LOL that you think he's actually non-partisan.
YOU offered a quote that called him non-partisan and offered no suggestion or evidence that he wasn't. I didn't realize I was supposed to guess that he was totally a Democrat, a fact which I'm sure you didn't just invent.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, I can also teach you something about sourcing a quote.- Speaking about political dissent (February 2003), quoted in — Hunt, Jim (2009). They Said What?: Astonishing Quotes on American Democracy, Power, and Dissent‎. Polipoint Press. p. 22. ISBN 0981709168. OCLC 313653904.^^^ A hilarious cartoon of himself.
?As a person who was kicked out of an 'anti war protest' by the liberals in charge, I can tell you that I watched them begin throwing trashcans and rocks through store windows and setting off smoke bombs. At the Republican Convention in St. Paul.I don't know which protesters Rush was talking about, but that description fits perfectly with what I experienced first hand.-------------------------------------------
Stated about abuse of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib by United States soldiers (May 3-4, 2004), quoted in — Hunt, Jim (2009). They Said What?: Astonishing Quotes on American Democracy, Power, and Dissent‎. Polipoint Press. p. 196. ISBN 0981709168.abu-ghraib-dog-attack.jpgHaha, that does remind me of college!
Well considering that the 'abuses' reported were being reported along side the reports of aids workers and journalist having their heads cut off...I would think the comparison to hazings to be pretty accurate. Of course the pain of having underwear on their heads might be a little less than your average football team's hazing policies...--------------------------------------------
- Telling his listeners about his idea to turn the National Democratic Convention into "Operation Chaos" on The Rush Limbaugh Show (April 9, 2008)Hahaha! Those riots were so much fun! 152 officers were injured and over 500 protesters and innocent bystanders too! Hahaha let's hurt cops!
When democrats disagree with their party, they hurt people...is it Rush's fault that your side is so violent and uncaring to police and other heroes?----------------------------------------------
This one is simply hilarious, that he thinks he has any insight to offer:On the Black state of mind, The Rush Limbaugh Show, December 8, 2009
Usually he lets Bo Snerdly do these, because Bo Snerdley is Rush's number 1 guy and being black enough, he qualifies to speak for the black position. But if there is one thing I love, it's when a democrat party can claim racism after their answer to the problems from high black unemployment is to throw them a basketball at midnight and hope they don't mug anyone...-----------------------------------------------
And here's a nice little breakdown of his famous "controversial" comments about black quarterbacks:
Underbar.Anyone think McNabb wasn't overrated when his offensive line was the only thing making him look so good, a fact clearly shown after he left and had an inferior second line to support him? And case in point, the black commentators on the show when Rush talked about it heard Rush, they weren't offended and later even said so. But it doesn't matter, Rush is a racist, therefore he is not allowed to talk about football. And he also is prohibited from owning an NFL team...in America.
Well, at least John Wilson has a tiny bit of brain working. If he wants to sell something, just put Rush's name and face on the front cover and push hate. Guaranteed to get the sheep on the left to pry open those wallets they never seem to open for the poor and buy a book.Imagine a conservative writing a book focuses on one person on the left and how bad and evil they are...
YOU offered a quote that called him non-partisan and offered no suggestion or evidence that he wasn't. I didn't realize I was supposed to guess that he was totally a Democrat, a fact which I'm sure you didn't just invent.
Its kind of like some idiot liberal who called Dennis Miller today and tried to pretend he was a conservative, but he kept blowing it by talking about the liberal media and the leftist news reporters.We don't talk like that. We don't place clarifiers on people to explain who they are, thus rendering their opinions to bias before they ever get them out.It's why we are better than you guys.That and our women are 10Xs hotter.I've been to both Democrat and Republican conventions...you guys would never vote democrat again if you saw what represents you...
Well considering that the 'abuses' reported were being reported along side the reports of aids workers and journalist having their heads cut off...I would think the comparison to hazings to be pretty accurate. Of course the pain of having underwear on their heads might be a little less than your average football team's hazing policies...
