Off Topic, Kinda.....

I use my kid's plastic spoons. Something about the plastic makes it feel extra like a big treat.

Also, I'm super impressed/jealous of your guys podcast-listening ability. I have many hours where I could listen based on work and travel, but I can't function in any way if I'm listening to people talking at the same time. There's no way I could be even minimally useful at work while hearing anything from the podcast or vice-versa. I can only even listen to music with lyrics if it's something very familiar.

I can't absorb a podcast if I'm doing any work with words (reading, writing, etc). If I'm working with numbers or whatever data, I'm good to go. Happens less and less at work these days.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some lighthearted talk here plus this will make sure that I can read this again sometime as it's a good story, at least for me. If it wasnt for posting all those apartment stories I would forget almos

I debated posting this, because I might be overdoing this topic this week, but I made a sort of personal promise to myself that I am going to promote more positivity and try to never be negative or pu

Danny.... Thats a great attitude to have, and you will be amazed at the progress Owen can make with that kind of attitude and persistence on your part. On Feb 4, 2003, the diagnosis I got was that

Finally watched Snowden. It was a decent movie...despite the presence of Nick Cage. I didn't learn anything new from it. Edward Snowden is a f'n hero!

Oh I keep forgetting to check that out. Will dl tonight.

I tried it. It's pretty fun. Just did some of the preliminary quests, got to lvl 6. Combat is pretty cool. Seems to be a lot of active players. Chat is going to be the main issue like any mmo on a console. I'll probably sink most of my limited gaming hours into this over the next little while and see where it takes me.

I tried it. It's pretty fun. Just did some of the preliminary quests, got to lvl 6. Combat is pretty cool. Seems to be a lot of active players. Chat is going to be the main issue like any mmo on a console. I'll probably sink most of my limited gaming hours into this over the next little while and see where it takes me.

Yeah I've been playing it. Lvl 7 wood elf. Trying to find a vendor lol. I have to sell stuff to make room.

Hosting my friends tonight, if I wanted to run 1 or 2 quick NLHE tourneys for 8 players or so, whats the best site to find a structure for blinds to make sure I wrap up in 2hours? Any sites with actual countdowns I could put on the screen?

Thanks!

(we usually just play cash games, just trying something diff for my group of buds who come+hang out at my basement monthly, its a ritual we started last year to make sure we keep in touch, hang out just the guys, even if its just a Wednesday in a basement)

Hosting my friends tonight, if I wanted to run 1 or 2 quick NLHE tourneys for 8 players or so, whats the best site to find a structure for blinds to make sure I wrap up in 2hours? Any sites with actual countdowns I could put on the screen?

Thanks!

(we usually just play cash games, just trying something diff for my group of buds who come+hang out at my basement monthly, its a ritual we started last year to make sure we keep in touch, hang out just the guys, even if its just a Wednesday in a basement)

https://pokersoup.com/tool/blindStructureCalculator

• Like 1

Yeah I've been playing it. Lvl 7 wood elf. Trying to find a vendor lol. I have to sell stuff to make room.

what town did you start in? I'm a half-orc (up to lvl 12 now after playing for a couple hours last night). The town I started in has a few merchants that were accessible pretty early to dump all the crap that I picked up. I've started being more selective in what I pick up. My entire inventory was filling up in like 30 minutes of fighting once I moved to the slightly higher level area.

rant that nobody else cares about but me:

I think I've mentioned on here a few time that I am a part of an "ultimate fantasy league" that incorporates all four sports. This year I loaded up on NBA and my team was truly, incredibly stacked. in the last few weeks I've lost to injury: Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Kyle Lowry, and now Eric Bledsoe. Plus I have John Wall and he had to have an MRI for a sprained ankle last night. literally every major injury in the NBA in the last month has been on my team, and now I am a longshot to win my semi-final matchup next week against the other guy who stacked up his team for the playoffs, and has had zero injuries.

edit: oh, plus boogie cousins got traded to New Orleans which turned him from the clear cut 3rd best player in the pool (it's a h2h points pool), to a borderline top 25 guy.

I think I've mentioned on here a few time that I am a part of an "ultimate fantasy league" that incorporates all four sports. This year I loaded up on NBA and my team was truly, incredibly stacked. in the last few weeks I've lost to injury: Kevin Durant, Joel Embiid, Kyle Lowry, and now Eric Bledsoe. Plus I have John Wall and he had to have an MRI for a sprained ankle last night. literally every major injury in the NBA in the last month has been on my team, and now I am a longshot to win my semi-final matchup next week against the other guy who stacked up his team for the playoffs, and has had zero injuries.

edit: oh, plus boogie cousins got traded to New Orleans which turned him from the clear cut 3rd best player in the pool (it's a h2h points pool), to a borderline top 25 guy.

geezus. seriously, thats bad. You literally named off all the big NBA injuries I heard about this year.

Finally watched Snowden. It was a decent movie...despite the presence of Nick Cage. I didn't learn anything new from it. Edward Snowden is a f'n hero!

Interested in this, since the last few years have raised some questions. Greenwald just the other day (I think) 'slipped' and said he'd been in touch with Snowden since a month before he'd started NSA training. Which doesn't necessarily disclude him from being a hero now that I think about it.

Watch the snowden documentary before th movie if you can. The doc is amazing.

I probably won't end up watching it because I pretty much only watch cartoons...would be interested in anyone's summary/personal opinions

The doc is amazing because it's actual real time as the whole snowden thing was going down. They had a documentary crew with him as he handed over all the info. If Dale watches it, he will never stay in a hotel again. Lol.

And Millsap goes down.

A month ago, I had a stacked starting lineup, plus 5 guys on my bench who could fill in reasonably well.

Today, as my semi final matchup kicks off, I'm starting 3 guys that I've picked up on waivers in the last week.

And Millsap goes down.

A month ago, I had a stacked starting lineup, plus 5 guys on my bench who could fill in reasonably well.

Today, as my semi final matchup kicks off, I'm starting 3 guys that I've picked up on waivers in the last week.

you really need to have tougher players who don't go down so much, bad management