Wsop Tournament Of Champions

The WSOP Tournament of Champions has begun at The Rio in Las Vegas and Daniel is at the Featured Table to start.For those of you in the US who have access to ESPN3 it's being streamed online and will be shown on ESPN later.Daniel will be sending updates via Twitter and Poker News has their usual updates.http://twitter.com/RealKidPoker/http://www.pokernews.com/live-reporting/20...t-of-champions/Daniel's Twitter Updates27 June 2010, 4:20 pmRealKidPoker: 38,350 so far feel like I'm in complete control despite folding two winners so far. This is like time machine old school poker.27 June 2010, 6:36 pmRealKidPoker: Ended with 36,125. Felt like a 4 handed game. Me Antonio Hachem and Elky playing pots while the others watched.27 June 2010, 6:44 pmRealKidPoker: Thought Hachem played better than I've ever seen and Elky made some great plays as well. I thought I played well too despite folding winners28 June 2010, 2:06 pmRealKidPoker: Just booked a bet vs Doyle must win. I have Elky Hachem and Seidel vs Greenstien Chan and Harrington.28 June 2010, 3:34 pmRealKidPoker: Tough hand vs Ferguson. Had a set of sevens he hit a set of 10's on the river and I paid off 12k. Down to 21k28 June 2010, 4:27 pmRealKidPoker: On the feature table and grinded my way back to 32,400 coming over the top here and there and playing some small pots. 18 left28 June 2010, 6:38 pmRealKidPoker: Ended the day with 39,900. Feel good about my play but man Mikey is loud and sitting next to him literally hurts your eardrum.4 July 2010, 3:03 pmRealKidPoker: 175k we are down to 10 in the TOC I think that is chipleader 810k total chips in play4 July 2010, 7:06 pmRealKidPoker: 210,800 on break of TOC with 8 left. Chip leader and think I'm playing very well and fully expect to win.4 July 2010, 9:14 pmRealKidPoker: Just busted to Hachem. AA vs 55 flop came 652. Oh well, it was a fun tournament but in the end my cards ran out of gas.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 Table DrawPosted 16 minutes ago by change100 Here's a look at how our field will be seated:ESPN Featured TableSeat 1: Joe HachemSeat 2: Doyle BrunsonSeat 3: Howard LedererSeat 4: T.J. CloutierSeat 5: Bertrand "ElkY" GrospellierSeat 6: Scotty NguyenSeat 7: Annie DukeSeat 8: Daniel NegreanuSeat 9: Antonio EsfandiariAmazon Red 372Seat 1: Huck SeedSeat 2: Phil IveySeat 3: Jennifer HarmanSeat 4: Joe CadaSeat 5: Erik SeidelSeat 6: Chris FergusonSeat 7: John JuandaSeat 8: Johnny ChanSeat 9: Andrew BartonAmazon Red 341Seat 1: Mike MatusowSeat 2: Allen CunninghamSeat 3: Mike SextonSeat 4: Phil HellmuthSeat 5: Dan HarringtonSeat 6: Barry GreensteinSeat 7: Barry ShulmanSeat 8: Sam FarhaSeat 9: Greg Raymer

Paging Phil HellmuthPosted 21 minutes ago by ebhizzle There is one seat still empty at this table. Phil Hellmuth, who has a history of taking fashionably late a little too far, has yet to arrive. (Howard Lederer and Huck Seed are also MIA on other tables.) The eight players who showed up on time to play at this table have been discussing how disgraceful it is that Hellmuth is absent. Mike Matusow is particularly agitated, saying it's disrespectful to ESPN, to poker, and to the other players."Don't worry," said Mike Sexton. "You'll be broke before he even gets here.""I'll be sure to nit it up so I can tell him how I feel," Matusow responded.But he couldn't wait that long and decided to call Hellmuth instead. He didn't get an answer.

Happy Hour Already?Posted 1 minute ago by change100 "We need TWO cocktail waitresses, baby!" Scotty Nguyen said, slurring his words just a tad.Despite the early hour, Nguyen already appears to be halfway in the bag and he just motioned to the audience, declaring that he'd by a round for everyone in the stands and up in the Jack Link's Lounge. When the waitresses failed to instantly materialize, Nguyen staggered over to media row where he asked the floor staff if they could call over a few cocktail servers before returning to the table.When the servers did arrive, they were greeted with a hearty cheer from both Nguyen and the audience.Table Talk: Prop BetsPosted 20 minutes ago by change100 Sometimes it's a little difficult to hear the table talk from media row, but we're pretty sure we heard this right. Antonio Esfandiari, Daniel Negreanu and T.J. Cloutier were talking prop bets and Negreanu "hypothetically" offered Cloutier $1 million to kiss Esfandiari on the cheek."Nope, no, can't do it," mumbled the Texan."Hell, for $1 million I'd FRENCH kiss you!" Esfandiari cackled."What if he shaved off some of the stubble?" Annie Duke offered, pointing to Esfandiari's five o' clock shadow.Cloutier just shook his head and stared at the felt as he tried not to turn red. No man-on-man love for this cowboy.The Brat Calls InPosted 16 minutes ago by ebhizzle The other two tardy players have been settled in their seats for a few minutes, leaving only Phil Hellmuth's seat empty. Mike Matusow, who's still upset about his friend's absence, finally got him on the phone. He berated Hellmuth for a minute, telling him to get out of bed and get down to the Rio. Hellmuth apparently said he disagreed with Mike's assessment and was in no hurry to get here."The next time there's a freeroll, they won't invite you," Matusow told him. He might not want to bet on that.

