• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

I thought it was a 0 or higher, didn't realize 0 knocked me out. :(

damn, sorry Dale.

Sorry Dale?

Actually I selected Whalers, Dale has Big M.

Down to gothic/big m vs pkdealers

Just an idea for Champions League changes. Thoughts?

http://www.alternativehockeyleague.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=28397#28397

Imo if you want to create more engagement let us submit a different lineup for the Champions League. The main schedule is my priority and I submit my lineups based on who I'm playing. Because this is automatically my Champions League lineup too I don't even bother checking the CL schedule. I had no idea Tuesday was a CL night until Ortenzio told me.

Sorry Dale?

Actually I selected Whalers, Dale has Big M.

Down to gothic/big m vs pkdealers

Oh, sorry Ortenzio.

For some reason I thought you had first overall pick, and went with Big M's.

People always prefer Bob over me. :(

The two smart asses didn’t pick me and I have been running well. Suck it

Actually all 20 AHL teams were picked(including yours).

You were eliminated after opening night.

In my bet with Dale I had first pick in the snake draft.

• Like 1

Actually all 20 AHL teams were picked(including yours).

You were eliminated after opening night.

In my bet with Dale I had first pick in the snake draft.

this confuses me more.

were you automatically assigned your own teams, and did you then pick me 1st overall?

Or did you pick yourself first overall and Dale chose Bob+Dale over me?

Imo if you want to create more engagement let us submit a different lineup for the Champions League. The main schedule is my priority and I submit my lineups based on who I'm playing. Because this is automatically my Champions League lineup too I don't even bother checking the CL schedule. I had no idea Tuesday was a CL night until Ortenzio told me.

I don't want to make anyone do extra work for Champions League. The purpose of it is to be an added, fun thing we do, but I don't want people feeling like they need to do anything more than they already do.

I dont understand the concept of putting a different lineup in for Champions League..You put the best lineup out there to get the max points, anything else is voodoo white magic bs to fool yourself. (I know I have done it at times.)

I dont understand the concept of putting a different lineup in for Champions League..You put the best lineup out there to get the max points, anything else is voodoo white magic bs to fool yourself. (I know I have done it at times.)

Lineup matchups

Hedging bets

Reducing variance

You need to edumacate yourself if you want to win a championship.

Lineup matchups

Hedging bets

Reducing variance

You need to edumacate yourself if you want to win a championship.

There is some merit to it, but its still white magic

I'd like more clarification on the Aho rule, please.

The rule states "called up" implying the player must be called up from the farm to the active roster with less than 25 NHL games played and the call up must happen between Nov 1 and spring callups, but we're also making it applicable to waiver pickups who have played less than 25 NHL games at the time of pickup, correct?

Example/

I have the following forwards available:

B. Wheeler WPG

B. Ryan OTT

H. Sedin VAN

R. Johansen NSH

S. Couturier PHI

J. Guentzel PIT

A. Lee NYI

M. Johansson NJD

J. Silfverberg ANA

N. Foligno CLB

B. Schenn STL

Guentzel, Wheeler and Johansen are likely going to be in my lineup no matter what, but the other three forwards are yet to be decided.

I'm playing the Whalers in the Champions League game. The fact that Arp has J.Voracek, J.Eberle and M. Wood in his lineup might be enough to persuade me to dress S. Couturier, A. Lee and M. Johansson. Voracek and Couturier are on the same line so if Philly goes nuts (aka plays WSH again) then I'm hoping that the point differential between those two players is either even or in my favour. If Philly gets shutout then we both have a dud and hopefully my depth can be the difference.

At the same time I'm playing the Shortstackers in the regular league game. He has M. Stone in his lineup so I put B. Ryan in mine.

As it stands now, I can only submit one lineup so I focus on the regular game and don't even know if/who I'm playing in the CL until Ortenzio tells me. If I could submit different lineups then I'd pay attention to the CL.

It's far from voodoo white magic bs.

I'd like more clarification on the Aho rule, please.

The rule states "called up" implying the player must be called up from the farm to the active roster with less than 25 NHL games played and the call up must happen between Nov 1 and spring callups, but we're also making it applicable to waiver pickups who have played less than 25 NHL games at the time of pickup, correct?

correct, waiver pick ups. Players drafted in the auction are also covered by this.

Basically if your player is in his 1st season on your active roster and they started the season with 25 or less NHL regular season games in their career they can be Aho'd.

Example/

I have the following forwards available:

B. Wheeler WPG

B. Ryan OTT

H. Sedin VAN

R. Johansen NSH

S. Couturier PHI

J. Guentzel PIT

A. Lee NYI

M. Johansson NJD

J. Silfverberg ANA

N. Foligno CLB

B. Schenn STL

Guentzel, Wheeler and Johansen are likely going to be in my lineup no matter what, but the other three forwards are yet to be decided.

I'm playing the Whalers in the Champions League game. The fact that Arp has J.Voracek, J.Eberle and M. Wood in his lineup might be enough to persuade me to dress S. Couturier, A. Lee and M. Johansson. Voracek and Couturier are on the same line so if Philly goes nuts (aka plays WSH again) then I'm hoping that the point differential between those two players is either even or in my favour. If Philly gets shutout then we both have a dud and hopefully my depth can be the difference.

At the same time I'm playing the Shortstackers in the regular league game. He has M. Stone in his lineup so I put B. Ryan in mine.

As it stands now, I can only submit one lineup so I focus on the regular game and don't even know if/who I'm playing in the CL until Ortenzio tells me. If I could submit different lineups then I'd pay attention to the CL.

It's far from voodoo white magic bs.

You make valid points. But mathematically speaking it doesn’t make sense. You are lowering variance sure but at the end of the way you need to score the most possible points irrelevant who you are playing. You don’t need to beat 50000 teams like in Draft Kings. So variance isn’t really relevant imo.

But I like to study the issue further

You make valid points. But mathematically speaking it doesn’t make sense. You are lowering variance sure but at the end of the way you need to score the most possible points irrelevant who you are playing. You don’t need to beat 50000 teams like in Draft Kings. So variance isn’t really relevant imo.

But I like to study the issue further

Where you're wrong is your belief that I need to score the most points possible. I only need to score more points than my opponent.

Where you're wrong is your belief that I need to score the most points possible. I only need to score more points than my opponent.

my mind is a bit blown with the complexity of this problem. And I think it is essentially mathematical problem that can be easily solved..My initial feeling is that you are off your rocker and it makes no sense..However after reading your points it has some validity.

There are a lot of times we make lineup decisions based on various non mathematical situations. For example if I am playing against you we both have Washington goalies I will use the same ones as you to not have the game come down to goaltending..However if I feel that you have a better chance to beat me, then I will put another set of goalies in to increase the luck factor , meaning my chances to win.

In logic, the goalie situation should be based on which goalies are ranked to have a lower output..Regardless of who is the other teams goalies. Its sort of like a theory in Poker that was dubbed the "Kill Phil theory"..Essentially if you overplay your hands pre flop against better opponents, it makes it harder for your opponents to use skill against you. While its not the best mathematical play, its the best strategy against tougher and better opponents.

Mathematical edges are sometimes mixed up with psycological paradoxes. We may believe that its great to have players that play in the West Coast because it gives you a better chance to come back and win more games late. Mathematically it makes no sense whats so ever. However when I m playing DraftKings for a $1 I may do this to increase my fun factor.

• Like 2