2010-11 Canadian Gothic

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours are rampant that OWNER and GM , GMDM is having a feud with star player and the face of the franchise Steven Stamkos.Its been reported by a very reputable source that Stamkos is on the block and GMDM is accepting offers.

wtf is with all the AHL turnover
Dead weight for some of the teams. The Purple Hearts however was not dead weight.These newbies are making it tougher since they are knowledgeable about hockey, drafting smarter and trades are fairer. Look at Biatch's team, I personally think he has done a great job with it.
Dead weight for some of the teams. The Purple Hearts however was not dead weight.These newbies are making it tougher since they are knowledgeable about hockey, drafting smarter and trades are fairer. Look at Biatch's team, I personally think he has done a great job with it.
Biatch had a very solid foundation when he took over the team. I was talking with another owner on MSN last night and he brought up a very good point. He said that we should have had dispersal drafts and treated these new owners like expansion teams.
Biatch had a very solid foundation when he took over the team. I was talking with another owner on MSN last night and he brought up a very good point. He said that we should have had dispersal drafts and treated these new owners like expansion teams.
Very good point. When I came into the league, I had nothing to work with.
Very good point. When I came into the league, I had nothing to work with.
Me too! I had 4 expansion picks which turned into Jason Allison, Henrik Tallinder, Nick Boynton and Francis Bouillion.

We treated the expansion teams poorly when they entered, we should have given them more.A dispersal draft would have been a horrible idea and it was suggested and rejected last year.

I agree with Dale..With no disrespect to Zach as he had nothing to do with it..I dont think its right that he came into the league with a much better team than other owners.But I agree its not easy to do..I think Arp and Biatch have done good jobs with what they were left..But I have to give it up for my rival Dale , he took over a team with nothing literally and has turned them into a not bad team.

I agree with Dale..With no disrespect to Zach as he had nothing to do with it..I dont think its right that he came into the league with a much better team than other owners.But I agree its not easy to do..I think Arp and Biatch have done good jobs with what they were left..But I have to give it up for my rival Dale , he took over a team with nothing literally and has turned them into a not bad team.
Huh? You feeling okay?We should make it right. Addtional 1st round picks for guys who started with nothing as expansion teams.

Man Serge, I hate my team. I had a mediocre current team, good enough to get into the playoffs, but rarely good enough to win it all. In exchange, I had no cash, no farm, no picks. I would have honestly rather started with an expansion team like I did in the FCHL. Or, I would have rather started with a team like Biatch's which had a foundation in place, or something I could really start to build. My team right now is just in limbo, but there's nothing I can really do about it.

Man Serge, I hate my team. I had a mediocre current team, good enough to get into the playoffs, but rarely good enough to win it all. In exchange, I had no cash, no farm, no picks. I would have honestly rather started with an expansion team like I did in the FCHL. Or, I would have rather started with a team like Biatch's which had a foundation in place, or something I could really start to build. My team right now is just in limbo, but there's nothing I can really do about it.
I agree...you took over a fairly brutal team with no farm players whatsoever.
I agree. Once I saw the teams from last year, I felt the same way. It could have been done VERY well too, cause you could have selected whoever you wanted based on your stratedgy. Go for it now, draft PStatsny. Take a 5year plan? Grab a 1st rounder.Instead, Biatch got a bunch of future stars at $.25, Zach got no farm and old players, and I got 3players and garbage. Its ok, because its all just fun, but it was grossly unbalanced. No offence to Biatch, but if any one of the other owners (Chris, JP, Jay, Zach or I) win a title before he does, thats a big f up on his part. I'll give him credit for nice moves since then, but its easier when your given so much to work with.Honestly, I would have preferred to start from literally ZILCH instead of what I got. A pure expansion. If youve noticed, Ive worked to trade away all the old assets, and make my team based only on players I acquired.
I agree. Once I saw the teams from last year, I felt the same way. It could have been done VERY well too, cause you could have selected whoever you wanted based on your stratedgy. Go for it now, draft PStatsny. Take a 5year plan? Grab a 1st rounder.Instead, Biatch got a bunch of future stars at $.25, Zach got no farm and old players, and I got 3players and garbage. Its ok, because its all just fun, but it was grossly unbalanced. No offence to Biatch, but if any one of the other owners (Chris, JP, Jay, Zach or I) win a title before he does, thats a big f up on his part. I'll give him credit for nice moves since then, but its easier when your given so much to work with.Honestly, I would have preferred to start from literally ZILCH instead of what I got. A pure expansion. If youve noticed, Ive worked to trade away all the old assets, and make my team based only on players I acquired.
A pure expansion team only had money to spend and bad draft picks. You had some assets. You are far far far better off getting any team than an expansion team that has nothing.
A pure expansion team wouldn't at least get an expansion draft?
The two other expansion teams and I had an expansion draft. I got Jason Allison, Nick Boynton, Henrik Tallinder and Francis Bouillon.So I started with those 4 players, plus 5 draft picks (it was five rounds then), plus 2 extra draft picks at the end of the draft. I'll try to dig up who I drafted with those picks.