Happy Hour Already?Posted 1 minute ago by change100 "We need TWO cocktail waitresses, baby!" Scotty Nguyen said, slurring his words just a tad.Despite the early hour, Nguyen already appears to be halfway in the bag and he just motioned to the audience, declaring that he'd by a round for everyone in the stands and up in the Jack Link's Lounge. When the waitresses failed to instantly materialize, Nguyen staggered over to media row where he asked the floor staff if they could call over a few cocktail servers before returning to the table.When the servers did arrive, they were greeted with a hearty cheer from both Nguyen and the audience.Table Talk: Prop BetsPosted 20 minutes ago by change100 Sometimes it's a little difficult to hear the table talk from media row, but we're pretty sure we heard this right. Antonio Esfandiari, Daniel Negreanu and T.J. Cloutier were talking prop bets and Negreanu "hypothetically" offered Cloutier $1 million to kiss Esfandiari on the cheek."Nope, no, can't do it," mumbled the Texan."Hell, for $1 million I'd FRENCH kiss you!" Esfandiari cackled."What if he shaved off some of the stubble?" Annie Duke offered, pointing to Esfandiari's five o' clock shadow.Cloutier just shook his head and stared at the felt as he tried not to turn red. No man-on-man love for this cowboy.The Brat Calls InPosted 16 minutes ago by ebhizzle The other two tardy players have been settled in their seats for a few minutes, leaving only Phil Hellmuth's seat empty. Mike Matusow, who's still upset about his friend's absence, finally got him on the phone. He berated Hellmuth for a minute, telling him to get out of bed and get down to the Rio. Hellmuth apparently said he disagreed with Mike's assessment and was in no hurry to get here."The next time there's a freeroll, they won't invite you," Matusow told him. He might not want to bet on that.
Ohhhhhhhhh, boy.

Antonio Esfandiari opened for 600 from under-the-gun and both Annie Duke and Daniel Negreanu called from the blinds.The flop came down A :4h K :5c 3 :ts . Duke and Negreanu checked to Esfandiari, who bet 1,525. Duke called and Negreanu called as well. The turn fell the 5 :club: and this time, Duke led out for 2,800. Negreanu called and Esfandiari folded. The river was the 8 :3h and Duke made it 5,300 to go. Negreanu leaned back, stretched his arms over his head and screwed his face up as he tanked. Finally, he made the call.Negreanu showed J :qh 3 :jh for the flush, and the win, taking down the 23,000 pot-- the largest we've seen so far on the ESPN featured table.

Hellmuth On the ScenePosted 5 minutes ago by ebhizzle Phil Hellmuth has arrived and launched straight into his usual "I'm the greatest player alive" monologue. After nearly two hours of blinding away at the smallest levels, he's in perfectly good shape with 28,350I bet he would have been on time if he was on the TV table.

27 June 2010, 4:20 pmRealKidPoker: 38,350 so far feel like I'm in complete control despite folding two winners so far. This is like time machine old school poker.

Small Children, Adult LanguagePosted 17 minutes ago by ebhizzle Phil Hellmuth and Mike Matusow have been getting into it across the table from each other. Matusow's language isn't exactly PG, and the TD just came over to ask him to tone it down a bit. Matusow wasn't about to take that sitting down. He threw the blame at Hellmuth, and things got even louder."These are my fans," Matusow boomed. "Stand up when I make fun of Phil Hellmuth!" The rail responded with a rousing cheer.This may be the oldest tournament field you'll find outside of the Seniors' event, but it also might be the most in need of a time out.

