hellmuth is in deep shit if people keep giving IVEY action on his bracelet bets.maybe hellmuth needs to make bracelet bets on himself to counter???PH has like 1-2 years to come up with a serious strategy or his bracelet record is OVER.maybe he needs to play IVEY a marathon hu game during the series for like 5mill on tv, just to keep IVEY away from more bracelets

Bets have nothing to do with it.Ivey will crush Phil in bracelets before long
I think the bets have a little to do with it. I don't think Phil would be 3 tabling live tourneys if there wasn't something else on the line. Especially the 5 mil bet he has with Lederer.There is no way Hellmuth can hold onto his record though. I could see Seidel catching up in the next few years also.
There is no way Hellmuth can hold onto his record though. I could see Seidel catching up in the next few years also.
Looked it up. Seidel has won a bracelet in all odd years this century ('01, '03, '05, '07). So yeah, Seidel could do it in the next 5 years or so.
A recap of the known bracelet bets in place please...
I GUESS the topic was misleading. To my knowledge ivey and hellmuth have no bets on the series between each other.but i think phil needs to start betting with ivey on this if he has any chance of being the alltime leader.
I GUESS the topic was misleading. To my knowledge ivey and hellmuth have no bets on the series between each other.but i think phil needs to start betting with ivey on this if he has any chance of being the alltime leader.
That doesn't matter at all. He's going to lose the lead at some point.
That doesn't matter at all. He's going to lose the lead at some point.
true............but.ivey's bracelets have spiked in the past years after making bracelet bets.maybe PH needs to do the same
true............but.ivey's bracelets have spiked in the past years after making bracelet bets.maybe PH needs to do the same
They've spiked cause he started playing WSOP events. Bets or not. If he plays events, he'll beat Hellmuth, and he'll beat him in far less events.
They've spiked cause he started playing WSOP events. Bets or not. If he plays events, he'll beat Hellmuth, and he'll beat him in far less events.
true, but we have zero evidence on PH results after taking bracelet bets. the guy takes insurance on 50/50s , im sure he could throw in some bracelet bets!!!!!!!!
true, but we have zero evidence on PH results after taking bracelet bets. the guy takes insurance on 50/50s , im sure he could throw in some bracelet bets!!!!!!!!
Whatever you're thinking here is wrong.
He started playing more events because he had bracelet bets....right?Just to be clear... I too think Ivey is going to pass Hellmuth in a few years. He's the best player in the world and there is no doubt about it. But I think its a little ridiculous to say that the bracelet bets don't matter.
There are several differences here:1) Ivey is a hands-down better player. 2) Ivey is quite capable at winning bracelets in multiple different poker games whereas Helmuth is a one-trick hold'em pony.3) The hold'em events also have significantly higher entrants, lowering probability of winning a bracelet in a given HE event over another event (on average).Given all those differences, there is one more fundamental factor:Helmuth already had the desire to get as many bracelets as possible. Up to a few years ago, one could easily argue that Ivey did not have the same desire or drive to play in WSOPs, because even the first place prize of any given event struggled to match the regular swings in the nosebleed cash games he frequented. It was only when he started making the bracelet side bets that the potential payoff of winning a WSOP bracelet was enough to pique his interest. Once Ivey's interest was piqued, the skill difference between the two players has started to show in their respective recent WSOP results. I think it is safe to say that once there were conditions under which both Ivey and Helmuth have the same desire to win WSOP events, Ivey was going to hands-down blow Helmuth out of the water. These bracelet bets were the final piece to the puzzle.
FYP
I failed completely on this one, after pasting both sentences into a sheet and examining it for differences and I couldn't, then when I finally seen the date I assumed the thread had been bumped.
Phil Hellmuth plays a lot and is nowhere near the player Ivey is. Regardless if he took the bets or not, he's not going to win more bracelets. The reason he probably doesn't take bets is because he probably realizes he's a huge dog in today's holdem field. The only way he'd ever be able to keep up with Ivey's pace is if he learned mixed games.

The future:Ivey makes some bracelet bets, wins a bracelet, wins side bets.People stop betting Ivey because they are tired of losing millionsIvey plays an event and wins without any side bets, sees prize money for first...quits playing tournaments

The future:Ivey makes some bracelet bets, wins a bracelet, wins side bets.People stop betting Ivey because they are tired of losing millionsIvey plays an event and wins without any side bets, sees prize money for first...quits playing tournaments
I actually think this prediction is quite accurate.
I failed completely on this one, after pasting both sentences into a sheet and examining it for differences and I couldn't, then when I finally seen the date I assumed the thread had been bumped.
Heh... I considered putting a "(too subtle?)" in there, but I'm glad you figured it out without one. :club:
Phil Hellmuth plays a lot and is nowhere near the player Ivey is. Regardless if he took the bets or not, he's not going to win more bracelets. The reason he probably doesn't take bets is because he probably realizes he's a huge dog in today's holdem field. The only way he'd ever be able to keep up with Ivey's pace is if he learned mixed games.
In my drunken haze last night, this is what I was trying to say.
Read the last paragraphl1DT8X4UPi4HyWkRr8Tm.jpg