I'm assuming the teams who landed the big name players had, at some point under their previous ownership, given up assets for said players, right?I just don't see a basis for the argument that an ownership switch should mean a redistribution.

I'm assuming the teams who landed the big name players had, at some point under their previous ownership, given up assets for said players, right?I just don't see a basis for the argument that an ownership switch should mean a redistribution.
Yes of course the teams gave up assets to acquire some of those players. That's not the point. The point is that some believe that a new owner coming into the league should start the same way the expansion teams did. I'm not sure how that would have been possible but I see the logic.I am glad I started with very little. It will make it all the sweeter when I win it all. People won't be able to Brian Burke me and say I was left with a very good foundation to build upon.

I was given a franchise in March 2006. Here's what happened...Keep in mind that I had future picks too.27-Mar-06Acquired F-Robbie Schremp (Edmonton Oilers) and Alexei Kaigorodov (Ottawa Senators) from Legend Killers for Canadian Gothic's 1st Round Draft Choice in 2007-08.29-Mar-06Acquired F-Nils Ekman (San Jose Sharks), F-Michel Ouelett (Pittsburgh Penguins), F-Guillaume Latendresse (Montreal Canadiens), Shoot Loose's 1st Round Draft Choice in 2008-09, Shoot Loose's 2nd Round Draft Choice in 2008-09, ShootLoose's 1st Round Draft Choice in 2009-10, Shoot Loose's 2nd Round Draft Choice in 2009-10 and Shoot Loose's (acquired from Rug Rats) 2nd Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (29th overall) for Canadian Gothic's 1st Round Draft Choice in 2008-09, Canadian Gothic's 2nd Round Draft Choice in 2008-09, Canadian Gothic's 1st Round Draft Choice in 2009-10, Canadian Gothic's 2nd Round Draft Choice in 2009-10 and Canadian Gothic's 2nd Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (40th overall).11-Apr-06Acquired F-Ian Laperriere (Colorado Avalanche) from Rug Rats for $0.50 in 2006-07.12-Apr-06Acquired D-Chris Pronger (Edmonton Oilers) and G-Anaheim Mighty Ducks (Ilja Bryzgalov & Jean-Sebastien Giguere) from Dawgs for $0.50 in 2006-07.Acquired F-Mike York (New York Islanders), F-Martin Lapointe (Chicago Blackhawks), D-Ladislav Smid (Anaheim Mighty Ducks) and D-Janne Niinimaa (Dallas Stars) from PKDealers for 4th Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (80th overall) and $2.25 in 2006-07.16-Apr-06Acquired G-Florida Panthers from Cheap Thieves for Canadian Gothic's 5th Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (100th overall).Acquired PKDealers (acquired from Dawgs) 4th Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (73rd overall) and PKDealers (acquired from Canadian Gothic) 4th Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (80th overall) for G-Florida Panthers.18-Apr-06Acquired F-Nigel Dawes (New York