Antonio Esfandiari opened for 600 from under-the-gun and both Annie Duke and Daniel Negreanu called from the blinds.The flop came down A :4h K :5c 3 :ts . Duke and Negreanu checked to Esfandiari, who bet 1,525. Duke called and Negreanu called as well. The turn fell the 5 :club: and this time, Duke led out for 2,800. Negreanu called and Esfandiari folded. The river was the 8 :3h and Duke made it 5,300 to go. Negreanu leaned back, stretched his arms over his head and screwed his face up as he tanked. Finally, he made the call.Negreanu showed J :qh 3 :jh for the flush, and the win, taking down the 23,000 pot-- the largest we've seen so far on the ESPN featured table.
Is DN debating a raise here or is this a slowroll of sorts with the second nuts? No way he can find a fold here, so this seems like he was putting the needle to Duke a little bit. If so, it is pretty funny, but not all that classy.
Is DN debating a raise here or is this a slowroll of sorts with the second nuts? No way he can find a fold here, so this seems like he was putting the needle to Duke a little bit. If so, it is pretty funny, but not all that classy.
i think the term is nitrolled.

Official Day 1 Chip Counts (full)Posted 2 hours 8 minutes ago by LikeABoss Chip Counts 1 Erik Seidel 72,075 2 Jon Chan 71,325 3 Mike Matusow 70,575 4 Barry Greenstein 56,775 5 Joe Hachem 55,650 6 Huck Seed 51,875 7 Bertrand Grospellier 51,175 8 Allen Cunningham 49,300 9 Scotty Nguyen 48,900 10 Dan Harrington 38,250 11 Daniel Negreanu 36,125 12 Antonio Esfandiari 25,925 13 Howard Lederer 25,750 14 Chris Ferguson 25,125 15 Phil Hellmuth 21,825 16 TJ Cloutier 20,125 17 Jennifer Harman Traniello 19,275 18 Andrew Barton 18,200 19 Mike Sexton 18,125 20 Annie Duke 12,500 21 Joseph Cada 12,125 22 Doyle Brunson 10,200

One hand I forgot to add to the blog and it's another Elky hand:I raised UTG with Ad 6d he called from the SB. Flop 6-5-5 rainbow one diamond. He check called 800. Turn 3d he check called 1600. River Qs he fired 4200...... what do YOU put him on? And what would you do? Answer at the bottom:I folded he showed KK

From Daniel's Blog.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jour...&ucat=&HAND #3With blinds at 100-200 with a 25 ante Antonio raised to 525, Doyle called, and Duke called from the small blind. I had Jc 3c in the big blind and called the 325 to try and catch a lucky flop. It came Ac Kc 3s. It was checked to Antonio who bet 1775, Doyle folded, Duke called, and I decided not to get it in here and just call. Often a pair and a flush draw is a big enough hand to get it in on the flop, but the problem here is that I can't really rep very much. I can't really rep AK AA or KK, so that narrows down what I can rep to just a set of 33's. I figured it wasn't believable enough and if I raised they'd correctly put me on a big draw. The turn came a 5, and Duke bet 2800. I wasn't exactly sure what to make of that bet, but similar to my hand, it seemed like a very exploitable bet since she can't rep very much either. So now I'm stuck in the middle and if I call my hand becomes so obvious. Also, Antonio is a good player and I fully expected him to raise the turn if I call with any kind of a hand. I tried to think about what part of my range I'd bet the turn with in that spot and I couldn't figure out any hand I'd ever do that with, so it puzzled me. The bet didn't make any real sense, but it was cheap enough that I thought it was worth a shot to hope that Antonio decides to leave it alone, and that I can catch the 3 and potentially get it all in on the river. I was getting a decent price to hit the flush alone, but adding the 3, as well as maybe a jack makes a call seem like the right play considering. It's close though, because if a club hits the river I can't get any action because my hand plays face up at that point. Weird spot.Antonio folded, and the river came the 8c. I was a bit shocked when she bet 5600. Again, I couldn't figure out exactly what the meaning, or the purpose of the bet was? If she had Qc 10c I'd expect a bigger bet since it's obvious I should have hit that card. If she doesn't have the flush, then there can't be any value in betting one pair there. My hand is either two pair going into the river, or a flush that just hit.I ended up tanking for a pretty long time. She bet 5600 and had about 16,000 left. Normally a raise seems standard here, but if I raise, I don't see how I get called by anything but a flush, and if she has a flush, it's likely to be exactly Qc 10c and nothing else. I thought about min raising, but if I do that and she has As Qc for example, that opens the door for her to move all in and I'd be forced to fold the hand. I didn't want to put myself in that spot, and since I didn't see any value in a raise, I decided to call. She showed AQ.It worked out for me because if she checked I already decided I'd bet 4500 and I think she'd probably have to fold. In hindsight, I guess I would have raised the river if I thought she'd bet a one pair hand based on the way that I played the hand. The whole hand ended up being weirder than it should have been, and that's why I ended up tanking for so long on the river. I wasn't slowrolling, I was trying to figure out exactly what she was thinking, and when I couldn't, I just gave up and called. I thought about the hand on the drive home, and still don't really know what happened there.
did daniel really have the 6 of spades vs antonio?
What do you think ?