You're obviously drinking the Kool Aid if you think the Abu Ghraib incidents were actually nothing serious. Wanna see more pictures? Did your football team pretend they were about to kill you?
When democrats disagree with their party, they hurt people...is it Rush's fault that your side is so violent and uncaring to police and other heroes?
Hilarious comment that completely ignores the quote. Rush actively wished for a repeat of an event that caused injury to hundreds and hundreds of people including 150 police officers. Period. You've also shown that you know very little about the riots in Chicago in 1968.
Anyone think McNabb wasn't overrated when his offensive line was the only thing making him look so good, a fact clearly shown after he left and had an inferior second line to support him?
The question wasn't, "Is McNabb overrated?" The question was, "Is McNabb overrated because he's black," which was the assertion made by Rush. Good job ignoring the point though.
And case in point, the black commentators on the show when Rush talked about it heard Rush, they weren't offended and later even said so. But it doesn't matter, Rush is a racist, therefore he is not allowed to talk about football. And he also is prohibited from owning an NFL team...in America.
Wow, if a black guy employed by Rush thinks that something Rush said wasn't offensive, then it surely wasn't! Any black person can speak for all black people, just like any white person can speak for all white people! Sense!
Well, at least John Wilson has a tiny bit of brain working. If he wants to sell something, just put Rush's name and face on the front cover and push ahte. Guaranteed to get the sheep on the left to pry open those wallets they never seem to open for the poor and buy a book.
Well at least you ignored the entire substance of what he said. The bolded is hilarious. It's like you're willfully saying the opposite of the truth.
Sure, I can also teach you something about sourcing a quote.- Speaking about political dissent (February 2003), quoted in — Hunt, Jim (2009). They Said What?: Astonishing Quotes on American Democracy, Power, and Dissent‎. Polipoint Press. p. 22. ISBN 0981709168. OCLC 313653904.
BTW here are some picture at Anti-war protests...IMG_3575.jpgsoviet-flag.jpgIMG_3185.JPG
You're obviously drinking the Kool Aid if you think the Abu Ghraib incidents were actually nothing serious. Wanna see more pictures? Did your football team pretend they were about to kill you?
How many inmates were killed?How many decapitated?I had Al Jeezera on and not one beheading during this time from our troops.we could ask them, they are in jail for what they did.
Hilarious comment that completely ignores the quote. Rush actively wished for a repeat of an event that caused injury to hundreds and hundreds of people including 150 police officers. Period. You've also shown that you know very little about the riots in Chicago in 1968.
Now did Rush say he wanted 150 policemen injured? Or are you extrapolating that in order to paint what he said in the worst possible light? When you have to sensationalize it this much, it shows how weak you are.
The question wasn't, "Is McNabb overrated?" The question was, "Is McNabb overrated because he's black," which was the assertion made by Rush. Good job ignoring the point though.
No the question was WHY was McNabb overrated? Because Rush's position was that his offensive line was not getting the real credit they deserved, because the media was desperate for a black quarterback to praise. (btw, most of the offensive line was black...kind of hard to be a racist while praising the performance of a black guy and saying he's not getting credit because the media only wants to focus on the black quarterback )They would later do this to Obama...over rate him in order to get a black man elected. This time it would hurt the entire country and not just one team's fan base.
Wow, if a black guy employed by Rush thinks that something Rush said wasn't offensive, then it surely wasn't! Any black person can speak for all black people, just like any white person can speak for all white people! Sense!
All I said was that he is 'officially black enough' to speak for black people. Because of the slave blood thing and such.Hey..it's your side's standard thing..only blacks can speak for blacks. only liberals can speak for women etc...
Well at least you ignored the entire substance of what he said.