Rangers) and F-Matthew Lombardi (Calgary Flames) from Ingmen for $0.75 in 2006-07.20-Apr-06Selected F-Jason Allison (Toronto Maple Leafs) from The Big M's with 1st pick (1st overall) in the 2006 AHL Expansion Draft.Selected D-Nick Boynton (Boston Bruins) from Swackers with 2nd pick (5th overall) in the 2006 AHL Expansion Draft.Selected D-Henrik Tallinder (Buffalo Sabres) from Ingmen with 3rd pick (9th overall) in the 2006 AHL Expansion Draft.Selected D-Francois Bouillon (Montreal Canadiens) from Red Ravens with 4th pick (13th overall) in the 2006 AHL Expansion Draft.5-May-06Acquired F-Anson Carter (Vancouver Canucks) from PKDealers for $0.75 in 2006-07 and $0.75 in 2007-08.7-Sep-06Acquired F-Tyler Arnason (Colorado Avalanche), D-Mike Komisarek (Montreal Canadiens) and Rug Rats (acquired from Cheap Thieves) 3rd Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (46th overall) for F-Michel Ouelett.8-Sep-06Acquired F-Todd White (Minnesota Wild), D-Steve Eminger (Washington Capitals) and D-Milan Jurcina (Boston Bruins) from Ravag for D-Chris Pronger (Anaheim Ducks)9-Sep-06Acquired F-Darcy Tucker (Toronto Maple Leafs) from Mustangs for D-Nick Boynton (Phoenix Coyotes)11-Sep-06Acquired D-Zbynek Michalek (Phoenix Coyotes), D-Matt Niskanen (Dallas Stars)and G-Pittsburgh Penguins (Marc-Andre Fleury & Jocelyn Thibault) from Red Ravens for $1.00 in 2007-08 and 3rd Round Draft Choice in 2006-07 (60th overall) Please forgive any spelling errors (Goglioski lol)...Bolded are on my team still.Round - Overall Pick - Team - Player1 - 1 Ravag - Jordan Staal1 - 2 PK Dealers - Niklas Backstrom1 - 3 Ingmen - Erik Johnson1 - 4 Legend Killers - Derick Brassard1 - 5 Canadian Gothic - Bryan Little1 - 6 Cheap Thieves - Kyle Okposo1 - 7 Mustangs - James Sheppard1 - 8 Greaseballs - Jiri Tlusty1 - 9 Rug Rats - FORFEITED1 - 10 Purple Hearts - Trevor Lewis1 - 11 Shoot Loose - Jakub Voracek (JR)1 - 12 Legend Killers - Roman Voloshenko1 - 13 Red Ravens - Colton Gillies (JR)1 - 14 Mustangs - Chris Stewart1 - 15 PK Dealers - Michael Grabner1 - 16 Rug Rats - Dustin Boyd1 - 17 Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Bobby Sanguinetti1 - 18 Smokin' T-Birds - David Fischer1 - 19 Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Paul Stastny1 - 20 Canadian Gothic - Steven Stamkos (JR)2 - 21 Ravag - Ivan Vishnevsky2 - 22 Legend Killers - Jarkko Immonen2 - 23 Big M's - Matt Duchene (JR)2 - 24 Shoot Loose - Mikael Backlund (JR)2 - 25 Canadian Gothic - Philip McRae (JR)2 - 26 Big M's - Claude Giroux2 - 27 Mustangs - Alex Suglobov2 - 28 Greaseballs - Keith Yandle2 - 29 Canadian Gothic - Andrej Sekera2 - 30 Purple Hearts - Michael Blunden2 - 31 PK Dealers - Patrick Berglund2 - 32 Mustangs - Jonas Nordqvist2 - 33 Shoot Loose - Patrice Cormier2 - 34 Ingmen - Drew Doughty (JR)2 - 35 Greaseballs - Thomas Kana2 - 36 Cheap Thieves - Mark Katic (JR)2 - 37 Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Juraj Simek2 - 38 