Off Topic, Kinda.....

actually I was gonna bring that up..It really does help in that aspect..

not sure when this game came out, but Adrian and every single one of his friends play it..It seems like a game that actually has some real life merit to it.

I've never actually played it, and I have only a very basic idea of what it may be, but I saw an article a while back that suggest it as a way to get kids interested in the issues and problems facing cities and all that jazz.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Where do Movado watches for kids fall in all this

Just as good. Big M's family will be just fine now.

Serge, we gotta do silver. Gold too expensive these days....but its already coming down in cost, and will come down even more soon-ish. I've tried a few different things sort of like that, it requires a lot of work on the marketing end. And money.

Just as good. Big M's family will be just fine now.

Serge, we gotta do silver. Gold too expensive these days....but its already coming down in cost, and will come down even more soon-ish. I've tried a few different things sort of like that, it requires a lot of work on the marketing end. And money.

I actually like silver better...

I don't even know anyone who buys jewelry. The only thing I like are watches, which I would buy a ton of if money were no object, so I guess there's that.

Arp, I don't even know what you actually do. If you care to explain it, I'm all ears.

Question for Steve:

I'm looking for a good book to read. I'm thinking of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I seem to remember that you've read it. Would you recommend it?

Import-Export. Shhhhh.

I've told you, you forget. Its essentially wholesaling jewellery to the retail stores you see. I'll explain more in person someday. We should go for a beer once both of our schedules are more open. I miss the Queens Landing, or whatever that institution was around the corner from your place/AHL draft.

Question for Steve:

I'm looking for a good book to read. I'm thinking of the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I seem to remember that you've read it. Would you recommend it?

You didn't ask me, but I was/am a big Stephen King fan. For some reason, I couldn't get into the Dark Tower series though, might have the time in my life when I was just too busy.

Im curious to see what Steve says, cause I want to get into reading more books again, but I think I want to try more non-fiction now. Anyone got any recommendations? I dont think Ive read a book in 2years, and the last of them were the Anthony Bourdain books lent to me by a friend, good stuff.

Import-Export. Shhhhh.

I've told you, you forget. Its essentially wholesaling jewellery to the retail stores you see. I'll explain more in person someday. We should go for a beer once both of our schedules are more open. I miss the Queens Landing, or whatever that institution was around the corner from your place/AHL draft.

Maybe I can join you for a beer and you can explain me the jewellery business.

I dont get it...Your end is a bit different...

But how is it possible for 1000s of jewellers to all work side by side and all make money...I guess not all of them are making money...

Isnt retail the toughest business out there?

Question for Steve:

I loved it. I'm a huge King fan though. So that might be it but I tried ready g book one and couldn't get through it twice. Finally buckler down and read it and never stopped till the end if book 7. Book 6 I think was tough as well. Book 4 is one of my favorite books ever and the ending of the series I thought, was good.

I will warn you that it gets odd at one point but it doesn't verdict the overall experience too much. I won't specify though. Just a warning.

If you can I would suggest reading Wind through the keyhole after book 4. It was published recently but he does say to shelve it between 4 and 5. Or if your a publication order junkie then it's fine to wAit.

I restarted it again as a side read on top of new stuff. I really enjoyed it. I think we have similar tastes so I think you'll like it.

Import-Export. Shhhhh.

Haha, I vaguely remember it, but I'm always drunk around you.

I'm done exams on the 10th, but I have no job and no money, so going out is difficult, lol.

Maybe I can join you for a beer and you can explain me the jewellery business.

I dont get it...Your end is a bit different...

But how is it possible for 1000s of jewellers to all work side by side and all make money...I guess not all of them are making money...

Isnt retail the toughest business out there?

Ya, Serge should come.

Haha, I vaguely remember it, but I'm always drunk around you.

I'm done exams on the 10th, but I have no job and no money, so going out is difficult, lol.

Ya, Serge should come.

If one of you wasnt an anti suburbanite, you could all come to my house and we can watch a game..Beer is free at my place.

You didn't ask me, but I was/am a big Stephen King fan. For some reason, I couldn't get into the Dark Tower series though, might have the time in my life when I was just too busy.

Im curious to see what Steve says, cause I want to get into reading more books again, but I think I want to try more non-fiction now. Anyone got any recommendations? I dont think Ive read a book in 2years, and the last of them were the Anthony Bourdain books lent to me by a friend, good stuff.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/90850.What_Happy_People_Know

I never said I was anti-suburbanite. I'm anti-unsustainable-pattern-of-development.

I'd be happy to come out, but I don't have a TTC pass this month, or money for GO, lol. God, I'm pathetic.

Leafs and Pens do play this month I think. Yup... Dec 16.

This past weekend we were in Belleville for an overnight hockey game/games...We had a few hours to kill before a game so we decide to take the kids to a movie..Frozen is the big kids movie now..Well we got there and it was sold out..

We decided to see the Hunger Games...its not your ideal kids movie but also not that bad for 8 year olds..

I havent seen the first one, and unfortunately dont read these sort of books( i like to start)...Without giving away the movie, I cant really critique it as I havent seen the first one...

Its a cool concept though.

The actors are big named and recognizable....

And I must say Jennifer Lawrence is not only HOT, she is a very pretty woman.

Thanks Steve and Arp!

I will definitely give them a go.

Are there any other King Books I should read? It's strange, I read quite a bit, but I have only ever read one book by Stephen King, and that was for a book project in High school.

I'd prefer non-horror recommendations if possible.

I'll read the Gunslinger soon, and let you guys know what I think.

I think I have a lot of ideas, but I wouldn't mind some book recommendations as well. Only caveat is they need to be available at library.ryerson.ca... Going to try to read some over the break. I have a whole friggen month off. I need a job.

Serge, The first movie is pretty awesome, IMO. I've read the books too. First one is decent, 2nd and 3rd are a waste of time, IMO. 1st movie >>>>>> 1st book.

How do none of you guys own a business that needs help?

I am always hiring, but my business isnt something you can just pick up and is very difficult. AND its 100 percent commission

Serge, The first movie is pretty awesome, IMO. I've read the books too. First one is decent, 2nd and 3rd are a waste of time, IMO. 1st movie >>>>>> 1st book.

I usually wouldnt see a second movie without seeing the first, but it was something to do...I dont want to ruin it for you but I have heard that the first movie is way better.

Somebody should Stake Zach for some poker games while he is off.

Zach?

Interested in putting in 10000 hands at .25/.50 on stars?