The Kessel Run (Into Toronto)

Kessel's Return  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does Phil Kessel Get Booed or Cheered On Saturday?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this is true, makes me wonder what Phil did last year to deserve this kind of action from Shanahan. Maybe there's more to the story. Or are we supposed to think Shanahan is just doing this because

Im very proud of appearing in possibly the worst major motion picture ever made. It was in theatres exactly one day. It's awful. I have a copy. Also, for Phil's new house, I got him as a housewarming

Booed but should be cheered.   Shocked Phil hasn't contacted me about a ticket for the game, since we are such good friends after hanging out once. Lol

He doesn't look himself. He doesn't seem happy. They had some isolated shots of him and he seemed to even not forecheck aggressively.

As we know I'm not a Crosby fan but I hope he isn't hurt or having concussion issues. As much as I don't like him, a healthy dominating Sid is great for the game.

On paper Sid, Geno, 81 and Letang should be one of the top PP s in history. But they look weird. Is it a coaching systems thing?

Can't complain they won 4-0 but it's weird.

I've never seen a movie with a lower IMDb rating than Glitter.

Im very proud of appearing in possibly the worst major motion picture ever made. It was in theatres exactly one day. It's awful. I have a copy. Also, for Phil's new house, I got him as a housewarming present, framed movie posters for the movie theatre in the basement. His fave movies: Godfather, Braveheart, Wedding Crashers, Rounders, and.... a Glitter poster. Autographed by me. LOL.
  • Like 2

They should have risked people booing and at least put some sort of message up.

Vancouver did a video tribute for Ryan Kesler when he came back and he was the one who forced the trade while Phil wanted to stay.

It's funny how fans have such short term memories. Phil did exactly what any rational person could expect him to do his entire time in Toronto other than the last half of last year when the entire organization was a clown show and nobody can really be blamed for not being at their best.

They should have risked people booing and at least put some sort of message up.

Vancouver did a video tribute for Ryan Kesler when he came back and he was the one who forced the trade while Phil wanted to stay.

It's funny how fans have such short term memories. Phil did exactly what any rational person could expect him to do his entire time in Toronto other than the last half of last year when the entire organization was a clown show and nobody can really be blamed for not being at their best.

Found out yesterday that the leaf game day production staff had a video prepared. Shanahan himself nixed the video, and forbid the in house big screen tv crews from showing any closeups of Phil. Or any stats that referred to him. This is getting pretty petty.

Found out yesterday that the leaf game day production staff had a video prepared. Shanahan himself nixed the video, and forbid the in house big screen tv crews from showing any closeups of Phil. Or any stats that referred to him. This is getting pretty petty.

That's just stupid.

if this is true, makes me wonder what Phil did last year to deserve this kind of action from Shanahan. Maybe there's more to the story.

Or are we supposed to think Shanahan is just doing this because hes irrational and petty?

• Like 2

if this is true, makes me wonder what Phil did last year to deserve this kind of action from Shanahan. Maybe there's more to the story.

Or are we supposed to think Shanahan is just doing this because hes irrational and petty?

There has been no bad interaction between the two. Shanahan made his own mind up on Phil. Not saying he's not entitled to do that, but that's all there is to it. It's pretty clear he simply doesn't like him. The rest of his management group wanted to keep Phil, Shanahan vetoed it and traded him. Again, that's his prerogative, and there should be nothing more to it. But it seems like there is. Even Horacek said in an interview after the trade that he had no issues with Phil, it just took him a little time to figure out how to talk to him. Which was to do it privately rather than as a group. Again, it's pretty obvious that SHanahan thought Phil was the problem. Fair enough. I don't understand why he would make it personal, and be petty about it.

One funny thing I heard last night from a Penguin (not the ones I know!). A veteran. He said that The leafs may be the worse team he's ever seen in his entire career in the NHL. And that he felt sorry for the players.

There has been no bad interaction between the two. Shanahan made his own mind up on Phil. Not saying he's not entitled to do that, but that's all there is to it. It's pretty clear he simply doesn't like him. The rest of his management group wanted to keep Phil, Shanahan vetoed it and traded him. Again, that's his prerogative, and there should be nothing more to it. But it seems like there is. Even Horacek said in an interview after the trade that he had no issues with Phil, it just took him a little time to figure out how to talk to him. Which was to do it privately rather than as a group. Again, it's pretty obvious that SHanahan thought Phil was the problem. Fair enough. I don't understand why he would make it personal, and be petty about it.

With all due respect Chris, that sounds like one side of an issue. I have no information from either side, or dont care about either side, but it seems a little far fetched to assume someone as respected as Shanahan just arbitrarily decides to make things petty and personal for the whole world to know, without having some reason behind it. People dont usually get to a place of power by being irrational and emotional with their decisions on their coworkers/employees.

• Like 1

With all due respect Chris, that sounds like one side of an issue. I have no information from either side, or dont care about either side, but it seems a little far fetched to assume someone as respected as Shanahan just arbitrarily decides to make things petty and personal for the whole world to know, without having some reason behind it. People dont usually get to a place of power by being irrational and emotional with their decisions on their coworkers/employees.

What I'm telling you, and you can believe it or not, is that the two of them spoke about 3 times in the entire tenure. No issues, no harsh words.

What I'm telling you, and you can believe it or not, is that the two of them spoke about 3 times in the entire tenure. No issues, no harsh words.

I always believe you.

But isnt it possible it was some other actions of PK's that Shanny does not like? Just because their conversations were civil, doesnt mean other actions of Phils, maybe towards the staff or the fans or teammates, rubbed Shanny the wrong way? Or maybe he heard something from the staff he didnt like?

Hey, I'm just grasping at possibilities, because something doesnt add up for me. I think even you said you didnt understand why Shanahan would act this way.

I can confirm that Kessel, Hornqvist, Scuderi and Kunitz took an Uber ride back to the team hotel after practice today. They did not sign for the autograph hounds. Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury did sign and got on the team bus.

I almost went out to the practice, since I live so close to it... did you and Otto go? Or just Nathan?

Otto went with 2 buddies. I don't go with him anymore plus it is Sunday. Had to watch my money go down the drain.