Clash Of Clans - Brags, Questions, Threats And Anything Else!

The theory is that by moving your base outside, your shield will be triggered by trophy hunters who only want to win and then quit, thus protecting your resources since that isn't what they're after. With the shield up obviously no one else can attack you.

But why do they quit?

Whats the downside of getting it all? Plus they get more trophies...If they just get the Town hall, they only get 1 trophy..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our whole family is dressing up. Wife is going to be an archer, I'm going to be a wizard, 10 yr old a barbarian, and the best of all, the 14 month old will be a wallbreaker complete with bomb.

See? That's the case closing argument in cars vs transit: Clash of Clans better on transit. The end. Now we can FINALLY be done with the 28,983 pages of car vs transit argument. Whew. That's a relief.

Alright, the ban hammer fell with great force. I kicked my next door neighbour, my nephew, and a friend. Can't say I'm not fair with the hammer....

But why do they quit?

Whats the downside of getting it all? Plus they get more trophies...If they just get the Town hall, they only get 1 trophy..

It's more that you'll get attacked by different people. Right now you have tons of people 'see' your base with the opportunity to attack...people who want trophies, people who want loot..strong, weak, etc. If your Town Hall is well protected, you'll only get attacked by loot hunters and the trophy hunters will skip you. If your base is way outside, the trophy hunters will just take the easy trophies and move on, and that'll trigger your shield, which then protects you from the loot hunters.

But why do they quit?

You get 4-6 trophies and can win the battle with 1 archer, then I get a 12 hour shield. Danny nailed it, it's the type of people who are attacking you. When my shield goes down, I typically get attacked within about 5 minutes. Usually they get 4 trophies and 1k gold/elixir and my shield goes back up for 12 hours.

You get 4-6 trophies and can win the battle with 1 archer, then I get a 12 hour shield. Danny nailed it, it's the type of people who are attacking you. When my shield goes down, I typically get attacked within about 5 minutes. Usually they get 4 trophies and 1k gold/elixir and my shield goes back up for 12 hours.

I was copying this for awhile, but kept getting annoying when I wanted to attack and had a shield on (which you can, you just feel silly).

Dubey's suggestion works best at higher levels I'd guess, though I plan on doing it in the next few days - going to raid raid raid to get my upgrades, then take a few days off and just upgrade collectors during the 6-day TH7 wait.

Do you keep it like that for the war?

Assuming no

I'm sure he doesn't - that's one nice feature of the game. Your "war base" doesn't necessarily change when you change your regular base. So you can do what Dubey does and don't need to bother with changing it back for every war.

Funny pattern I've noticed in the last week. If I have 50k+ available in gold, I'm getting attacked at least once an hour, even if I have no elixir. But I can have 100k+ i elixir available (and it's all in one place, as opposed to spread out in 2 storages like gold), and minimal gold, and I might get attacked once every 4-6 hours.

I was copying this for awhile, but kept getting annoying when I wanted to attack and had a shield on (which you can, you just feel silly).

Dubey's suggestion works best at higher levels I'd guess, though I plan on doing it in the next few days - going to raid raid raid to get my upgrades, then take a few days off and just upgrade collectors during the 6-day TH7 wait.

I'm sure he doesn't - that's one nice feature of the game. Your "war base" doesn't necessarily change when you change your regular base. So you can do what Dubey does and don't need to bother with changing it back for every war.

Yeah but I don't even feel bad about attacking when I have a shield now as I know I'll get another one right away. That said, it's been great for me the last few days as I haven't been able to log on much with the baby coming, just racking up resources from my collectors and not losing anything to raiders. Plus the 350k bonus from each war helps.

Not sure if you can see this screenshot I have uploaded? I don't get the logic of some players bothering with an attack lime this... I don't even know half of these units! Surely this attack cost him a bunch more than he Got or can even get from me? Bizarre.

Woop, got up to half a mllion of each resource, so stuck my base outside. 15 minutes later, 6 archers take it out for 1k of each and a 12-hour shield. sweet.

