1. If they don't spend it on Bautista, it won't get "Better spent elsewhere" on other players. This is the bl

Here's a good example how the Jays current run can establish life long fans throughout the county.   My nephew who is 11 years old lives in Montreal and only cared about hockey last few years. Love

Can't wait for the next few days to listen to all the "fans" that don't even pay attention to the jays until the playoffs start tell me why they lost and what they should have done differently.

for me, the hardest part of defining losing in baseball is...was it your hitting not doing well against average pitching, or was it their pitching overpowering your hitting.

I think their pitching just outplayed every other part of the teams.

It's also hard not like Lindor, who, aside from being a beast, plays the game with a joy that is enviable. Also, at no time was I rooting for Cleveland. However, that doesn't mean I can't respect a couple of their players.

Just watched Donaldson do a long scrum interview, minutes after being knocked out 1 step away from the World Series for the second year in a row.

I was amazed at his control and his maturity throughout, and then it ended with him saying "hey guys, just wanted to say thank you for the whole year"...to the media!!!! what a class act this guy is, I hope he plays the rest of his career as a Blue Jay

• Like 1

Especially since it's pretty much a misquote.

It's a completely innocuous quote deliberately taken out of context to create a story where there isn't one.

At worst it was a poor choice of words to say something that is not controversial at all: The Rookie pitcher with 11 innings of MLB experience is probably more nervous than we are.

• Like 1

Is the vibe I am getting and the chatter out there true , that the Jays will pursue Edwin and not Jose?

I love to see them both back, but I doubt it will happen..Edwin should be more sought after and money will be thrown at him...Bautista with bit of a down year might be cheaper and maybe will want to stay?

If they leave hopefully it will be to the NL, or at least out of the AL East.

Is the vibe I am getting and the chatter out there true , that the Jays will pursue Edwin and not Jose?

I love to see them both back, but I doubt it will happen..Edwin should be more sought after and money will be thrown at him...Bautista with bit of a down year might be cheaper and maybe will want to stay?

If they leave hopefully it will be to the NL, or at least out of the AL East.

it would be insane to have them both back

Jose should only be a DH not in the outfield any longer and EE should probably split time between 1st and DH so hard to have them both back at big money. EE is still an elite player, Jose not so much and looks like he is going to have trouble staying healthy at his age.

Jose's pride at this point I think is a pretty big negative for him. A new team can tell him that they're signing him to be the DH but harder for the Jays to do that and him accept it I think.

I'd like to see them both back, because I know they aren't going to go find comparable players to spend that money on if they don't re-sign EE and Joey, Blue jays are still a better team with Joey playing right field than Bossman Jr, so the fact that he wants too much money is irrelevant to me as a fan.

I'd like to see them both back, because I know they aren't going to go find comparable players to spend that money on if they don't re-sign EE and Joey, Blue jays are still a better team with Joey playing right field than Bossman Jr, so the fact that he wants too much money is irrelevant to me as a fan.

This is my thinking..With no salary cap, we shouldnt care how much they want .

Joey is no longer a major league outfielder, he's horrible on defense. That's the problem as well as the length of time that he's going to want plus the fact that he is only going to keep getting worse and more injured most likely.

I pay EE whatever the market is and live with him being overpaid in a few years. I don't pay Bautista the money unless he's clearly willing to just be a DH. But we don't know how effective he'll be as a DH and I truly think his pride is now a pretty massive negative. They kept him in right and DH'd Upton for example which is just nuts. Upton is a huge upgrade over Bautista defensively but you know Joey wouldn't have accepted not being in right.

Rogers will spend $50m a year on these guys but they won't even keep Shomi going (and my sister employed)?

Lol

I will take that's not how business works for $200 Alex.

Joey is no longer a major league outfielder, he's horrible on defense. That's the problem as well as the length of time that he's going to want plus the fact that he is only going to keep getting worse and more injured most likely.

I pay EE whatever the market is and live with him being overpaid in a few years. I don't pay Bautista the money unless he's clearly willing to just be a DH. But we don't know how effective he'll be as a DH and I truly think his pride is now a pretty massive negative. They kept him in right and DH'd Upton for example which is just nuts. Upton is a huge upgrade over Bautista defensively but you know Joey wouldn't have accepted not being in right.

All this being said. If Bautista can play 1st base and isn't insane with his demands that changes things but no way can he be a regular outfielder any longer.

Who would have thought we have a game 7.

This is a tough game to cap. I have no allegiance to these 2 teams even though Cleveland ball park I still have bad memories in. Wrigley you just soak in fhe atmosphere

Being a betting man i am leaning Cubs because of Kluber on short rest again. However if he manages to get by 4-5 innings I think like everyone else the Indians bullpen is too much.

Still on the fence on what to bet.

Kluber + Miller + Allen at home and underdogs? seems like an easy bet on the Indians to me.

Allen didn't throw yesterday and Chapman threw 20 pitches. the above 3 should be able to cover the entire game. I think the line should be -120 Indians. Instead it's -117 Cubs.