2012 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what did you guys all think about that Brown hit? Was it dirty? I just read that the Phoenix goalie said something like Brown should be suspended forever. Which, you know, is a little different than the nothing the league gave him. When I saw it live, I didn't really think much of it at the time.

Eh, so-so. Clearly there was just frustration on the part of the Coyotes. They felt the refs were terrible all series long, and it culminated by losing on a goal when they felt they should have been on the PP.It probably could have been a 2 min minor, but I doubt it'd be anything more. Typically a penalty in overtime needs to be pretty blatant too.Here's a good read on it: http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/05/23/breaking-down-the-dustin-brown-hit-on-michal-roszival/

It's a borderline hit, but many of Brown's hits are.The fact the play was offside is irrelevant because I don't think it was late.Keep your ****ing head up if you're gonna cut into the middle.

bet365 is showing LA as the favourite. NJ +1.15 to win.So I bet $50 on LA before the playoffs started, to win $1050. Would you hedge by betting on NJ? How much?Im considering like $250 on NJ, to at least get a couple of hundred out of this.or do I just let it ride? I like LA's chances, but that doesn't mean anything in these playoffs.

bet365 is showing LA as the favourite. NJ +1.15 to win.So I bet $50 on LA before the playoffs started, to win $1050.Would you hedge by betting on NJ? How much?Im considering like $250 on NJ, to at least get a couple of hundred out of this.or do I just let it ride? I like LA's chances, but that doesn't mean anything in these playoffs.
I personally would not hedge.I was neither on either team but now cheering for the Kings. Want you to win the bet.

If the odds were opposite, I might not bother. But getting better than 2:1, I'd hedge it and cash out some early. I don't think $1K changes your life, but you're looking at an easy cashout now. All the helium is on the KIngs - have they really been THAT impressive, against mostly lesser competition, than the Devils? That's a real question, I've barely watched any playoffs.

Depends on what the money means to you, Arp. Don't forget you only have $50 invested. It would be sweet to turn that into $1,000.

Depends on what the money means to you, Arp. Don't forget you only have $50 invested. It would be sweet to turn that into $1,000.
You could always just bet $50 on NJ and freeroll, no?
Long wait until Wednesday.Sucks for LA to have games at 5 pm local time too, including games played there next Monday and Wednesday.
We're probably going to leave our house at 2pm. Haven't talked to my dad about it though.

I want the Kings to win but I am worried about the Devils..They look really strong and have a lot of solid offensive weapons. You have to give the edge in goaltending to the Devils too, with the experience factor.Having said all this I would love to see LA win the cup.

I want the Kings to win but I am worried about the Devils..They look really strong and have a lot of solid offensive weapons.You have to give the edge in goaltending to the Devils too, with the experience factor.Having said all this I would love to see LA win the cup.
I think the Carter trade has been huge and almost more for losing Jack Johnson. Kings 25-7-4(I believe) after the trade. A lot of it is that Carter has made the Kings deeper but we don't see as many bone head plays on defense.
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I bet on the team, and it's easy to root for someone when money is on the line. But it's been a long time since I have been so impressed with a team in the playoffs. Just a ridiculously great effort, and so so well played. Good news: I hedged for only 100 btw. Bad news: I already spent the winnings on the weekend in Vegas, so a win was kind of necessary.