It's going to be a steaming pile.
I guess if Matt Damon is agreeing to be in a sequel the script has to be decent, but I really can't see where they are going to go with it. So steaming pile imo.

I was just wandering.In the new card player magazine they say that Weinstien company will be working this.plus a few other follow up movies.Bad SantaThird clerksShakespeare in love

Same writers, Damon and Norton both "committed" in principle...the sequel has those things going for it. Only reason I'm not tattooing "FAIL" on the movie's forehead yet.

It'll probably be just ok, like most movies, but at least with those actors it has potential. I'm not ready to write it off just because iit's an unnecesary sequel.
This is pretty much how I feel. I recognize that the first movie wasn't great or anything but it was entertaining to me becuase it's about something I'm interested in and had a bunch of good actors in it and wasn't horrible.

What I'd be worried about is that the writers won't realize poker is no longer underground and/or cool. I'm afraid it'll be like that awful ESPN show that seemed to only exist in order to use as much overplayed poker terminology as possible.

What I'd be worried about is that the writers won't realize poker is no longer underground and/or cool. I'm afraid it'll be like that awful ESPN show that seemed to only exist in order to use as much overplayed poker terminology as possible.
The Rounders writers also wrote Tilt the ESPN show you're talking about as well as such other classics as Knockaround Guys, the Walking Tall sequal and Ocean's 13.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002718/http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0505522/