• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As opposed to all the other productive stuff that gets done around here? lol

He'd just give it up anyways.

Look at that undrafted too-short hockey player with an Olympic gold medal hanging around his neck!

With all the talk of Korea and 2018 , NHL players competing..

I think we can have just as great a tourney, if the Olympic tourney was for juniors...We go nuts for it (maybe its just a Canada thing) every year over Christmas..

If we dont have NHL players, it wouldnt be a fair or level tourney with other countries pros competing..

Then once every 4 years we can have a World Cup with all the NHLers in the off season...

My opinion: ask him but I think it's best to leave him there so he can see the effect this all has on sooo many Canadians. He already knows his father is a huge fan, and will watch the gold medal with him on Sunday anyway.

I actually booked a couple of appointments today and missed the end of curling and most of the hockey game. Got home and turn it on at the 5 min mark

Goal

Mad American start in ot

Canada penalty

Gross American penalty (but we will take it)

Wick breakaway (sb penalty shot but we will take it)

Goal

I was by myself at home and absolutely freaked.

It was awesome

Reading some stuff about the officiating and how it was bad etc. Something just popped in my head. Women's Olympic Soccer = Karma

Not even close to the debacle of 2002, when the Canadian Women's Team had to endure the refereeing of american Stacy Livingston, who called a non-stop parade of non-existent penalties against Canada. Kim St Pierre stood on her head and the canadian defense was brilliant, particularly Kellar and Pounder. that was an even gutsier win than yesterday...

Its his bday on Sunday..He is turning 9...He is really into hockey, as now that he plays competitive and actually notices things that i miss..This morning we were watching the Swiss/Sweden game before school and he said "look all the players on the ice are left handed"

Its a game he might remember for years,(or maybe it will be a dud ) , much more than the one day at school...They are watching the game at school anyways..

Will let the wife decide..

Some good thoughts on this - I can only add that it should only be a decision on where he'd prefer to watch it. One day of school at that age, especially on a Friday when they'll be watching anyway means nothing. He is much too smart and you guys are way too good of parents for this to teach him any lessons like 'school isn't important', so I say go for it. My wife's aunt is the best mom I know (other than my wife), and she pulls her daughters out of school probably once a month for some type of significant personal or educational day, and from talking to them, it seems like it has contributed to their growth as people more than they learn in the rest of the month at school.

Though I do know that some teachers have raised concerns about it, but it's an easy thing to smooth over if you treat them respectfully. Just play up the whole "I respect school, but I feel that parent's also have a big role in their child's development and education" and they'll be butter in your hands : )

Not even close to the debacle of 2002, when the Canadian Women's Team had to endure the refereeing of american Stacy Livingston, who called a non-stop parade of non-existent penalties against Canada. Kim St Pierre stood on her head and the canadian defense was brilliant, particularly Kellar and Pounder. that was an even gutsier win than yesterday...

. I know it was not close at all. Just reading how the American captain was going off about her penalty in ot and how it should not be a penalty

I know the officiating in soccer was extremely

gross.

It was something that just popped into my head

The story of this tourney is that big ice is bad for offense. Weaker teams employ systems to limit chances and just drop back and stop offensive opportunities.

The only good game so far between two good teams has been the USA Russia match.

Why was it assumed that the big ice rewards fast,skilled , creative players?

The only team that has been able to score at ease has been the USA

While we are on the wrong side with most of you, may the better team win. Hope we get a well officiated, fast exciting game.

I prefer a 7-2 USA thrashing but I don't think it will happen. Canada is ready and possibly have played a bit possum and haven't shown there full hand.

I have some perfect scenarios I like to see today, most of you will know what they are.

The script is just too similar to 2010. Canada, Crosby underperformance till when it really counts( if you can underperform going 4-0)

I'm pretty nervous but hoping for the good result. I just hope we see Luongo at some point today.

Good luck to the Canada fans, which include my family and friends.

Roses are red violets are blue

I can't wait till noon, hope you feel that way too

Two super teams going for it all

Everyone will be watching, no shopping at the mall

Kessel vs Crosby and Quick vs Price

Hat trick by Phil will more than suffice

Should be a great game for fans of both teams

Come on USA let's make this team steam

God bless the USA and Go Canada go

• Like 1

There is a ton of hype for this game, and I think yesterday's game really pushed it up to this level.

Went to a couple of clients this morning, one of them in a large office/corp setting, lots of people with Canada stuff on, and everyone talking about the game. I dont imagine anything is going to get done in this country between noon-3p EST.

PS- I can be such a sucker when it comes to betting...bet Kessel+Nash to score first goal. I had a really tough time placing a bet on Canada, I just dont know with this game.

Home on the couch with Adrian.

He decided he rather watch here, instead is a computer streaming in class.

Arp those first goal scorer odds juicy

I hope it's a good, close game with no injuries. I'll find someone to be happy for no matter who wins.

I think I feel the same. I'm cheering for Canada I suppose, but mostly for others in my life, and not so much personally. Whoever wins, isn't going to change my mood much either way.

Be nice to see some of the drama I missed yesterday. :)

I hope it's a good, close game with no injuries. I'll find someone to be happy for no matter who wins.

Me too.

Let's have fun.