Though not as sweet as the replay I posted, which was 120 barb rush right into a hole in the middle of my base I accidentally created. Thankfully, the hold was directly under a wizard tower, which is probably not the best play to stick 120 low-HP guys. Adam's two level-6 giants in my clan castle absorbed the blows and the wizard tower took them out in 36 seconds. He only got the 4 gold when he got smart and sent a single one at one of my mines after the fact. Was pretty funny.

Not sure if you can see this screenshot I have uploaded? I don't get the logic of some players bothering with an attack lime this... I don't even know half of these units! Surely this attack cost him a bunch more than he Got or can even get from me? Bizarre.

Can't see it, but I know what you mean. I've seen it too - sometimes guys will be trophy-hunting I guess and just run you over with an expensive army. Frustrating for sure, but really nothing you can do other than stick your base outside and hope for shields.

Can't decide on my next lab upgrade...can do level 3 of giants, wizards or lightning spell. Wizards seem the most useful if you're actually good at attacking. Since I'm not, I'll probably be using mostly giant/healer strategy so I'm leaning towards giant. Lightning doesn't seem to be a huge difference from 2 to 3 so ill probably leave it.

I may have the chance to get healers to level 2...seems like that'd be helpful but I also see a lot of experienced players still with level 1 healers (not sure if I can do them at my lab level until the barracks upgrade is done)

I did my lightning upgrade when I was just running pure barb rushes, just because it was the only thing I was using besides barbs (I wouldn't use it often, but sometimes, like when troops came out of the clan building) . But now that I'm running an attack with archers and goblins (not many, but some), I regret not upgrading archers and goblins to 3 instead of lightning. It's taken 2 days!

didnt want to bring it up in the clan chat, but its selfish when the 34th ranked guy attacks their 45th guy and the 36th guy attacks the 44th..

Its not good teamwork, and screws the weaker guys like me up..

Argggg. Got hit for back to back raids last night for a total of 600k elixer and 1k dark elixer.

I'm not sure what hurts more. I was 200 dark elixer away from 10k and my barbarian King. I had been painstakingly grinding it up for weeks, and I would have been up to 10k by morning. This sets me back a few days at least. sigh.

didnt want to bring it up in the clan chat, but its selfish when the 34th ranked guy attacks their 45th guy and the 36th guy attacks the 44th..

Its not good teamwork, and screws the weaker guys like me up..

Heh, I also noticed our #4 guy attacked one in the late 20's (and only got 2 stars since he used a bunch of goblins!) and one of our mid-20 guys attacked 39th.

On one hand, I think it's ok to attack lower, even much lower, so long as you still try to get the three stars. Attacking top bases is great, but the fact is that not all bases are going to get attacked, and a star from the #1 base counts the same as one from #45, and that we don't always clean up all the stars from the ones in the 40's.

My personal line is in the last 2-3 bases though...there's usually a drop off in the early 40's, and no reason someone with access to 180+ troops needs to be attacking some of those. Leave those for the guys at the end, and go ahead and clean it up if the day is getting on and we haven't 3-starred some of them.

I'm annoyed because I was lined up to attack #35 and #39...really thought I had a chance at both, though I ran out of time on #35 and got 82% but only one star. Ended up going with my third choice all the way at #21...thought I could definitely get 2 stars, but my giants turned the wrong way off the bat and I couldn't get any.

Mostly, I'm just impressed at how well-designed this game is. Love having basically two different games with your regular base/attacks and the clan wars.

Argggg. Got hit for back to back raids last night for a total of 600k elixer and 1k dark elixer.

I'm not sure what hurts more. I was 200 dark elixer away from 10k and my barbarian King. I had been painstakingly grinding it up for weeks, and I would have been up to 10k by morning. This sets me back a few days at least. sigh.

That f'ing sucks. Grinding dark elixir seems like a really tough go.

Yeah it's a pain in the butt. it costs 1.2 Million (I think) to build the drill, and you only get 20 per hour. Then for 1.5 million you can upgrade it so it drills 30 per hour. Next upgrade is 2 Mill I believe for 40 per hour. It's nearly impossible to raid for it because it is rare for anyone to keep a lot of it in their base, as I am doing now. I suspect most people pay the gems to fill their storage to get the Barb King and Archer queen (40k!), but I am kind of determined not to do that. I've just been mining the drill plus getting 300-400 each clan war. It's been a slow grind to 10k.