Don't need to hear what he thinks about a subject I watched unfold before my ears.I've listened to Rush for years. He doesn't have a racist bone in his body. But since you people who never listen to him read what someone else said Rush said..you know better than me.It's cool, you're allowed to be completely wrong about someone who is on 15 hours a week 50 weeks a year for 20 years, because you can't be bothered to find out yourself what he says.
Now did Rush say he wanted 150 policemen injured? Or are you extrapolating that in order to paint what he said in the worst possible light? When you have to sensationalize it this much, it shows how weak you are.
You're joking. I'm sensationalizing?? He explicitly wished for a repeat of a specific event, which was by any and all accounts and measurements a terrible and violent event, and which by its very nature involves danger and/or injury to police officers. But somehow...I'm the bad guy?
Don't need to hear what he thinks about a subject I watched unfold before my ears.
Oh, interesting. You didn't read it. That's a good way to add valuable insight to a discussion or debate - completely ignore what the other person said and respond anyway.The way you rally behind your disgusting hero is almost funny, and almost sad, and ends up somewhere in between.
You're joking. I'm sensationalizing?? He explicitly wished for a repeat of a specific event, which was by any and all accounts and measurements a terrible and violent event, and which by its very nature involves danger and/or injury to police officers. But somehow...I'm the bad guy?
You quoted Rush, he talked about the democrat convention of 68 where the democrats turned violent as is their normal state in their hate filled mania they hunger for.He never once said cops would be hurt. Nor did he say trashcans would be overturned, he said democrats would storm their own convention like they did in 68 and it would be beautiful.Because he had orchestrated Operation Chaos, a plan to keep Hillary in the race and eat up Obama's war chest ( the $600,000,000,000 he spent on his election )( to help the poor )Since you are trying to connect his statement to mean he wants cops hurt, you are sowing that you are the one sensationalizing here, and that is the sign of a desperate person, not one who has facts behind him.
Oh, interesting. You didn't read it. That's a good way to add valuable insight to a discussion or debate - completely ignore what the other person said and respond anyway.
I probably would not need to read someone's book on what happened at the balloon drop at the republican convention in St Paul since I was there. I was listening to Rush for years before and after the MNF firings. AND I heard the other commentators in the room talk about it, and I've seen McNabb's performance since. Rush was right. He was over rated.Even you will admit that McNabb was over rated....forget the Rush side completely..McNabb was overrated as the newest bestest quarterback.
The way you rally behind your disgusting hero is almost funny, and almost sad, and ends up somewhere in between.
Actually I would defend you just as much if someone said something wrong about what you said. Because I like you and although I disagree with you, you seem to be a good guy and you are much better at defending your position than most liberals.Rush is not just good, he is great at his job. Sure he's said some dumb things. But he's been talking 15 hours a week for 50 weeks for 20+ years. I hardly think he should be expected to have never said anything less than perfect.I know Rush well enough to know how un-racist he is. His two main guys since the beginning are black guys. Not because he wanted to impress anyone, because he had no idea if he would be successful, but because he thought they were best. And they have stayed with him for 20+ years. And Bo Snerdley jokes about being black enough because he knows who Rush is and he wants to tweak people who think he's racist. You don't get that kind of loyalty by being a closet racist.So when someone writes a book telling me that Rush is a closet racist, I already know the guy is clueless.Completely and utterly clueless.
You quoted Rush, he talked about the democrat convention of 68 where the democrats turned violent as is their normal state in their hate filled mania they hunger for.He never once said cops would be hurt. Nor did he say trashcans would be overturned, he said democrats would storm their own convention like they did in 68 and it would be beautiful.
Do you read anything? No, he said nothing about trashcans. Just burning cars and, "literal riots."The dream end of this is that this keeps up to the convention and we have a replay of Chicago 1968 with burning cars, protests, fires, literal riots, and all of that. That's that's the objective here.He explicitly says what aspects of the '68 convention he loved so much (burning cars, fires) and says explicitly that his objective is to repeat that event.
where the democrats turned violent as is their normal state in their hate filled mania they hunger for.
i giggled
I know Rush well enough to know how un-racist he is. His two main guys since the beginning are black guys. Not because he wanted to impress anyone, because he had no idea if he would be successful, but because...
that's what the help are supposed to be?
