• 5 months later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

6 of my guys taken...

#25 asdjkl; Drake Caggiula EDM

I took Caggiula at #30 with a pick I got from Dan.

#26 Tulane Flyers Francis Perron OTT

I took Perron at #57

#45 Newmarket Hurricanes Dmytro Timashov TOR

I took Timashov at #40

#46 Lethbridge Golden Seals Kevin Labanc SJS

I got Labanc at #45.

#50 Broadway Nikita Zaitsev TOR

I took Zaitsev at #32 just before John would've grabbed him at #33.

#69 The Ales Danton Heinen BOS

I took Heinen last year at #76. He's looking like a steal in both leagues.

I also had Heinen on my list last year but ended up not taking him

Oh yeah Dale. The "Current" column shows the owner at the time the pick was made. "Original" is as if everyone owned their own pick.

The FCHL free agent auction goes tomorrow evening.

Lots of talent available. $473.25 to spend.

Kane, Karlsson, Seguin, Stamkos, Malkin, Kopitar, Bergeron, Spezza, Jagr... and tons more.

The FCHL free agent auction goes tomorrow evening.

Lots of talent available. $473.25 to spend.

Kane, Karlsson, Seguin, Stamkos, Malkin, Kopitar, Bergeron, Spezza, Jagr... and tons more.

Impossible. How can we have so much talent available at auction, while still maintaining manageable rookie salaries?

Impossible. How can we have so much talent available at auction, while still maintaining manageable rookie salaries?

If I'm not mistaken it's because you limit the length of time that players can be controlled once on the active roster to 5 years ? That move when you set up your rules made it so that the pool could sustain without major changes. If you have low rookie contracts and you can sign players for unlimited years then it's a different story.

If I'm not mistaken it's because you limit the length of time that players can be controlled once on the active roster to 5 years ? That move when you set up your rules made it so that the pool could sustain without major changes. If you have low rookie contracts and you can sign players for unlimited years then it's a different story.

Exactly. You can have a player on your roster for 6 years that is very cost controlled even for the biggest rookie superstars. After 6 years he goes on the open market and gets paid his true value. (just like in the NHL)

I do like the franchise player idea though and I'd love to see it introduced in the F. I feel you should be able to have one player that you can keep for 10-12 years at a manageable amount...although not on a AHL contract like Subban. I think franchise contracts should only be allowed if the player falls into Tier 1, or maayybe Tier 2.

Exactly. You can have a player on your roster for 6 years that is very cost controlled even for the biggest rookie superstars. After 6 years he goes on the open market and gets paid his true value. (just like in the NHL)

I do like the franchise player idea though and I'd love to see it introduced in the F. I feel you should be able to have one player that you can keep for 10-12 years at a manageable amount...although not on a AHL contract like Subban. I think franchise contracts should only be allowed if the player falls into Tier 1, or maayybe Tier 2.

that one difference between the AHL and FCHL when you set up the rules was the best thing you did. It meant things could be sustained without major changes since players are always cycling through to the free agent auction by force.

The one thing it does tho is it basically ensures that the biggest stars are all one year rentals. Hard to win a guy like Ovechkin in the auction and then be able to sign him with an increase the following year. That may be a downside, depending on how you look at it.

Crosby went for $24ish that year that he has a million injuries and was able to be signed for 5 years (at an insane price still) without a raise since our tiers are based on NHL production, not per game pool points.

The one thing it does tho is it basically ensures that the biggest stars are all one year rentals. Hard to win a guy like Ovechkin in the auction and then be able to sign him with an increase the following year. That may be a downside, depending on how you look at it.

Crosby went for $24ish that year that he has a million injuries and was able to be signed for 5 years (at an insane price still) without a raise since our tiers are based on NHL production, not per game pool points.

That's one loophole in the FCHL system. If a up and coming superstar is injured the year before you can sign him, he can be signed for little or no raise for 5 years..

The ability to sign McDavid to a ridiculous contract is serious flaw. McDavid's situation is very rare though

Maybe there can be a minimum games played rule in order to sign TOP picks (41 games?). If your player is under the games played, he can only be signed for 1 year at his farm price.

