2014 Playoff Thread

My Canada includes Quebec

Of the teams left this is the order I hope will win

1 Montreal

2 Rangers - For John

3 Chicago - Love the team and franchise but they won last year

Way down last one of the LA teams - They play their games too late for me

My Canada includes Quebec too but as a Leafs fan I can't and never will cheer for Montreal or Ottawa (or Boston or Buffalo). I am a NY Jets fan and will never cheer for any team in the AFC East.
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But but but you support drug user rob ford...

Well, that should pretty much kill my chances of ever eating hummus again.  

Serge, you know I usually stick up for you but you are coming off really bad here.   Subban a cheater? This is a guy who gets booed every tiem he touches the puck, mostly because he is black. Had ra

My Canada includes Quebec too but as a Leafs fan I can't and never will cheer for Montreal or Ottawa (or Boston or Buffalo). I am a NY Jets fan and will never cheer for any team in the AFC East.

I'm a lover not a hater.

Except for pigeons and sea gulls. I ******* hate them.

Oh and Canada Geese, all they do is shit turds as big as what a Saint Bernard does.

I'm a lover not a hater.

Except for pigeons and sea gulls. I ******* hate them.

Oh and Canada Geese, all they do is shit turds as big as what a Saint Bernard does.

It's good luck if a bird shits on you.

For those of you patriotic Canadians.

Rangers vs La gets the most Canadians in the cup final

...from the guy who cheered for USA in the Olympics, ladies and gentlemen.

Can we get a count on the number of Americans on each team?

...from the guy who cheered for USA in the Olympics, ladies and gentlemen.

Can we get a count on the number of Americans on each team?

That's right buddy. USA in the Olympics.

I don't really care who wins as long as Montreal loses in THREE

And I have a small futures bet on Rangers to win cup.

That's right buddy. USA in the Olympics.

I don't really care who wins as long as Montreal loses in THREE

And I have a small futures bet on Rangers to win cup.

Having a bet is the most important reason to cheer for any team, I think we can all agree on that.

Having a bet is the most important reason to cheer for any team, I think we can all agree on that.

I remember having an over/under bet and cheering for my wager. If I win my bet I lose my roty game. One guy could not understand the reason why.

The comments on Facebook from idiots are precious.

At least I respect Dale because he grew up a Habs fan. Losers in Toronto should be deported on the next street car

Serge, you're so far off the rails. I haven't awoken to a train wreck like this in some time.

You are clueless. You are the train wreck. Go ride a streetcar

Yes, I remember him. Did you know he played the same number of NHL playoff games this season as the entire Leafs team?

• Like 1

Yes, I remember him. Did you know he played the same number of NHL playoff games this season as the entire Leafs team?

Yes. Did you know he is Canadian? Unlike most of the Habs

• Like 1

I'm sure there was a point when I knew he was Canadian. Haven't really thought about it...ever.

Subban and Price are Canadians. They both have olympic gold medals and now

THE HABS ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR!!!!

Triple Low Five!

I'm sure there was a point when I knew he was Canadian. Haven't really thought about it...ever.

Subban and Price are Canadians. They both have olympic gold medals and now

THE HABS ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR!!!!

Triple Low Five!

One is a slew footer , the other an alleged drug user. Just saying

You don't think that kind of talk happens in every game? Subban is proven to be one of the dirtiest players in the league. It's a fact.

NEVER IN THE HANDSHAKE LINE.

The biggest fallacy in life. Cheering for a Canadian team.

Vanek

Markov

Plekanec

Pukkaready

Eller

Gionta. The captain

Emelin

Bouillon

Murray

Tinirdi

Galchrnyuk

Budaj

Not Canadian

Number of Canadians that will be very happy if the Habs win - millions. Number of Canadians that will be happy if the Rangers win - a few hundred. Quebec is a part of Canada. I can tell, because when a Quebecker won an Olympic medal (which happened often), we cheered and it rang up under Canada's total.

And your list needs a quality quotient. I don't care where the 4th-liners are from. For instance, Montreal gets bonus points for having their goalie and best player being Canadian (double bonus points since they represented Canada at the Olympics). Kings have so many Canadians that they probably still "win" by this measure, but I like it better. We need a scoring system.

My Canada includes Quebec

Of the teams left this is the order I hope will win

1 Montreal

2 Rangers - For John

3 Chicago - Love the team and franchise but they won last year

Way down last one of the LA teams - They play their games too late for me

I would've agreed with this until yesterday, when I read a bunch of Americans discussing whether Toews had overtaken Crosby as the best player in the league. I can't take a whole summer of that stupidity, so Chicago falls to the bottom.

Oh, and pretty sure I placed a Rangers East and Rangers Cup bet pre-season, and didn't even care because they were so far out when I checked. Pretty sure I can win as much as $14 is they win the cup. Still rooting for the Habs, though the Rangers a close second for John AND ARP.

I enjoyed this exchange.

Serge, you know I usually stick up for you but you are coming off really bad here.

Subban a cheater? This is a guy who gets booed every tiem he touches the puck, mostly because he is black. Had racial slurs thrown at him after scoring the OT winner in game 1. Got sprayed by water every time he passed the Bruins bench, and generally had to put up with being harassed by the biggest bunch of douchebags in hockey for an entire series. I'm not going to begrudge him if he tries to take a little back when the ref isn't looking.

And don't try to justify that Lucic bullshit in the handshakes. that shit does NOT happen all the time. If that happened to ay team but the Habs you would be all over it. that goes outside the game of hockey, that reflects on the type of human being Lucic is. I've played a lot of hockey in my life, and I've been in a lot of heated situations on the ice. When it comes to the post game handshakes, you leave that shit behind you and you act like a decent human being. If you are too shell shocked and disappointed because you played like a bag of shit in the most important game of the season against your most bitter rivals and in front of your home crowd , you put your head down and say nothing.

• Like 2

Great post, Dave. I'd like to believe Subban gets booed more because he's an excellent player though :)

with Subban it's complicated.

He's really really good, he's flashy and he's Black