How is Amanda still in this thing? I don't get it.
It's like that chick the Richard Blaise season. She's rarely any good, but so far she hasn't actually been the worst. It happens, and I say good for her. Good for her, I say.
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like that chick the Richard Blaise season. She's rarely any good, but so far she hasn't actually been the worst. It happens, and I say good for her. Good for her, I say.
I mean, Alex was way worse than her, and he just left this week. I don't think it's ridiculous that she's still there - she's the next in line to go. Also though, I don't think she's terrible - they usually pick a couple young chefs who are inexperienced. This time there's Amanda and there was the black girl who made the rhubarb-scallop-disaster. Also, Amanda's kind of hot, so there's that.
Also, Amanda's kind of hot, so there's that.
There certainly is that.It's certainly possible for her to get a little lucky, whip up the right dishes at the right times, and make it to the final 3. I like her a little less knowing that she liked Alex (man was he a douche to the wait staff), but still, good for her, I say. I say: good for her.

Still rooting for the dark horse.I think what annoyed me about Amanda was highlighted in this episode. When in front of the judges she makes this face each time they comment negatively on her dish. I can't explain the look well but it always annoyed me. Like she didn't understand and she couldn't hear them all at the same time. She did it almost every episode.

Angelo should have gone home IMO.
For having slightly too high of a bread:stuff ratio? No way.
I am an amateur chef, and even I would have not done what she did.
Which is why she deserved to go home. Gray raw fish? Come on...she had to go.

btw, so dumb that one of them has to take orders. let them all just cook. anyway, seemed obvious from the dinner talk that tiffany was going home. I'm hoping for an Ed/Angelo final two. Who knows how they're doing the final. I really hope they go back to season 1/2 style with two finalists and each getting their own separate full dinner.

that's exactly what I was saying, smarty
Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure why I read it differently.Anyways, I love watching Top Chef and Project Runway primarily for the story editing. I like to guess who is top and bottom early in the show just based on the little clips at the beginning. The editors have to ride the fine line between foreshadowing and surprise. Top Chef is better at this than Project Runway, which is probably why Top Chef wins the Emmys. (at least, I think they do. I don't watch that shit.)I want to see a competition reality show about story editors. Perhaps, I'm the only one.

I thought it seemed very obvious that the judges really liked Tiffany (as a person or a cook, I'm not sure, but probably both) and were disappointed to get rid of her. I'm not sure I've ever seen Padma look and sound so disappointed..."I think we know what we have to do."Or maybe I just read too much into it because I figured Tif was leaving and was unhappy about it.

No they were definitely sorry to get rid of her. She'd been on a sick winning streak lately, so it was surprising for her to be the one they had to shitcan.Good episode, was entertaining. Can we talk about that sexy astronaut on the space station? Total milf.610x.jpgCan you imagine eyebrows and mustache there hilariously vying for her attention while in space? Bourdain was right that there is definitely a sitcom waiting to happen.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure why I read it differently.Anyways, I love watching Top Chef and Project Runway primarily for the story editing. I like to guess who is top and bottom early in the show just based on the little clips at the beginning. The editors have to ride the fine line between foreshadowing and surprise. Top Chef is better at this than Project Runway, which is probably why Top Chef wins the Emmys. (at least, I think they do. I don't watch that shit.)I want to see a competition reality show about story editors. Perhaps, I'm the only one.
Top Chef won the Best Reality emmy this year for the first time.Amazing Race won every other year since the category was created.

This was a pretty good show. I am now in full root mode for Ed. He was hilarious, especially when he said he was being a douche bag.It seemed like they all did a good job, and in recent memory this may have been one of the closest calls on who went home, but based on their comments while tasting and at chef's table, it seemed like the correct decision.

if I understood them correctly, it seemed like everyone else had a wow dish and she had a wow part of her dish. I'm disappointed we're seeing the 3-way final. After doing a 75 minute episode this week, they better do one next week too.

Finally caught up today with the last two eps on hulu.Boo on Tiffany going home. After that I decided on jumping on the Ed and Kelly bandwagon and sadly that ended poorly in the next episode.DN crying was funny though. What a Douche.

DN crying was funny though. What a Douche.
You know, I actually really like the guy now. He cares a ton, I kind of feel bad about his divorce sob story, and he handled Ed's douchebaggery very well.

Yeah I actually don't dislike Angelo at all really. Did you guys see the preview for next week? With Angelo sick in bed and some Asian doctor administering shots? It seemed like he was gonna miss the competition, which would be lame (really, they can't push it back and wait for him to get healthy??). Also looked like 3 Top Chef winners were back to act as sous-chefs for the three contestants.The last 2 episodes have been pretty interesting - usually somebody messes up somehow. Especially last night it seemed like they got 4 great dishes. I felt bad for Beadie cuz all 4 of them really deserved to go on. Actually that was a lot like last season, with Ripert's girl going out in 4th and the finale of the brothers and Kevin.

he handled Ed's douchebaggery very well.
I got the impression that it was just joking around. Ed and Angelo really did start calling each other assholes and stuff, but that's still pretty tame compared to what a lot of restaurant kitchens are like (screaming, yelling, swearing, throwing things, etc). Bottom line - I don't think anybody was seriously upset or trying to be a dick. Swearing and making fun of each other is just what you do in a kitchen.

I haven't caught up yet on the comments here, but I don't want to be biased... so here it goes.I've hated Michelin star crying French guy until this episode. Now I want him to dominate and win.I've liked Ed a bunch, until this episode. Now I want him to get rectal cancer and die.I think it's absolutely pre-determined who they send home. I KNEW it was either the chick or the black dude going home tonight, when it probably should have been crying French dude.I really enjoy this show, and it will be interesting to see Michael back next week.

I disagree that DN should have gone home - they were all totally in love with his one dish, and were at least interested and even fascinated by his other dish, even if they didn't all love it.Oh and re: Ed, like I said before I don't think he was being a dick at all, I think that's just how he keeps himself sane in the kitchen. Many many chefs are known for being far more annoying or rude or childish than Ed was being, and I don't think Angelo was actually upset. Coming up as a young chef he probably took so much abuse that he's immune to it (not just because of who he is, but because almost every young chef takes abuse, particularly if they're working their way through better and better restaurants).