Request For Balloon Guy

And you don't find it odd that he always saved the Jews but not the others. Are you saying that God thought only the Jews were able to change and the others couldn't so he was justified in having them killed. ORLY? And if he can make perfect decisions, why didn't he decide to teach them not to be immoral? Maybe he could have sent them a son or something? And finally, not being able to understand why God did he did is the only thing you've said that made sense.
To be fair he hasn't exactly always saved the Jews. Last I heard the Holocaust actually did happen, even though the numbers might be inflated a bit.
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's silly, you have to think and use logic to understand what the Bible has to say.If you don't want to think or apply logic, you can join the other side.
That's kind of what I was implying. If I ask you (BG) what you think about slavery and you say to me just"read the bible" or listen to "x" preacher and this will help me to understand ... well guess what, I don't want to take the time or energy to read the bible or listen to whatever preacher. I want you to tell me what you think ... which you do. Wordsoftheprohet was telling JJJ that in order to find that answer to his question, he needed to listen to a 75 minute talk from Depak. That to me is absurd, because I would rather hear you put it into your own words. A charismatic person can "sell" just about anything he wants, but if an ordinary person can't come to the same realization and is only parroting what someone esle says, then that is just weak IMO. Also, what do you mean by "other side"? That is a weak argument as well. You know that there are different factions of christians right? So what exactly are the two sides? Is it as Basejester said ... those who agree with you and those who don't. Because I bet there are some in your christian circle who don't agree 100% with every position that you take. You know there are some christian groups who even ... *gasp* support gay marriage right? Are they on the other side?
Maybe I implied I was about to go to bed? The questions he asked are not ABC questions, infact I know this kid is asking them in the hope I will screw up, and I'm not going down that route. If you wanna think I can't defend my beliefs, then the title of most clueless participant of this thread has just shifted, congratulations JoeyJoJo.If he's really interested in finding answers to those questions, he can always watch the Deepak Chopra lecture which answers the questions he asked me perfectly fine, however "absurd" you may find that.
Hi! Nice to meet you.I do think that you can't defend your beliefs (right now) because so far your defense has been ... check out this lecture by Depak. If you decide to defend your beliefs and answer the questions then cool ... we are starting to get somewhere and my opinion will probably change.Just to refresh ...
For that matter I think that the only way to get close to understanding these concepts is to mentally & spiritually detach yourself from matter & earthly concepts. I believe that the spirit or soul is the eternal part within each human being, the more you get in touch with that part of yourself, the more you come to understand religion.
To which JJJ asked how YOU to explain how to "mentally & spiritually detach yourself from matter & earthly concepts" You then said to watch a video.Hope we are all caught up now.
The only reason you think there are only two sides is that you divide the world into people that agree with you and people that don't. This is a subjective and deceptive model.
You don't?You allow people who believe in creationism that possibility that they are right?Cause I allow for evolutionist to be interpreting their data logically, just with misguided logic.
The only reason you think there are only two sides is that you divide the world into people that agree with you and people that don't. This is a subjective and deceptive model.
You don't?
No, I don't. Jews. Muslims. Christians. Atheists. Hindus. Buddhists.Are the two groups theists and atheists? Religions of Abraham and others? Or Christians and non-Christians? There aren't just two sides. There's no single closed-door anti-Christian group that comes up with a cohesive strategy.
You allow people who believe in creationism that possibility that they are right?
If we found sufficient evidence for creationism, then I would change my mind. The creationists would have been right all along. I'm not sure that their believing it would have much bearing, though. There are lots of things that nobody believes in that are still true.
Cause I allow for evolutionist to be interpreting their data logically, just with misguided logic.
Like, the devil planted the evidence?
No, I don't. Jews. Muslims. Christians. Atheists. Hindus. Buddhists.Are the two groups theists and atheists? Religions of Abraham and others? Or Christians and non-Christians? There aren't just two sides. There's no single closed-door anti-Christian group that comes up with a cohesive strategy.
I guess you can find simple examples for why you don't have just two people in the world, but struggle to believe I might also. Par for the course for your side of this debate.
If we found sufficient evidence for creationism, then I would change my mind. The creationists would have been right all along. I'm not sure that their believing it would have much bearing, though. There are lots of things that nobody believes in that are still true.
Well, our understanding of the subject is still surface level, so I have faith that the truth will be vindicated. I will see if your side has the stones to actually practice this 'open mindedness' when the tables turn.
Like, the devil planted the evidence?
Like, you approached it all with a desire for it to fit an idea founded by another group of people who did the same thing.

It's hilarious to me that BG's choice dismissal is to use 'your side', but when people who disagree with him use generalities that are embarrassing (intolerance, gayhate) to describe him, he always is first to get mad and say, "Don't lump me in with those guys, they're crazy". oh well.

