Pray For Obama: Psalm 109:8.

Jeez, SA, when are you going to get this down. He agrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by modern science, but disagrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by the second half of the book.
when you put it like that i guess it's clear that i'm the idiot. no more arguments on that account.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes its a little complex. To clear things up I've thrown together this flow chart. flowchart.jpg
While this is a wonderful flow chart... which I love btw... it's not technically correct. Because what you are claiming is "absurd", could almost universally be substituted for "God did it". Like Jonah or whatever.Also, like SJ, I'd love to have the program you used to do this. Powerpoint?
Anyone see these bumper stickers?PSALM 109:8: "Let his days be few; and let another take his office." Here's the rest.PSALM 109:9-12: "Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children."
tHIS looks more like a bumper sticker held over from the Bush days.And if it was, Im sure this wouldnt be a thread topic,more prolly someones signature from this forum.
Because what you are claiming is "absurd", could almost universally be substituted for "God did it". Like Jonah or whatever.
See, this is amusing but not a joke, I guess.
Also, like SJ, I'd love to have the program you used to do this. Powerpoint?
yeah, me too!
PowerPoint.
This cannot bode well....And why is it that you atheist are so humorless?The Anti-Defamation League came out stating this 'bumper sticker' wasn't hate speech, and they are so far left they think Olberman was a journalist.And Brv doesn't ever take stands on this stuff, but you guys get your little panties in a bunch like little girls.We should have a chick alert for when you guys get your sensitive feelings hurt because the whole world doesn't see things exactly like you do.And someone taking the Bible verse out of context to make some point that is contrary to what the Bible says is exactly what you guys do on a daily basis, how ironic that you find it so terrible when someone does it in a manner you disapprove of.Quick, get the kleenex...I heard some people don't think Obama is doing a very good job...Bumper%20Sticker%20-%20So%20Far%20The%20Change%20Sucks.JPG
in what way? I don't remember evangelicals going after Bush much.
Evangelicals arent the only ones who throw bible verses around to make a point.In fact, atheists seem to be more knowledgeable about bible verse than many christians.So what better way to scorn Bush than throw his beliefs back at him.
Evangelicals arent the only ones who throw bible verses around to make a point.In fact, atheists seem to be more knowledgeable about bible verse than many christians.So what better way to scorn Bush than throw his beliefs back at him.
If you take the worst example of a Christian, and put him up against some weirdo atheist who studies the Bible to find anything he can to 'prove' why he already doesn't believe in the Bible, and gave them a test, you might be right.But so far every atheist on this board has shown a complete inability to even understand the basics of the Bible.
If you take the worst example of a Christian, and put him up against some weirdo atheist who studies the Bible to find anything he can to 'prove' why he already doesn't believe in the Bible, and gave them a test, you might be right.But so far every atheist on this board has shown a complete inability to even understand the basics of the Bible.
oh they understand it----they just don't believe it that's all.phlegm, I've never seen anything like that though theoretically it could work.
We had a whole thread that discussed the polling data where the atheists knew more about christianity, current events, religion in general, etc. The more fundamentalist they were, the less they knew.
same correlations for likelihood of divorce and unwanted pregnancy too. irony!
But so far every atheist on this board has shown a complete inability to even understand the basics of the Bible.
bullshit.
Whooahhhh!! That isn't my worst example of a Christian! Just saying.
bullshit.
Exhibit A: (although I have a feeling this post was mainly tongue in cheek)
Jeez, SA, when are you going to get this down. He agrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by modern science, but disagrees with everything in the first half of the book that is contradicted by the second half of the book.
Exhibit B:
so is that the joke? that becuase only the second half applies to today's christian, that the teachings and sayings of hte first half apply to the jews who still follow that half becuase they never accept the teaching of jesus? so when you said they were all jews, you were pointing this fact out in what you considered a humourous way? is that what happened here? becuase honestly my head hurts trying to understand this. maybe it's the lack of the lord in my life. is he giving me a headache here as some sort of sign? does he want me to take this pain and see it as a sign that my life is meaningless without him? beucase i'll do it. i really hate headaches, if this is what it takes i'll do it.
We had a whole thread that discussed the polling data where the atheists knew more about christianity, current events, religion in general, etc. The more fundamentalist they were, the less they knew.
If I remember right those questions included knowing the names of specific prophets etc.That isn't knowing the Bible, that is knowing Biblical trivia It may allow an atheist to win Jeopardy, but all that money isn't going to buy him a nicer seat in hell.The best example would be the complete and utterly maddening understanding of Eve eating the forbidden fruit. We spent a few pages having the atheist explain why this action and the subsequent the fall of mankind, introduction of sin, and expulsion from Paradise was good for man. From a Biblical perspective, they didn't get it.From a literary perspective, they didn't get it.From a third grade perspective, they didn't get it.But they still think they got it.We could continue with the prophecy of Daniel, and their insistence that the word sevens must be translated to week, thereby making the prophecy of Daniel become: 'Israel will only exist for about 16 months'. They must hold the blinders tightly to their head in order to make their 'understanding' work.When I say the atheist on this board don't understand the Bible, I mean the atheist on this board as a rule have shown a complete inability to follow the simplest of ideas. It makes me understand why atheist are always evolutionist, not thinking to closely about what you are saying is a requirement for both.