There's a few little things we need to clean up with our clan, but overall we are really building a strong group. The issues we will address eventually (1 at a time!) are:

- attacking too low: we'd like to try to set a 10 above limit (that's pretty generous).

-attacking bases that have already been attacked. Pet peeve of mine. Guys do it for the loot. Bad for the team. A few wars back we had the #1 on the enemy list with his town hall outside. At least 3 players attacked him just for the 1 star and loot. And it happens a LOT with the bottom players, but that's partly tied into the above point. Still, once a player has at least one star on an opponent, we should be looking elsewhere unless its a guaranteed improvement of 2 stars (3 total)

- players stocking clan castles with weak troops. This one is a bit harder, because the intention is good. But for the mid level to top level guys, finding level 3 archers or barbs in your defensive castle is useless. Our clan is FANTASTIC at donating, but we should probably designate levels. (i.e. 30-45 no less than level 3, 20-30 no less than level 4, 10-20 level 5, and the top 10 level 6).

-players asking for troops during clan wars and making it look like they're for the war when they're not. I booted a player last time for doing this repeatedly.

But these are small things. Any suggestions you guys have, let me know. Things are overall great! Thanks to everyone and their participation.

There's a few little things we need to clean up with our clan, but overall we are really building a strong group. The issues we will address eventually (1 at a time!) are:

- attacking too low: we'd like to try to set a 10 above limit (that's pretty generous).

-attacking bases that have already been attacked. Pet peeve of mine. Guys do it for the loot. Bad for the team. A few wars back we had the #1 on the enemy list with his town hall outside. At least 3 players attacked him just for the 1 star and loot. And it happens a LOT with the bottom players, but that's partly tied into the above point. Still, once a player has at least one star on an opponent, we should be looking elsewhere unless its a guaranteed improvement of 2 stars (3 total)

- players stocking clan castles with weak troops. This one is a bit harder, because the intention is good. But for the mid level to top level guys, finding level 3 archers or barbs in your defensive castle is useless. Our clan is FANTASTIC at donating, but we should probably designate levels. (i.e. 30-45 no less than level 3, 20-30 no less than level 4, 10-20 level 5, and the top 10 level 6).

-players asking for troops during clan wars and making it look like they're for the war when they're not. I booted a player last time for doing this repeatedly.

But these are small things. Any suggestions you guys have, let me know. Things are overall great! Thanks to everyone and their participation.

Things are doing great, and you are doing a fantastic job in making sure they stay that way.

I'm really surprised that you can get loot even if you don't get any additional stars. It's hard not to be selfish when we're talking about an easy 600k in resources I guess, especially when we're winning wars by 30+ stars, but I hope people are good enough that they'll only do it very late in the war if victory is assured (some people will always be selfish of course).

Attacking 10 above is a good guide. I think there's often good reasons to attack 5-10 above you, and we do want to make sure we're always getting the easy ones.

And yeah, war castles really need big-time troops. My base has been defended from attacks at least 10 below me because someone stuck minions or level 5 wizards in there. Donating is awesome, but the war castles should be a special case.

I think everyone attacking a bit "below" your level is a good thing. ie, if you are the 20th ranked base, attacking their #25 is good. Logic being that since not everyone attacks in wars, our attacks should be focused on getting the maximum amount of stars. everyone attacking their "equal" base and only getting 1 star is not ideal.

Though, I really don't think this is an issue, as we have been absolutely crushing everyone in wars, and last war, we had at least 1 star on every single base in the enemy clan, which is amazing.

I personally usually attack the "recommended target", which is usually a few levels below me.

the not attacking way below should be a rule..

Now its almost impossible for some of us to get any stars, when level 20s are attacking level 40s...

It wouldnt matter if we all shared in the elixir and golds( maybe do like a percentage)

Its not a huge deal, but it can be fixed with your rules that you set out for sure..

just in case anyone didn't notice, Resource boosts are on sale right now. only 1 gem each. Great value. Hope it goes on longer than just today.

I just used it on all my collectors

I would definitely wait to set any additional rules until we have a solid group that consistently attacks when they are supposed to. When it's time, people should be encouraged to only attack their recommended target or no more than +5/-5 spots, that will be good for the clan as a whole.