A H L Discussion

my goal is to never tear down and give myself a chance each season.

I think the Big M's are the same or better on defense once healthy but we don't have the same depth at forward as last year.

Goalies ? Who can ever really tell at the start of the season.

I like teardowns. Not because I want to suck, but because I like the ability to draft a true keeper team, one that grows from pure infancy like my team did when I joined.

I dont like the idea of building thru trades and the auction, thats boring and I feel that its really based more on other factors than pure hockey know how.

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FCP Bob

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• serge

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and sorry about not having everything up to date yet contract wise. I'll be working on that the next couple days and will have it all done hopefully before the weekend but if not over the weekend for

Unlike other predictions, these are meant to insult and offend both finalists.   #1 Eddie Shack Conference vs #1 Tiger Williams Conference   Steelheads (56-25-1) +/- 167 vs Big M (52-25-5) +/-

AHL GM's European Summit 2015 was a blast! Whalers really embraced the culture....     As per tradition of trades whenever owners cross paths... Whalers and Swackers have agreed to swap .25 both

Posted Images

Ok Dale

Since you asked here are

Pre season predictions.

East

Fighting for title- Gothic

Fighting for playoff spot- Mustangs, Steelheads, Underdogs

Out of playoffs - Thieves

West

Fighting for title- Combo, Ravens, Delicious, Shootloose, Warfare

Fighting for playoff spot-

Out of playoffs -

North

Fighting for title- Whalers, Big M

Fighting for playoff spot- Shortstackers, Ingman, Greaseballs

Out of playoffs -

South

Fighting for title- Swackers, Dealers

Fighting for playoff spot- Eagles, Shooters

Out of playoffs - Broadway

I am waiting for your predictions( kinda late this year).

I think one of the closest matches will be fight for last spot between Thieves/Broadway.

It will actually take a lot of work trying to lose as much as possible while still following ant-tanking rules.

-Maximum number of empty goalie nights.

-Lowest cap floor possible.

-Minimum # of deference(6) to create as many empty defenceman spots as possible or

-Minimum # of forwards(10) to create as many empty forward spots as possible.

-Doubling and tripling up on NHL teams.

I'm definitely tanking, but also trying to win every game as we should do for the spirit of the pool. I even traded for a dmen to ensure I don't have too many empty spots on D and will use Aho or Patrick when available before callups and in the spring. I hope Broadway does the same and we have a fun, fair race to the bottom lol.

I like teardowns. Not because I want to suck, but because I like the ability to draft a true keeper team, one that grows from pure infancy like my team did when I joined.

I dont like the idea of building thru trades and the auction, thats boring and I feel that its really based more on other factors than pure hockey know how.

nothing wrong with rebuilding if your team is in that position. The nice thing is that it's a much shorter process now.

As long as I can keep lucky Bobing some players I hope that my team is never in that position.

I'm definitely tanking, but also trying to win every game as we should do for the spirit of the pool. I even traded for a dmen to ensure I don't have too many empty spots on D and will use Aho or Patrick when available before callups and in the spring. I hope Broadway does the same and we have a fun, fair race to the bottom lol.

Won't be a problem for me as well. I used Bjork tonight

since its 2019 draft, dont you mean #ingmen2018?

And why would you be good make me one of the 3/4 worst teams in our league? :)

Ughhh. Don’t think I can be competitive yet

Ryan Murray is $3 of garbage. His only value is that he is $3. Sutter is a 3rd liner on VAN. Emelin is only slightly better than EMPTY. The Kings prospect might turn into something... you have another Kings prospect. Two 1sts is a high price to some, but you know what I think about 1sts. John likely values them considerably more. The cash is significant.

You got probably the 2nd best player in our pool, but he's injured, but as long as he's healthy during the playoffs...

...and Benn who won the Art Ross not long ago.

I think you made a great trade.

I think the Aho rule significantly increases the value of 1st rd picks compared to before. The Aho rule is a huge part of my rebuild strategy. We shall see

Yeah, that trade probably takes me out of the league for this season. Lol. Hard to be interested with Arp and Bob always stacked ahead of me in my division. (And better GM'ing than me)

I think the Aho rule significantly increases the value of 1st rd picks compared to before. The Aho rule is a huge part of my rebuild strategy. We shall see

Totally agree. That was the goal with the rule. Allow teams to call up a rookie and get rewarded with 3 years of service without increase. Then past that the size of the contracts start to balloon but it's not crazy to keep a core of $3.00 picks that in year 4-6 get paid in the neighborhood of $5-$7. Past year 6 those top end players can be resigned for another 3 years.

Couple that with the franchise player tag and building a team through the draft and being able to keep the team together is very realistic. We got a little too far away from that but the Aho rule helps slow it down again a little.

Yeah, that trade probably takes me out of the league for this season. Lol. Hard to be interested with Arp and Bob always stacked ahead of me in my division. (And better GM'ing than me)

you have a good core of young players, just make the playoffs and you never know what can happen.

I think Brandon Saad likes being back in Chicago.

He was one of the best 5 on 5 offensive players in the NHL last year but got almost zero PP time in Columbus. Last night he got the 2nd or 3rd most PP time on the team so I'm looking for something like 30 and 30 from him this year.

A reminder that the 1st pick ups are this Sunday with a new 6PM deadline.

Waiver List Oct 8th 2017

Order Team

1 Screamin' Eagles

2 Greaseballs

3 Scarborough Shooters

4 The Underdogs

5 Ingmen

6 Cheap Thieves

7 Winning Combination

8 Puck Warfare

9 PK Dealers

10 Shoot Loose

11 Broadway

12 Shortstackers

13 Mustangs

14 Red Ravens

15 Swackers

16 Whalers

17 Magically Delicious

18 The Big M's

19 Steelheads

20 Canadian Gothic

Were the results of the junior draft and auction posted somewhere and I missed it? (ie Slack?)

I dont see them in the AHL forum

Bob posted a spreadsheet in Slack

will be best vs best on Saturday with 30 NHL teams playing

Also a reminder that it's Game #1 of Champions League play. Survivor Tuesday starts off as a bit of a shitshow with a short game night to start it off. I think I have like 3 players total available for the game at the moment lol

some of us have injuries, lucky Bob!

like Vatanan, Krug and Kesler ?

Only Arp can get away with whining about a player being injured when that player was injured when he traded for him ;-)

like Vatanan, Krug and Kesler ?

Only Arp can get away with whining about a player being injured when that player was injured when he traded for him ;-)

Granlund!

ya, so that wasnt really aimed at you, but I like using Lucky Bob as a term of....endearment. ya, endearment, thats it!