I like the young Gurriel they just signed today, I always liked what I had read about him before. Young, good upside.

I'm impressed they managed to get him.

Morales....hmmm. Should hit more HR than he did in KC, but I wonder with him. He's been very inconsistent, I could see year one being huge, and second year being a big letdown....or vice versa.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a matter of taking off your foul-mouthed, beer swilling fanatical hat for a moment and putting on your decent human hat.

as a jaded blue jays fan, my arguments for signing Bautista for whatever he is asking:   1. If they don't spend it on Bautista, it won't get "Better spent elsewhere" on other players. This is the bl

Here's a good example how the Jays current run can establish life long fans throughout the county.   My nephew who is 11 years old lives in Montreal and only cared about hockey last few years. Love

Happy with the Gourriel signing. A bit surprised to see our front office spending decent money to outbid on that type of player so pleasantly surprised.

Don't really understand overpaying for Morales so early in the offseason when you're negotiating with two others who may be playing the same position shortly, or alreasy do. Just have to hope they know more about the (probably negative) state of negotiation

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping that Atkins is talking in the media to drive Edwin's price down. Smoak is makin $4 million and shouldn't stand in the way of signing EE. I'd still like to see us sign him. I'm also really hoping for Dexter Fowler.

what's prompting the Smoak talk this morning from you. Did I miss something that happened yesterday or over night ?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing it was Atkins comment yesterday, that it would be hard to "get the best out of" Smoak, Morales, Pearce, and EE if they were all on the team.

• Like 1

what's prompting the Smoak talk this morning from you. Did I miss something that happened yesterday or over night ?

Just been following the winter meetings...

Encarnacion is there to be had. Yes, he turned down the Jays offer, but I think he figured there'd be much better offers coming in. By all accounts he loves playing in Toronto and the fans love him...but Jays management was apparently in such a hurry to move on after the offer was rejected that they don't really have room for Encarnacion now without making some signings redundant.

Also, Smoak sucks. Even more than Devon Travis.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing it was Atkins comment yesterday, that it would be hard to "get the best out of" Smoak, Morales, Pearce, and EE if they were all on the team.

just trade Smoak to a team with an overpriced middle reliever who needs a back up 1st baseman late inning defensive replacement.

I hope EE is back.

Also, Smoak sucks. Even more than Devon Travis.

Smoak at least has one above average major league skill and that is as a defensive 1st baseman although it's a position where defense doesn't matter that much.

What about Travis don't you like ?

I cant really understand the "Jays have no room for EE" narrative. Pearce is a multi pos guy, and Smoak should never be a starter on a good team. Or any team.

This team sorely needs a true 1B power bat, and hey....there's EE.

Like one of you said, hope its just the Jays way of lowering the price, but I think its time to bite the bullet, and offer the man 3yrs and 60mill. Everyone saves face, everyone gets what they want.

• Like 2

That would be ideal. You would have a team capable of battling the Sox.

btw, Im saying it first on FCP....the trade for Sale will come back to haunt the Red Sox very soon, and Sale will not be that good next year at all. ERA over 4.

fwiw, I really like the Steve Pearce pickup. I didnt like that they somehow equated it to letting EE go, but aside from the EE issue, I think Pearce is a decent player, lots of pop in his bat and can play 2B if needed.