Off Off Topic: Cool Toronto People's Thread

Getting tired of Wynn, I really hope the Conservative have a decent candidate this time.

Might have to go NDP for the first time.

I don't mind pricing carbon but Cap and Trade is a really bad way to do it.

A direct carbon tax is the best way and then use those revenues to cut other taxes. That's what B.C. has done and it's working really well.

B.C.’s carbon tax shift works

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• serge

• Babying

• FCP Bob

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As you may or may not know, Otto has a disability (Autism). He has cope with it very well and imo has made great strides in his development. We (my wife and I) went through alot during his primary s

At the beginning of all of these revelations, Ford's allies and councillors tried to sit down with him privately, and urge him to look out for himself, to get help, and to come back stronger than ever

Heavy Rescue Squad 331. Beaten up, soaked, and with bellies full of smoke. Best job in the world.  

I don't mind pricing carbon but Cap and Trade is a really bad way to do it.

A direct carbon tax is the best way and then use those revenues to cut other taxes. That's what B.C. has done and it's working really well.

B.C.’s carbon tax shift works

Bob is this the same tax they introduced last March? I thought they already added this tax.

Yes health. I have to make some changes to my lifestyle in 2017

So I went to see a doctor today. I feared the worst and it was. I have high blood pressure. Pretty high actually. The doctor said if I was 10 points higher he would have sent me to the hospital.

I have not seen a doctor in over 30 years. I have never been sick. I am devastated

So I went to see a doctor today. I feared the worst and it was. I have high blood pressure. Pretty high actually. The doctor said if I was 10 points higher he would have sent me to the hospital.

I have not seen a doctor in over 30 years. I have never been sick. I am devastated

You're not 20 anymore...can't live on buffets, hockey cards and diesel.

Seriously though, I'd suggest not waiting 30+ years before seeing a doctor next time.

High blood pressure isn't good, but at least you found out before something worse happened...you can take steps to reduce it and medication is always an option.

Wayne you need to cut out fast food. I eat maybe twice a month and nowhere near what I use to.

Before taking the pills see if there's lifestyle changes that can bring it down. Stop betting on NBA no good for the blood pressure!

Wayne you need to cut out fast food. I eat maybe twice a month and nowhere near what I use to.

Before taking the pills see if there's lifestyle changes that can bring it down. Stop betting on NBA no good for the blood pressure!

It was too high so he put me on meds.

Yes stopping gambling might help. Especially that hell Mary by stafford to make the game go over

I eat a lot of fast food. That will stop. I drink a lot of coffee. I have not had a coffee in 4 days now

Have to see the doctor on Thursday to see how I am

How high was it? I always read a little high at the doctor's office because I get a little anxious in there, but read relatively normal anywhere else I get it measured. My blood pressure is a little high anyway since I am such a big guy + only have one kidney.

Consider popping into a shopper's drug mart and use their machine to get a "second opinion" in a more relaxing atmosphere.

I was 190 over 110 today at the doctors. He said if I was 200 he would have sent me to the emergency

Last night I went to shoppers and it read 210 over 120

A couple of days ago I picked up my wife at the hospital and she had a read of 170 over 110. My wife is a RN

I think I had 160/90 or something one time and they made me wear a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours that took my BP every hour, turned out normal.

Bob is this the same tax they introduced last March? I thought they already added this tax.

I'm not sure when it was announced but it came into effect Jan 1st

Genetics, diet, lack of exercise, stress all can play a part. Like somebody else said take your own healthy seriously and stay on top of things.

Because I've had colitis my entire adult life I've always regularly seen Doctors but I'm lucky when it comes to blood pressure that mine is in the low normal range.

Because my lifestyle has been pretty sedentary I'm reading gas meters part time which is basically being paid to go on very long walks. A few weeks ago on a Saturday my phone fitness app said that I took just under 40K steps that day for about 18 miles of walking. That was 8 hours of walking that day.

As much as we joke about being degenerates, it can truly have an impact on your health.

My one advice to anyone sports betting is find your worry limit. There is always a $ amount that win or lose you don't care, find that amount and make it your limit.

speaking of health problems...

I bruised my ribs playing hockey on Friday. Didn't hurt that much at first but now it is pretty painful. Not in the "hurts to breathe" range, but firmly in the "makes day to day activity fairly difficult" camp.

That's whatever, it's a nuisance but nothing major. Except that I am just today starting to get a chest cold. My wife and kid have been sick for the last week or so, and this particular cold has come with some horrible coughing fits. Coughing for me right now is borderline excruciating, and I honestly have no idea what I am going to do if I end up with a severe chest cold + an inability to cough without extreme pain. I'm really dreading it to be honest.

speaking of health problems...

I bruised my ribs playing hockey on Friday. Didn't hurt that much at first but now it is pretty painful. Not in the "hurts to breathe" range, but firmly in the "makes day to day activity fairly difficult" camp.

That's whatever, it's a nuisance but nothing major. Except that I am just today starting to get a chest cold. My wife and kid have been sick for the last week or so, and this particular cold has come with some horrible coughing fits. Coughing for me right now is borderline excruciating, and I honestly have no idea what I am going to do if I end up with a severe chest cold + an inability to cough without extreme pain. I'm really dreading it to be honest.

narcotic cough suppressant, see your Doctor for a script.

narcotic cough suppressant, see your Doctor for a script.

hycodan it's called. Wonderful stuff. Don't take it if you have addictive tendencies. Otherwise, the shit is magic. And very pleasant.

hycodan it's called. Wonderful stuff. Don't take it if you have addictive tendencies. Otherwise, the shit is magic. And very pleasant.

it's wonderful if you don't need to leave the house since you probably don't want to be driving when taking it or for night time to help you sleep

Cool, might try to make an appointment for later this week just in case. Sounds like it won't help for the daytime when I have to work but should be good for overnight

Genetics, diet, lack of exercise, stress all can play a part. Like somebody else said take your own healthy seriously and stay on top of things.

Because I've had colitis my entire adult life I've always regularly seen Doctors but I'm lucky when it comes to blood pressure that mine is in the low normal range.

Because my lifestyle has been pretty sedentary I'm reading gas meters part time which is basically being paid to go on very long walks. A few weeks ago on a Saturday my phone fitness app said that I took just under 40K steps that day for about 18 miles of walking. That was 8 hours of walking that day.

My diet is the issue. Mcds, Burger King, Fish n Chips, etc every day for lunch. The doctor showed me the Tim Horton's nutrition menu is loaded with sodium.

I told my family I am changing that they will not lose their dad from health issues. I will not drag my body to hockey anymore, and I will start jogging 2 miles a day.

I did tell 2 of my golfing buddies that if I can I will be walking the course if we are allowed.

• Like 2