Union Worker Protests In Wi

There are responses to these things scattered all over the thread and it's pretty apparent where I stand on them. And I'm still not responding to Henry's posts, even indirectly.
Facts are scary. It's best if you stay away.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/03/10/a-firs...d-c/#more-54510A First Step in Congress for School Choice in D.C
This is to restore the program that Barack "whatever educational system works" Obama shut down as one of his first acts as president. Guess who that was payback to.Yeah, I just can't imagine why people are sick of the teacher's unions iron grip on education.
This is to restore the program that Barack "whatever educational system works" Obama shut down as one of his first acts as president. Guess who that was payback to.Yeah, I just can't imagine why people are sick of the teacher's unions iron grip on education.
But without them the children's learning will be diminished. We can chart this through test scores.
Just a month after being told that Sarah Palin was partly responsible for the AZ shooting:Ah the sweet smell of hypocrisy from democrats who support Obama....
Not to be outdone...
Ben Brancel is the secretary of the state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. He spoke in Madison on Wednesday to the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation.He told attendees that the new lawmakers came to town with a lot of ideas, "and then they got stuck in the middle of a holocaust." He was referring to demonstrators who have swarmed the Capitol to protest an anti-union bill.After his speech, Brancel said his use of the word "holocaust" was "a bad word." He said he should have said "total confusion in the Capitol."Brancel was appointed by Gov. Scott Walker. He began his term in January.
http://www.channel3000.com/politics/27145279/detail.html

Awesomeness won thru collective bargainingThe Madison Emeritus Program. In addition to their pension payouts, retired Madison public school teachers receive annual payments of at least $9,884.18 per year for enrolling in the Emeritus Program, which requires ZERO days of work.When this program began, 20 days of work per year were required. Through collective bargaining, the union successfully negotiated this down to zero days.http://www.madisonteachers.org/Forms-Intra...ers%2009-10.pdf

The Madison Emeritus Program. In addition to their pension payouts, retired Madison public school teachers receive annual payments of at least $9,884.18 per year for enrolling in the Emeritus Program, which requires ZERO days of work.
Annual payments per year???That's all I got.

An excellent article. http://reason.com/archives/2011/03/11/3-es...-about-the-cu/13 essential facts1 We are broke! 2 Public sector workers are doing well, much better than their private counterparts. 3 We can't tax our way out of this problem. Please Read!

An excellent article. http://reason.com/archives/2011/03/11/3-es...-about-the-cu/13 essential facts1 We are broke! 2 Public sector workers are doing well, much better than their private counterparts. 3 We can't tax our way out of this problem. Please Read!
1. No we're not.2. Overall, yes. Broken down by degrees, no.3. Correct, but ending tax cuts would help.
1. No we're not.2. Overall, yes. Broken down by degrees, no.3. Correct, but ending tax cuts would help.
Are you trying to incite me? I feel like you are trying to incite me.
RAISE TAXES ON EVERYONE!
Did you happen to read that article I linked to? I think I named it "food for thought."Anyway, the research suggested that an increase in corporate taxes led to a similar decrease in employee wages, while a decrease in corporate taxes led to a similar increase in employee wages.Any thoughts on that?
Did you happen to read that article I linked to? I think I named it "food for thought."Anyway, the research suggested that an increase in corporate taxes led to a similar decrease in employee wages, while a decrease in corporate taxes led to a similar increase in employee wages.Any thoughts on that?
Probably that I was joking.
I knew you were joking in your last post. I just meant in general because you seem to care about the workers and also think corporations aren't paying enough taxes.
Oh. In that case, I missed your link. Will check it out.
Are you trying to incite me? I feel like you are trying to incite me.
He's just repeating what he heard Michael Moore say on Rachel Maddow. It's not his fault, Michael Moore is an excellent orator, who just happens to not even have an elementary school understanding of economics.
Anyway, the research suggested that an increase in corporate taxes led to a similar decrease in employee wages, while a decrease in corporate taxes led to a similar increase in employee wages.Any thoughts on that?
Here's a thought: duh.Note: the purpose of taxes isn't to increase employee wages.
I think you're missing the larger idea.
Possibly, I clicked on the thread and responded to the first post I saw, ignoring any potential context. :club:
He's just repeating what he heard Michael Moore say on Rachel Maddow. It's not his fault, Michael Moore is an excellent orator, who just happens to not even have an elementary school understanding of economics.
Nobody should listen to Michael Moore....and I'm getting close to this opinion of Maddow. I can't stop watching though...she's lesbo-cute.
Interesting article on the rural - urban divide in Wisconsin and how it's part of what is driving the Republicans to do what they're doing.http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-11/w...-shrinking.html
Yup, it's pretty drastic once you get north of Milwaukee or the Wisconsin Dells. I grew up in southern WI and went to school in northern WI, and I definitely prefer soWI.And FWIW, outside of Green Bay, Wausau, and Eau Claire, northern WI is very white, and very racist. Though I can't speak for the Superior area, as I've never had any reason to go there.
Yup, it's pretty drastic once you get north of Milwaukee or the Wisconsin Dells. I grew up in southern WI and went to school in northern WI, and I definitely prefer soWI.And FWIW, outside of Green Bay, Wausau, and Eau Claire, northern WI is very white, and very racist. Though I can't speak for the Superior area, as I've never had any reason to go there.
Why? Because when you get white people all together they become racist???That's PROFILING and its wrong!
And FWIW, outside of Green Bay, Wausau, and Eau Claire, northern WI is very white, and very racist.
Bullshit. I grew up in Northern Wisconsin, and it is less racist than many places I lived.But hey, the Random Racism Charge worked so well in 2010, the Democrats are sticking with it until 2012. I'm sure it will work just as well this time.