• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's just a matter of taking off your foul-mouthed, beer swilling fanatical hat for a moment and putting on your decent human hat.

as a jaded blue jays fan, my arguments for signing Bautista for whatever he is asking:   1. If they don't spend it on Bautista, it won't get "Better spent elsewhere" on other players. This is the bl

Here's a good example how the Jays current run can establish life long fans throughout the county.   My nephew who is 11 years old lives in Montreal and only cared about hockey last few years. Love

he hit into 6 DP's all season which isn't that many. Travis does strike out too much though.

Plus 3 in 2 games in the playoffs. Small sample size, sure, but it's all moot...he'll be injured soon.

Travis is fine. If he can work on his defense and patience at the plate a bit, he could be a star. As it is, he's not hurting them at 2B.

his K% is actually fine at 20%, he just doesn't walk much because he puts a ton of balls in play, so his k/BB ratio is pretty bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah Jays are dumb for this one.

I don't think they ever wanted to re-sign Edwin. They offered him 4/80 out of the gate knowing he wouldn't accept so they could tell their fans they tried.

The Kendrys Morales signing, in a vacuum, is pretty bad, but not crippling. Given that it probably stopped us from paying money to Fowler or Edwin, the signing is looking like a complete disaster.

I kind of like Morales. And I actually really liked the Pearce signing.

But man, what a screw up this is.

2017: 20mill Edwin, or 16.25mill Morales+Pearce

2018: 20mill Edwin, or 17.25mill Morales+Pearce

2019: 20mill Edwin, or 12mill Morales only

This choice is a no brainer for me. Good luck spending the balance left from the above on anything that makes up for what you are losing in Edwin.

And even if the Jays say they are spending more this year, they have already spent most of the "edwin money"

Overall, the way I see it, its baseball, and anything could happen. Edwins back could give out once and for all, and Morales could get back to some of his better years, still only 33, not that old. And Pearce could hit 30hr in Toronto with some playing time, and even help out at 2B and all over the field. But if I had a choice today, and Im guessing if anyone had a choice today, they would pick Edwin.

Not sure who pissed off or didn't want who. For a player of Edwin's skills and age, 4/80 has to be as good or very close to 3/66. You'd think if that was the Jays offer and they really wanted each other, they'd have made a pairing. I'd imagine EE's camp was none too pleased with the Morales signing, which seems reasonable

I find that over the last 20 years, sports gambling has desensitized me from caring about actual players on my fav teams.

As a Toronto sports fan the only players I was pissed about losing were Clark, Holladay, and Mcgrady.

I can now add Edwin to that list. Typical of a Toronto sports franchise to have a he said she said bullshit over a guy signing or not signing. Like I said at the beginning of the year, to me Uncle Eddy was the guy we needed to sign.

That being said this is still a solid team, and unlike basketball where you basically have no chance to win with a solid team, in baseball you can.

and btw Andrew Mccutchen will help me get over losing Edwin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...