Do you read anything? No, he said nothing about trashcans. Just burning cars and, "literal riots."The dream end of this is that this keeps up to the convention and we have a replay of Chicago 1968 with burning cars, protests, fires, literal riots, and all of that. That's that's the objective here.He explicitly says what aspects of the '68 convention he loved so much (burning cars, fires) and says explicitly that his objective is to repeat that event.
Knowing that at their core, democrats are animals incapable of actual thought or expression and will turn to violence if not given their way isn't the same thing as wanting cops to be hurt.If the democrats show their true nature, then their true nature is too blame, not Rush's ability to manipulate them because they are sheep.
i giggled
You were probably stoned.
that's what the help are supposed to be?
Currently I would bet they are both multi-millionaires a few times over...so let's have a sign in sheet for any minority that wants to be discriminated like this. We might need to chop down a few old growth forests though....for all the paper you know.
Rush's ability to manipulate them because they are sheep.
Yes, we all remember the riots and violence at the 2008 convention, just like Chicago in 1968! Oh wait no we don't. When discussing "Rush" and "sheep," it's pretty hilarious to not be talking about his listeners.
Yes, we all remember the riots and violence at the 2008 convention, just like Chicago in 1968! Oh wait no we don't. When discussing "Rush" and "sheep," it's pretty hilarious to not be talking about his listeners.
Okay, all political parties that have had their own people riot resulting in 150 police officers to get hurt raise your hands....Okay..Green Party nothing? No? How about you Foreign Suppliers of Medical Waste Lobby? Anyone? Anyone, Well not you Democrat..we all know how you people are...Anyone else? Anyone? No? Just democrats?Okay then.Now you were saying Timmy?

The Mayor of Chicago is widely considered to have been at fault for causing the Chicago riots at the convention. The protesters requested a permit for a peaceful protest and were flatly denied, in the most roundabout way. When protesters did show up, they were met by twice as many police and National Guardsmen. As in, 10,000 protesters looking to march peacefully, and 20,000 officers yelling at them and attacking them with clubs instead. Also, your response has almost nothing to do with what I had just said and you quoted. Pretty much a non sequitur.

The Mayor of Chicago is widely considered to have been at fault for causing the Chicago riots at the convention. The protesters requested a permit for a peaceful protest and were flatly denied, in the most roundabout way. When protesters did show up, they were met by twice as many police and National Guardsmen. As in, 10,000 protesters looking to march peacefully, and 20,000 officers yelling at them and attacking them with clubs instead. Also, your response has almost nothing to do with what I had just said and you quoted. Pretty much a non sequitur.
So the actions of the democrat mayor were to blame for the actions of the democrat rioters who harmed cops?I don't see how you see any of this comparable to Rush's actions.One of them was having fun making a joke about the character of the people he was mocking.The other are democrats who hurt cops when they throw a tantrum.Rush has been on the air for 20 years and this is one of your good examples of how Rush is bad?
So the actions of the democrat mayor were to blame for the actions of the democrat rioters who harmed cops?I don't see how you see any of this comparable to Rush's actions.One of them was having fun making a joke about the character of the people he was mocking.The other are democrats who hurt cops when they throw a tantrum.Rush has been on the air for 20 years and this is one of your good examples of how Rush is bad?
You dont get it?The intentions of libs are all that really matter. The outcome is immaterial, as long as the intentions are good.
So the actions of the democrat mayor were to blame for the actions of the democrat rioters who harmed cops?
No, the actions of the mayor were to blame for the actions of the cops who harmed peaceful protesters. There were bad people on both sides, but the mayor could have easily averted the entire thing, he just didn't feel like it. And yes, I think Rush wishing for a repeat of what was definitively a violent and terrible event is pretty bad. I'm sure all of the cruel and racist things he says are only jokes though. Definitely. More evidence for that in the passage earlier that you refused to read.
