Recreation Hockey League

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some moments in your sons life that they will never forget and will grow from.   This weekend Adrian’s team was playing for the Northern California championships. In the final game they p

Adrian’s team is now California State Champions. Some epic things happened all weekend that I’ll post about later.   Before the final game they played ONLY the Canadian national anthem in honor of

Too bad your kid still isn't playing in Canada serge, I just found out I was picked and I'll be wearing the bands for the major peewee AAA finals of the BCC at the Canadian Tire Centre on New Years Da

Just found out my son has a broken skate blade. He knew about it but still went on the ice last night for his game. I guess all the shinny he has been playing outside and possibly walking on concrete would do this.

Just found out my son has a broken skate blade. He knew about it but still went on the ice last night for his game. I guess all the shinny he has been playing outside and possibly walking on concrete would do this.
What kind of skates does he have?I've had more broken skate blades with my Grafs in the last 5ish year than I did the rest of my life. A few of them, I have no idea how they happened. I keep extra blades in my playing and reffing bags to be safe.
What kind of skates does he have?I've had more broken skate blades with my Grafs in the last 5ish year than I did the rest of my life. A few of them, I have no idea how they happened. I keep extra blades in my playing and reffing bags to be safe.
He has the Reebok Pump (not sure what model, 4K? maybe). I guess I will have to get both blades replaced.
He has the Reebok Pump (not sure what model, 4K? maybe). I guess I will have to get both blades replaced.
How much do blades cost
For as much hockey as I've played in my life, I've never broken a skate blade, and I've never broken a stick (with the exception of the old wood sticks just breaking down slowly over time).
I around 5 Grafs blades now and 2 the rest of my life.Stick blades don't just break very often anymore, they mostly just break down and get weak. I would guess I go through 6 blades and 1 shaft per year.
2-piece stick? Really?
Yep, I bought a 6 pack (or something close to that) of the last Easton tapered grip 110 flex shafts I could find on the internet a few years ago and still love them.Obviously you didn't study the above picture enough: :club:DiG7JUr8t_FokSw97m66.png

I couldn't get past the goalie chilling in the back.I've never used a 2-piece stick. They were always too expensive when I was a kid, I think. I always used a Koho Bullet, which was made of like fiberglass or something. It was like $40 (and it was a Jagr), and eventually like the fiber glass enamel would start to chip off and peel off before it would finally just start to feel weaker, so I'd convince my parents to buy a new one.The first time I got a composite stick was for some pick-up hockey, it was a Christmas present like 6-7 years ago, and I had it until last season (although it had been relegated to my backup stick for the last few seasons), but then I left both my sticks at the rink somehow and they were stolen.Now I just use an Easton S7 (with an S5 for a backup), 85 flex, Zetterberg curve.

I used a 2-piece from 7th grade (1992ish) until 2002 when I graduated college. Once I had my own money, I bought a 3-pack of 1-piece Eastons and flipped them over to use them as shafts after the blades broke. The 1-piece turned into shafts were exactly what I use now, which is why I went with them.I also use an Easton blade with the Zetterberg (formally Forsberg) curve. I just bought 3 new ones online a few minutes ago.The goalie was chilling because the one team we played sucked bad. Their company sponsored the team and payed the whole entry fee. So, of course, a bunch of guys that sucked real bad took the free chance to play at CEC. We played them, had a game off, then played the same pretty good team team back-to-back. I'm glad the first team sucked or I would have REALLY been hurting playing 3 games in 5 hours against good teams.

Grafs (and eastons) have a different holder from the standard tuuk and it creates more torque on the skate blade which makes the runners more fragile..
And I thought it was just because I'm fat. :club:
So I went to PlayAgain Sports to get the blades replaced. They say they can't do it since they don't have the proper blades. I then go to SportCheck (where I brought them). They also said they can't do it and if they could it would cost around $150.So I paid for a brand new pair of Reebok 9k skates. My guess is my son when he was playing shinny on Saturday step on concrete and broke the skate blade. The old skates were the Reebok 4k endorsed by SC87.
So I went to PlayAgain Sports to get the blades replaced. They say they can't do it since they don't have the proper blades. I then go to SportCheck (where I brought them). They also said they can't do it and if they could it would cost around $150.So I paid for a brand new pair of Reebok 9k skates. My guess is my son when he was playing shinny on Saturday step on concrete and broke the skate blade. The old skates were the Reebok 4k endorsed by SC87.
Were the holders broke too? Or just the blades?
Do they not have Hockey Life in Toronto? Or private hockey stores?I can't imagine ever going to SportChek to get anything for hockey.
They do but SportChek and PlayItAgain are not that far away from my house. Plus I wanted to go home to watch the Knicks game.
Wait, even if the holders and blades were broke, that's like $70 in material and less than an hour to replace.
I was quoted about $65 for each skate.I thought forget about looking for the blade, I will buy the skates if I get a deal.That is the problem with me. For my son, I will get him the equipment rather than him missing a houseleague game. One time he forgot his gloves, I ran into the pro shop and paid $100 for a cheap pair.