It's hilarious to me that BG's choice dismissal is to use 'your side', but when people who disagree with him use generalities that are embarrassing (intolerance, gayhate) to describe him, he always is first to get mad and say, "Don't lump me in with those guys, they're crazy". oh well.
Are you sure that's what I do?Cause I think what I do is much better.I turn it around and lump your guys into a similar situation and watch you guys squirm.Much more fun for me that way.
Are you sure that's what I do?Cause I think what I do is much better.I turn it around and lump your guys into a similar situation and watch you guys squirm.Much more fun for me that way.
I agree that you're entertaining, but you have zero credibility. Zero.When you fail to admit or even acknowledge your own inconsistencies or those of your peers, your credibility suffers. I know you know this, and you are happily and willfully ignorant, or you seem to be. Since you're willfully ignorant wrt religion, people are going to assume you're the same way on other topics. Throw in your liberal use of 'you guys' and 'your side', and here we are.I wouldn't want to admit that my religion fosters pedophilia either, or admit that it's easy to hate the gays under the guide of marriage being a scared institution. Slippery slope.
I wouldn't want to admit that my religion fosters pedophilia either, or admit that it's easy to hate the gays under the guide of marriage being a scared institution. Slippery slope.
I have to object to the tactic of accusing anyone who is against something of "hate". There are plenty of reasons to oppose various behaviors and ideas that do not derive from phobias and hatred, and unless there is direct evidence of hatred we don't need to go there. I am strongly opposed to religion, but I don't hate religious people unless they are brvheart. I'm not an islamophobe.
I have to object to the tactic of accusing anyone who is against something of "hate". There are plenty of reasons to oppose various behaviors and ideas that do not derive from phobias and hatred, and unless there is direct evidence of hatred we don't need to go there. I am strongly opposed to religion, but I don't hate religious people unless they are brvheart. I'm not an islamophobe.
I'm using 'hate' there as a generic disapproval. I certainly don't expect BG to champion us going all KKK on their asses.
I agree that you're entertaining, but you have zero credibility. Zero.When you fail to admit or even acknowledge your own inconsistencies or those of your peers, your credibility suffers. I know you know this, and you are happily and willfully ignorant, or you seem to be. Since you're willfully ignorant wrt religion, people are going to assume you're the same way on other topics. Throw in your liberal use of 'you guys' and 'your side', and here we are.I wouldn't want to admit that my religion fosters pedophilia either, or admit that it's easy to hate the gays under the guide of marriage being a scared institution. Slippery slope.
When you accept that the worst atrocities in all of history were committed by atheist / anti-Christian governments, then I will happily admit to the few instances of failure on my side. Few instances that represent a tiny fraction of the numbers my side posts.Until then you are being infinitely more 'willfully ignorant' then even you suppose I am being.
When you accept that the worst atrocities in all of history were committed by atheist / anti-Christian governments, then I will happily admit to the few instances of failure on my side. Few instances that represent a tiny fraction of the numbers my side posts.Until then you are being infinitely more 'willfully ignorant' then even you suppose I am being.
Just because your religion hasn't been around very long doesn't mean you are allowed to completely ignore your shortcomings. Attempting to shift the blame while saying, "Well, we aren't as bad as those other worse religions" seems a little bit counter-productive.
Why do you consider marriage a scary institution?
Just because your religion hasn't been around very long doesn't mean you are allowed to completely ignore your shortcomings. Attempting to shift the blame while saying, "Well, we aren't as bad as those other worse religions" seems a little bit counter-productive.
My religion is over 6,000 years old. Older than all the other ones, what are you talking about?
When you accept that the worst atrocities in all of history were committed by atheist / anti-Christian governments, then I will happily admit to the few instances of failure on my side.
Stalin was an atheist. He sucked a lot.God & the Hebrews were pretty hard core, too, though. The flood would be hard to top, for instance.
When you fail to admit or even acknowledge your own inconsistencies or those of your peers, your credibility suffers. I know you know this, and you are happily and willfully ignorant, or you seem to be. Since you're willfully ignorant wrt religion
If anyone is ignorant, it's you. Funny how so many idiots see the small picture and think they know it all. If you wouldn't be such a blinded idiot you would see that inconsistencies only attribute to the truth, inconsistencies in the Bible only mean it was written by different points of view which obviously never are exactly the same (just as your description of a movie will differ from your friends).Same goes with people of every religion. Judging them all together under one lable is idiocy, but then again, that's what idiots like you tend to do.
Funny how so many idiots see the small picture and think they know it all. If you wouldn't be such a blinded idiot you would see that inconsistencies only attribute to the truth, inconsistencies in the Bible only mean it was written by different points of view which obviously never are exactly the same (just as your description of a movie will differ from your friends).
this is just beyond amazing. keep up the good lord's work, sir.
this is just beyond amazing. keep up the good lord's work, sir.
That was another drunken post by me lol. Though what I said there is not untrue, if multiple disciples witness & describe an event, it would be peculiar if they all wrote down the exact same story. Slight inconsistencies therefor can be considered proof of independant writing & attribute to the genuineness & authenticness of The Bible. But that's all they are, slight inconsistencies, when it comes down to the core of christianity it is a very coherent & consistent religion.