Trade Deadline 2015

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are talking about baseball.

Zach, Winnik is not a 4th liner. Nor would I use "gritty" to describe him. I'd go with "good at hockey". Judging by your comments, you aren't at all aware of his game, and you probably will be surpris

He'll fit right in.

I realize Winnik is probably a top end 4th liner, and he's an upgrade over Sill or Adams... But I still think its a meh deal. It's fine. Hopefully he's decent.

You will be pleasantly surprised...

I realize Winnik is probably a top end 4th liner, and he's an upgrade over Sill or Adams... But I still think its a meh deal. It's fine. Hopefully he's decent.

I think he's entirely capable of being a great 3rd liner. I like Winnik a lot.

50th-60th overall in 2016 isnt a great pick imo. still, 2 chances to get a good player that will prosper on another NHL team.

Is Tlusth having a bad season?

Grit being valued more than goal scoring ability is kind of funny to me.

Well Winnik has more points than Tlusty..

Tlusty is soft, Winnik will go to war for you.

Zach, Winnik is not a 4th liner. Nor would I use "gritty" to describe him. I'd go with "good at hockey". Judging by your comments, you aren't at all aware of his game, and you probably will be surprised.

• Like 2

Well Winnik has more points than Tlusty..

Tlusty is soft, Winnik will go to war for you.

Fair enough. That's why I asked about this season. Winnik will never touch Tlusty's career highs though.

Tlusty gets way more PP time and has 6 PP goals and 3 PP assists..Compared to ZERO for Winnik

Well, he won't be anywhere near the PP in Pittsburgh.

Is he a centre? Is he better than Brandon Sutter? That'd be cool.

his even strength points per 60 is 1.82, which is pretty good. Would be 6th on Pittsburgh for the year. Well ahead of Sutter, Letang, Kunitz, Perron, Maata among others.

Oops, leafs retained 50% of contract. Clearly Pens needed cap space. Maybe the leafs COULD have gotten more, don't know.

Its pretty insignificant on a pending UFA, with 22 games left.

Its pretty insignificant on a pending UFA, with 22 games left.

It is for the leafs. For the Pens, though, they are up against it. So maybe Toronto could have gotten more. Like I said, I really don't know.

This also backs the leafs into a corner (like the Grabo buyout), They are only allowed to retain salary on 3 contracts and now they have two (Winnik Gunnarson). Gonna make the rebuild tougher.

Makes it look like the leafs could have gotten a bit more for Franson/Santorelli if they waited. Hard to say tho. The first shoe always has to drop to get the market climbing.