Smokin' T-Birds - Andrew Sweetland (JR)2 - 39 Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Ryan Potulny2 - 40 Shoot Loose - James Vanreimsdyk (JR)3 - 41 Ravag - Mikhail Grabovsky3 - 42 Legend Killers - Steve Downie3 - 43 Rug Rats - Matthew Corrente3 - 44 Legend Killers - Ty Wishart3 - 45 Red Ravens - Juniour Lessard3 - 46 Canadian Gothic - Laurie Korpikoski3 - 47 Mustangs - Nick Foligno3 - 48 Greaseballs - Cody Burki3 - 49 Greaseballs - Cory Emmerton3 - 50 Screamin' Eagles - Kyle Chipchura3 - 51 Shoot Loose - FORFEITED3 - 52 Legend Killers - Alexandre Picard (D-PHI)3 - 53 PK Dealers - Igor Makarov3 - 54 Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Francois Bouchard3 - 55 Screamin' Eagles - Yiri Alexandrov3 - 56 Cheap Thieves - Marc-Edouard Vlasic3 - 57 Rug Rats - Patrick McNeil3 - 58 Smokin' T-Birds - Alexei Yemelin3 - 59 Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Stanislav Lascek3 - 60 Red Ravens - Kristopher Letang4 - 61 Ravag - Kaspars Paugavins4 - 62 PK Dealers - Stefan Ruzicka4 - 63 Ingmen - Karl Sneep4 - 64 Legend Killers - Mark Mitera4 - 65 Red Ravens - Dennis Persson4 - 66 Cheap Thieves - Keith Seabrook4 - 67 Mustangs - Jeremy Williams4 - 68 Screamin' Eagles - Tomas Pock4 - 69 Rug Rats - Dylan Hunter4 - 70 Ingmen - Derrick Lapointe4 - 71 Canadian Gothic - Kevin Klein4 - 72 PK Dealers - Chris Bourque4 - 73 Canadian Gothic - Danny Irmen4 - 74 Cheap Thieves - Alex Goglioski4 - 75 Screamin' Eagles - Ryan Stone4 - 76 Big M's - Mathieu Carle4 - 77 Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Tomas Markinsal4 - 78 Smokin' T-Birds - Ilya Zubov4 - 79 Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Oliver Latendresse4 - 80 Canadian Gothic - Robbie Earl5 - 81 Ravag - Radem Smolenak5 - 82 Canadian Gothic - Brendan Mikkelson5 - 83 Ingmen - Kyle Medvec5 - 84 PK Dealers - Jamie McGinn5 - 85 Red Ravens - Nigel Williams5 - 86 Cheap Thieves - Brett Skinner5 - 87 Mustangs - Alexander Edler5 - 88 Greaseballs - Ben Maxwell5 - 89 Rug Rats - Michael Vernace5 - 90 Purple Hearts - Tomas Kudelka5 - 91 Canadian Gothic - Doug O'Brien5 - 92 Mustangs - Scott Parse5 - 93 PK Dealers - Ben Walter5 - 94 Ingmen - Kevin Quick5 - 95 Screamin' Eagles - Nicolai Kulemin5 - 96 Cheap Thieves - Marc-Andre Gagnani5 - 97 Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Johan Junland5 - 98 Smokin' T-Birds - Lukas Kaspar5 - 99 Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Sammi Lepisto5 - 100 Cheap Thieves - Kris RussellThe four expansion teams were permitted two more picks each at the end of the draft.101 - Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Tomas Zadorski102 - Smokin T-Birds - Sergei Kostitsyn103 - Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Nicolai Kudina104 - Canadian Gothic - Matt Greene105 - Blackdraft (now Bandits) - Alex Biega106 - Smokin T-Birds - Adam Berti107 - Dirty Trix (now Scarboro Smugglers) - Michael Funk108 - Canadian Gothic - Troy Brouwer