No, the actions of the mayor were to blame for the actions of the cops who harmed peaceful protesters. There were bad people on both sides, but the mayor could have easily averted the entire thing, he just didn't feel like it. And yes, I think Rush wishing for a repeat of what was definitively a violent and terrible event is pretty bad. I'm sure all of the cruel and racist things he says are only jokes though. Definitely. More evidence for that in the passage earlier that you refused to read.
Again, trying to argue that Rush mocking democrats for being violent and also incapable of running a city isn't a damning statement on Rush hatred of cops. His support of the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation for years shows how he feels about cops.Not your stretching of his meaning to try to make believe he wants cops hurt.By your average typical violent democrat being attacked by democrat mayors who use violence to deal with dissent.

Actually, the cops being hurt thing was just the icing on the cake of Rush's quote. The fact is that he wished for an explicitly violent and destructive riot (he used the terms "burning cars," and "literal riots"). I actually wasn't saying that he was wishing injury on cops, simply that he was idiotically wishing for an event that by its nature involves injured police. He just didn't stop to think about that, or about the other innocent people who were hurt in Chicago in '68. Basically, he explicitly wished for a riot, and hoped that things he was doing or telling other people to do would help bring on said riot. That's a cruel, idiotic, thoughtless thing to say. You could have just used your excuse that he talks a million hours a week so of course he's gonna say something stupid by mistake. That's a semi-valid excuse. But instead you decided to try to defend it to the nth degree, which kind of shows that you're unwilling to admit that he could ever be wrongheaded about anything ever. The infallible Rush Limbaugh.

Actually, the cops being hurt thing was just the icing on the cake of Rush's quote. The fact is that he wished for an explicitly violent and destructive riot (he used the terms "burning cars," and "literal riots"). I actually wasn't saying that he was wishing injury on cops, simply that he was idiotically wishing for an event that by its nature involves injured police. He just didn't stop to think about that, or about the other innocent people who were hurt in Chicago in '68. Basically, he explicitly wished for a riot, and hoped that things he was doing or telling other people to do would help bring on said riot. That's a cruel, idiotic, thoughtless thing to say. You could have just used your excuse that he talks a million hours a week so of course he's gonna say something stupid by mistake. That's a semi-valid excuse. But instead you decided to try to defend it to the nth degree, which kind of shows that you're unwilling to admit that he could ever be wrongheaded about anything ever. The infallible Rush Limbaugh.
Making this your foundational proof that Rush is bad is really weak.I think you are trying so hard to hate him that you are failing to see that a radio hosts saying he hopes the democrat parties repeats its violent pasts isn't on par with the democrat party that voted to keep Jim Crow Laws legal.The likelihood that the dems would riot at their convention over Hillary Clinton getting the nomination was about as likely to happen as you understanding why Rush saying this isn't the 'incitement to violence' that you seem to think it is.Besides, most cops in Chicago are crooked anyway, who cares if they get hurt?

I think that my hatred of Rush is quite rational. The way Democrats and Republicans are in total opposition to each other over everything and totally hate each other is ridiculous, and it does nobody any good. Well, except for blowhards like Limbaugh and his similar right-wing and left-wing media wackjobs. Really, there are more than 2 kinds of people.

I think that my hatred of Rush is quite rational. The way Democrats and Republicans are in total opposition to each other over everything and totally hate each other is ridiculous, and it does nobody any good. Well, except for blowhards like Limbaugh and his similar right-wing and left-wing media wackjobs. Really, there are more than 2 kinds of people.
There are no left-wing media types even remotely close to Rush.Anyone in the media knows Rush is the smartest radio personality ever. And they all received the benefits of being on his coatails.Just like PGA golfers and Tiger