The Kessel Run (Into Toronto)

Kessel's Return  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does Phil Kessel Get Booed or Cheered On Saturday?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this is true, makes me wonder what Phil did last year to deserve this kind of action from Shanahan. Maybe there's more to the story. Or are we supposed to think Shanahan is just doing this because

Im very proud of appearing in possibly the worst major motion picture ever made. It was in theatres exactly one day. It's awful. I have a copy. Also, for Phil's new house, I got him as a housewarming

Booed but should be cheered.   Shocked Phil hasn't contacted me about a ticket for the game, since we are such good friends after hanging out once. Lol

They get season tickets (2) but they have to pay for them.

Now that is gross. Business is business but charging your employees for tickets they may not want is crazy.

Now that is gross. Business is business but charging your employees for tickets they may not want is crazy.

and if they don't charge them it's a taxable benefit so they pay anyway

I'm sure that was collectively bargained.

From team to team? I think visiting players got free tickets in Buffalo when they came to play (I could be wrong). I just remember when my buddy's cousin played in Buffalo he had quite a few family and friends come down. However in Toronto we paid for our tickets and saw him after the game. Not as many family/friends showed up.

From team to team? I think visiting players got free tickets in Buffalo when they came to play (I could be wrong). I just remember when my buddy's cousin played in Buffalo he had quite a few family and friends come down. However in Toronto we paid for our tickets and saw him after the game. Not as many family/friends showed up.

In Buffalo he was probably willing to pay for them since they are so much less expensive there

In Buffalo he was probably willing to pay for them since they are so much less expensive there

Now if that is the case, I feel bad.

I am not a freeloader.

for sure as long as Devan has been in the NHL it has been 2 "free" tickets for each home game (yeah they pay for them but it's a sunk cost). They always have access to pretty much as many road and home tickets as they want within reason, but they pay full sticker price.

Yeah that's the case. Remember two seasons tickets in Toronto have a value of about $16k and in the cba that would count as revenue if you gave them to the players. In Toronto they did have an arrangement where you could give back your season tickets but no one ever did.

I think the CBA prohibits any sort of "freebies" that weren't previously bargained. They're usually small, but you can probably imagine a scenario where a team could put together a "benefits" package that would help lower the cap hit.

I think the CBA prohibits any sort of "freebies" that weren't previously bargained. They're usually small, but you can probably imagine a scenario where a team could put together a "benefits" package that would help lower the cap hit.

Dustin Byfulgyien's next deal:

Agent: We want 8million a year for 8 years

Team: We will offer $4million a year for 8 years, and unlimited McDonalds for life.

Buffy: I'LL TAKE IT!

• Like 1

Typical Penguin 2015 win. No contribution from top 3. Terrible PP( they got one though) solid goaltending. Good defence.

Very impressed with Fleury.