The Official Newmarket Hurricanes Thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Words getting around. Had this convo this morning.  

The Hurricanes Are Back!! The staff has been working the phones hard over the last few days and have been able to swing 2 major deals.   1st deal   Hurricanes get:   Brent Burns, D $5/$5/$5 D

2nd deal   Hurricanes get:   Max Pacioretty, $2.00/$2.25/$2.50 John Carlson, $0.75/$0.75/$0.75 salaries covered this year $3.00 in 2016/17   Blindsides get: 2016 1st round pick Timo Meier (

Posted Images

hahaI love me some ruffles but subway only carries the cheddar flavor. YECH! If they carried plain ruffles that infamous day NEVER would have happened.
a) I saw those Doritos late night cheeseburger? flavour yesterday at Subway. I was with someone from Italy, who looked at it and I think gave the "You people are crazy" smirk. Or it might have just been exactly what I was thinking. How North American is that bag of crap.b) that might have been the first time in years I was at Subway, saw the small bags of chips, and I didnt think of Steve. Thankfully due to this thread, my great memories of Steve will once again be prominent in my mind on future visits. Thanks J!!!!! This thread delivers.
a) I saw those Doritos late night cheeseburger? flavour yesterday at Subway. I was with someone from Italy, who looked at it and I think gave the "You people are crazy" smirk. Or it might have just been exactly what I was thinking. How North American is that bag of crap.b) that might have been the first time in years I was at Subway, saw the small bags of chips, and I didnt think of Steve. Thankfully due to this thread, my great memories of Steve will once again be prominent in my mind on future visits. Thanks J!!!!! This thread delivers.
Man, they have HAM flavoured chips in Spain. Grossest things ever.

Game 1 of the 2010-11 FCHL season gets underway today. The Hurricanes are all set to welcome the Lethbridge Golden Seals into the league. Both teams are icing solid lineups, so the fans should be in store for a good game.

Newmarket Hurricanes

Alexander Ovechkin - OT

Nicklas Backstrom

Martin St. Louis

Dany Heatley

Nik Antropov

David Krejci

Duncan Keith

Keith Yandle

Pavel Kubina

Stephane Robidas

Boston Goalies

Lethbridge Golden Seals

Steven Stamkos - OT

Wojtek Wolski

Ryan Getzla

Zach Parise

Johan Franzen

Patrick Sharp

Mike Green

Zbynek Michalek

Kris Letang

Carl Gunnarsson

Los Angeles Goalies

A very entertaining first game of the season against the Lethbridge Golden Seals. We finished with a 2.5 - 2.5 tie. Both of our OT players (Ovechkin/Stamkos) scored 2.5 points. I'll take 1 point against a strong club like the LGS, but it sure feels like we left one out there. All we needed was one more goal against Los Angeles and we would have won, but Jon Quick went mental. Also, 7 goals for Washington and how does Backstrom get nothing?Good game Dube.

Oh, I guess he could still change it. Never mind!
What site did you find this info on? I was just on my phone all day (thanksgiving festivities) and checking yahoo and CBS and saw nothing about him being out :club: all my plausible bench subs got points too.

Medium trade for the Hurricanes today:Newmarket receives:Vancouver Goalies - $1.50Arturs Kulda - ATL - $0.25Kansas City Reserves receive:Dallas Goalies - $0.25Danny Cleary - DET - $1I posted that I would include a 4th rounder to upgrade my Dallas goalies, and to be honest I was expecting, at best, a cheap set like Florida, Colorado, Phoenix, etc. Then Jeff came along and offered Vancouver, which threw me for a loop, but I wanted them and had to get creative. I was too far against the salary cap to do a straight swap, so I needed to include Danny Cleary. To stay under the roster cap, Jeff needed to send me Arturs Kulda, who I immediately dropped to stay at $85.00.

Medium trade for the Hurricanes today:Newmarket receives:Vancouver Goalies - $1.50Arturs Kulda - ATL - $0.25Kansas City Reserves receive:Dallas Goalies - $0.25Danny Cleary - DET - $1I posted that I would include a 4th rounder to upgrade my Dallas goalies, and to be honest I was expecting, at best, a cheap set like Florida, Colorado, Phoenix, etc. Then Jeff came along and offered Vancouver, which threw me for a loop, but I wanted them and had to get creative. I was too far against the salary cap to do a straight swap, so I needed to include Danny Cleary. To stay under the roster cap, Jeff needed to send me Arturs Kulda, who I immediately dropped to stay at $85.00.
I don't get Jeff's motivation for this... 2 years of Cleary?
I don't get Jeff's motivation for this... 2 years of Cleary?
I never wanted vancouver. dallas fits my team infinitely better. to be honest, I don't even want cleary either...
Rotoworld info was available in the afternoon a couple of hours after the roster deadline because there was a 1:00pm game. I got burnt on this also
I think we agreed there is no deadline this year, because the Yahoo lineups are official and it would be extremely difficult to police it.

Maybe our regular season luck is changing. It's just been pointed out that Keith Yandle has been credited with an assist during Saturday's game vs. Boston. This changes my tie to a 3 to 2.5 victory over Dubey.Good karma is due to come to the GM who pointed out the scoring change, although it has been noted that the GM is in the same division as Dubey.

Maybe our regular season luck is changing. It's just been pointed out that Keith Yandle has been credited with an assist during Saturday's game vs. Boston. This changes my tie to a 3 to 2.5 victory over Dubey.Good karma is due to come to the GM who pointed out the scoring change, although it has been noted that the GM is in the same division as Dubey.
Devastating!

The Hurricanes remain as the only unbeaten in the FCHL at 3-0. Last night we helped to avenge our loss in last year's championship by beating the asdfjkl; even though we only dressed 3 forwards and no goalies.Also, the Hurricanes sister franchise in the AHL, PuckWarfare, are on a bit of a roll as well. After losing our 1st game of the season, we've been able to reel off 4 straight victories.

• 3 weeks later...

October is in the books, and it was a good one for the Hurricanes.Oct. 09 - W vs. Lethbridge Golden Seals 3 - 2.5Oct. 11 - W vs. Lost Cause 3 - 0Oct. 14 - W vs. asdfjkl; 1.5 - 0.5Oct. 15 - L vs. Whalers (-0.5) - (-0.5) OT Oct. 16 - W vs. Blindsides 4 - 2.5Oct. 21 - L vs. asdfjkl; 2.5 - 2Oct. 23 - L vs. Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers 4.5 - 1.5Oct. 27 - W vs. Shaftsbury Wheat Ales 7.5 - (-1.5)Oct. 28 - W vs. Ottawa Limidonks 2 - (-1)Oct. 29 - W vs. Lost Cause 2.5 - 0.5Oct. 30 - W vs. Whalers 9.5 - 2Record: 8 - 3 - 0 (1st Gilmour Division, 2nd FCHL - 2 pts. behind leader w/ 1 game in hand)Hurricanes Leading ScorersAlex Ovechkin - 7G 6A - 10 PTSDany Heatley - 5G 8A - 9 PTSMartin St. Louis - 5G 7A - 8.5 PTSRyan Callahan - 4G 7A - 7.5 PTSNicklas Backstrom - 4G 6A - 7 PTS