• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was literally no room to give 'protesters' a place, other than the march that they kicked me out of for wearing a Republican shirt. ( YEAAA Free speech )
Did that seriously happen?That raises an interesting issue.To what degree can we 'segregate' free speech?NSPA v Skokie, SCOTUS implied that states could restrain free speech via procedure.
Did that seriously happen?That raises an interesting issue.To what degree can we 'segregate' free speech?NSPA v Skokie, SCOTUS implied that states could restrain free speech via procedure.
I wrote about it before.basically I did the balloon drop at the Republican Convention, our hotel was next to the capitol grounds, where the permitted 'anti-war' rally was gathering. Pretty much a mish mash of every liberal group from gay rights to anti-global warming to vegan groups were milling about, showing their stuff. Me and a buddy walked around wearing shirts with the republican convention logo on the front, and a long sentence saying we did the balloons you saw at the convention with the date etc.The leader of the march started following me around with a megaphone shouting that I wasn't allowed to be there. I was yelling "Come see the oppression inherent in the system"Most people supported her. I tried to get the gay group behind me in support of me by telling them I was from Palm Springs. They kept booing me.