Absinthe In Europe

Im making a eurotrip next week (belgium switzerland france england netherlands) and im looking for absinthe (to bring back)...where to get it...how much it is...what to look for etc....anybody make that trip? thanks

I'm sure you know but don't care, but just in case: It's illegal to bring real absinthe into the US. I'm OK with you doing illegal things though, so bring me back a bottle?

Does that apply to Canada too?Because whenever I see a Hockey av, that's what I assume. Hockey and sodomy; these two things, I think Canada.
I should pay attention better.Still, I'm not far from Canada. Smuggle me in some absinthe.

I got trashed drinking this stuff a while back (the bottle was like $150?). The buzz was super weird, very warm and mellow and ridiculously strong. Nothing like a regular drunk buzz imo. You'll see. And you better like black licorice too because it's like drinking a glass of melted Good n Plenty's.We ran out of sugar cubes half way through the bottle so we started mixing it with ice cold mountain Dew instead. Super fun night....and I was sick for almost a week afterward.All hail the Green Fairy....

We ran out of sugar cubes half way through the bottle so we started mixing it with ice cold mountain Dew instead. Super fun night.
Did the Mt. Dew help?
Did the Mt. Dew help?
At that point we would have drank it with gasoline.The sugar overload was near diabetic coma inducing levels and is no doubt part of why I was so sick later on.

I kind of like the high of real absinthe. It's somewhere between being normally drunk and as super mild acid trip.

And you better like black licorice too because it's like drinking a glass of melted Good n Plenty's.
This was my problem the one and only time I tried absinthe...I hate licorice so couldn't get past the first sip of it, didn't bother trying to dillute it any further than we had doing it "the right way" with sugar cubes and water. It would probably be passable with Mt. Dew, but then, what wouldn't?

it hits people differently. it was a straight upper for me and gave me multiple panic attacks. my friend passed out for about 16 hours.its a big time no no in the US but i have no clue about canada. have fun.

Absinthe has been legal in the US since 2007. It is subject to the same regulation (10mg/kg thujone) as in Europe.

Absinthe has been legal in the US since 2007. It is subject to the same regulation (10mg/kg thujone) as in Europe.
I believe it's legal here without the hallucinogenic properties. So in the US, it's just a shitty alcoholic drink.
I believe it's legal here without the hallucinogenic properties. So in the US, it's just a shitty alcoholic drink.
True story. Also, shitty works without the cheat.