In other words, Josh would have been able to sign McDavid for only one year at $2 in 16/17. He would then need to give him a raise based on his 16/17 production with the ability to sign him for up to 4 years

Maybe there can be a minimum games played rule in order to sign TOP picks (41 games?). If your player is under the games played, he can only be signed for 1 year at his farm price.

In other words, Josh would have been able to sign McDavid for only one year at $2 in 16/17. He would then need to give him a raise based on his 16/17 production with the ability to sign him for up to 4 years

I don't think it's a problem.

He missed out on a full year of McDavid because of his injury. Maybe it's not an exactly equal trade off, but the most McDavid could have been in the 5th year of his contract would be $6 anyways. $4 difference isn't that huge in the grand scheme of things, I don't think.

I love how little tinkering we have had to do with the FCHL rules. Its been 11 years, and there have hardly been any major changes, and its pretty rare that we get into situations of "man, this is really not working this way, we need to change it!".

Is it really just the max of 1 contract? I really dont know if thats all it is, but whatever it is, there has been very little need to change much, and thats through expansion too.

I love how little tinkering we have had to do with the FCHL rules. Its been 11 years, and there have hardly been any major changes, and its pretty rare that we get into situations of "man, this is really not working this way, we need to change it!".

Is it really just the max of 1 contract? I really dont know if thats all it is, but whatever it is, there has been very little need to change much, and thats through expansion too.

Yeah, we either really got lucky, or you guys who did the work to set it up were geniuses.

I dont think its a wise idea to consider anything that happens with McDavid an issue with our pool. He is such an anomaly that it really will be f'ed up no matter what your rules.

Completely agree.

I almost feel sorry for Bob, since he gets the Zach+Arp who complain about the AHL rules, but doesnt see the Zach+Arp who just play the FCHL with like next to no rule issues, and only the occasional discussion about possible changes that is usually cordial and quick. Sorry Bob! :)

I lucked out on contracts/tiers this year. The McDavid injury and ability to sign him long term with no raise is the obvious one, but I also saved some money on a couple young guys who barely missed a tier. Probably doesn't add up to that much cap saved long term, but every little bit helps.

I almost feel sorry for Bob, since he gets the Zach+Arp who complain about the AHL rules, but doesnt see the Zach+Arp who just play the FCHL with like next to no rule issues, and only the occasional discussion about possible changes that is usually cordial and quick. Sorry Bob! :)

Lol, I concur.

We do make minor tweaks every now and again. We have our version of the Toews Rule, we had to tweak our waivers system, we added a lottery, we tweaked min and max salary, etc.

I still think we should revamp the waivers system.

I was also struck by the types of players still on FCHL farms (ie NHL veterans), but I think that's a trade off with the one and done contracts, and is also helped out by the fact that we only have 15 teams. Also an important point that I made in the AHL thread about this issue, being an NHL-regular doesn't make you a valuable FCHL-regular alone... which is why I love that we did our version of the Toews rule on merit, instead of just games played.

Again, I think it's simply that we have a smaller base of teams, thus more players available. Which brings me to further expansion. I wouldn't go over 16 teams. I think 20 is too high given the depth of our rosters. I think we need to add a 16th team at some point, hopefully after the NHL adds a 32nd team.

Goalies are something we still need to sort out for when Vegas enters the league next year, too.

I don't mind tweaking as long as it's working toward something better. It's not as if the rules aren't the same for everyone and I like to have multiple options with my team so any changes never hurt too much.

• 4 months later...

(1) Toronto Rocket vs. (8) Injured Reserve

Toronto Rocket lead series 1-0

Game 1: Toronto Rocket 4.5 vs. Injured Reserve 2.5

(2) asdfjkl; vs. (7) KC Reserves

asdfjkl; lead series 1-0

Game 1: asdfjkl; 5.5 vs. KC Reserves 0.5

(3) Iowa Crop Dusters vs. (6) Broadway

Iowa Crop Dusters lead series 1-0

Game 1: Iowa Crop Dusters; 5.0 vs. Broadway 1.5

(4) Newmarket Hurricanes vs. (5) Whalers

Whalers lead series 1-0