So, as implied, I just watched "It Might Get Loud" and I am hooked on that guitar old school rock and roll and I need more. I'm assuming I should get some Led Zeppelin as some of that just sounded awesome, but where else? Let me have it.

So, as implied, I just watched "It Might Get Loud" and I am hooked on that guitar old school rock and roll and I need more. I'm assuming I should get some Led Zeppelin as some of that just sounded awesome, but where else? Let me have it.
The WhoJimi HendrixCreamPink FloydThat's for starters...if you somehow made it through high school without going through a Led Zeppelin phase then it's safe to say the classic rock world is your oyster right now. I envy you, getting to hear some of the truly great older stuff for the first time. Start off with the first 4 LedZep albums and any greatest hits collection of any of the above bands.
The WhoJimi HendrixCreamPink FloydThat's for starters...if you somehow made it through high school without going through a Led Zeppelin phase then it's safe to say the classic rock world is your oyster right now. I envy you, getting to hear some of the truly great older stuff for the first time. Start off with the first 4 LedZep albums and any greatest hits collection of any of the above bands.
High school and collegeGrew up in a tiny town in the midwest. All we listened to was country and pop/rap when I got a little older. My parents weren't big into music so they never exposed me to it. Meh, I've found it now, and that's all that matters. Can't wait to get this on the ipod and listen to them all tomorrow at work.

Couldn't agree more with what ajs said. Just do yourself a favor and get all of the LZ albums.I'll throw out AC/DC (Back In Black), Boston (The first three ablums), and Black Sabbath (We Sold Our Soul For Rock and Roll).

Couldn't agree more with what ajs said. Just do yourself a favor and get all of the LZ albums.I'll throw out AC/DC (back in black), Boston (The first three ablums), and Black Sabbath (We Sold Our Soul For Rock and Roll).
other ac/dc dirty deeds, high voltage, let there be rock, t.n.t, powerage
Couldn't agree more with what ajs said. Just do yourself a favor and get all of the LZ albums.I'll throw out AC/DC (Back In Black), Boston (The first three ablums), and Black Sabbath (We Sold Our Soul For Rock and Roll).
All extremely solid choices, Boston (especially early Boston) is highly underrated.
oh, i don't know. how about: the fucking beatles?
I didn't bring up the Beatles or the Stones because it just seemed even more impossible that he's stayed blissfully ignorant of either. Tried to give his parents at least a LITTLE credit.Alternatively - The Shitty Beatles, are they any good?

Yeah, my parents were to busy doing stupid stuff like putting food on the table than to give me a classic rock education I guess. I've heard maybe 1 or 2 Beatles albums and like no Stones. So ya, blank slate. Tell me what albums to listen to and in what order. I'm on LZ 3 III at work right now an am loving it. Give me this education my shitty parents never did.

Yeah, my parents were to busy doing stupid stuff like putting food on the table than to give me a classic rock education I guess. I've heard maybe 1 or 2 Beatles albums and like no Stones. So ya, blank slate. Tell me what albums to listen to and in what order. I'm on LZ 3 III at work right now an am loving it. Give me this education my shitty parents never did.
Didn't mean it as harshy as it appears to have been taken, sorry about that. I just hear about a man in his twenties who just became aware of Led Zeppelin and I automatically think fanatical Mormonism.

Lol, no, I knew I shoulda put a "being facetious(is that even the right usage?)" line as I was joking and didn't think you were implying I had bad parents. I meant the stuff about being a blank slate though. I have 8 hours a day to discover new music at work and would love a intro to classic rock type shedule.

Lol, no, I knew I shoulda put a "being facetious(is that even the right usage?)" line as I was joking and didn't think you were implying I had bad parents. I meant the stuff about being a blank slate though. I have 8 hours a day to discover new music at work and would love a intro to classic rock type shedule.
Once you've cooked through the above, we'll take you on a Southern Rock trip. Lynyrd Skynyrd, .ZZ Top, The Allman Brothers...
Pandora?

....did you really print off the webpage and then scan it back in instead of taking a screenshot?And by "new music" I meant "new to me" music. Like I want to hear the mainstream guys who really did "new" shit in the genre and then I'll work my way back to finding less mainstream people.