Israel Attacks Aid Fleet

no actually he worked for red cross so he has a clue. it's you who do not.also, I wanted to stand up and applaud when Israel told Turkey to **** off when Turkey demanded an apology.
First: I'm thankful for volunteerism.Second, are you saying he has a firm understanding of israel/palestine issues because he's spent time with the red cross? I've volunteered as well, does that give me more credibility in this discussion than what I have now? Am I missing something?I don't really have an opinion either way, but if pressed I would probably agree with more things said by israel. But, this isn't something I regularly seek information on.Third, I could also be convinced that he's not an idiot if he took, explained, and defended a position instead of hit and run troll posts and links from aljazeera. I'm still not sure why you quoted my post, while ignoring posts from people like scram?
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: I'm thankful for volunteerism.Second, are you saying he has a firm understanding of israel/palestine issues because he's spent time with the red cross? I've volunteered as well, does that give me more credibility in this discussion than what I have now?I don't really have an opinion either way, but if pressed I would probably agree with more things said by israel. But, this isn't something I regularly seek information on.Third, I could also be convinced that he's not an idiot if he took, explained, and defended a position instead of hit and run troll posts and links from aljazeera. I'm still not sure why you quoted my post, while ignoring posts from people like scram?
I quoted all in's post replying to scram, not yours.And all I meant was: in a discussion about the red cross, someone who actually spent time with the red cross has more of a clue than others.
I quoted all in's post replying to scram, not yours.And all I meant was: in a discussion about the red cross, someone who actually spent time with the red cross has more of a clue than others.
You lawyers always doing fancy things. I thought I missed something obvious, like all_in spent time with the red cross in the middle east or something. I wasn't sure how that added any credibility to his trollish ways though.

You know what would add a ton of credibility to All-In's posts?The erase button.Is there an erase button?I mean besides the backspace key, and delete if your cursor is on the other side of the letter.There should be.VB? Can you write an app for that?

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if the blockade is meant to stop stuff like this:http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100802/ts_nm/...l_jordan_blastsIf anything, Israel is constantly showing restraint. If it was us, we would have already "droned" them into bolivian.
There absolutely are isolated examples of grave Israeli excesses. Anyone who tries to deny or rationalize these are akin to cops who, when confronted with a video of another cop committing some egregious example of abuse, start to trot out excuses, distractions, engage in the 'Relativity War', etc without even bothering to consider the overwhelming evidence in front of their faces. They have a partisan line to toe and they toe it. That said, overall, I agree. They have 'kept the gloves on' and will continue to do so as long as we say so and keep them on the dole. The way they see it, a few dead Jews is the price they have to pay in exchange for the gajillions in tribute they've been able to extract out of us.
That said, overall, I agree. They have 'kept the gloves on' and will continue to do so as long as we say so and keep them on the dole. The way they see it, a few dead Jews is the price they have to pay in exchange for the gajillions in tribute they've been able to extract out of us.
After this comment its clear even All In has a better understanding of the issue than you.
After this comment its clear even All In has a better understanding of the issue than you.
Nope. It's not politically correct but it is totally accurate. Israel military >>>>> their attackers. If they felt like it, they could crush their enemies (which is what the US would do if a neighbor was lobbing rockets over the border willy nilly by the by) but they don't because we (America) bribe them not to and they also know that the pussies in Europe would trash them per usual.So, they go with a middle of the road strategy that is lucrative.
Nope. It's not politically correct but it is totally accurate. Israel military >>>>> their attackers. If they felt like it, they could crush their enemies (which is what the US would do if a neighbor was lobbing rockets over the border willy nilly by the by) but they don't because we (America) bribe them not to and they also know that the pussies in Europe would trash them per usual.So, they go with a middle of the road strategy that is lucrative.
Although I do think Israel can kick the butts of all their neighbor's armies, I don't know that they could 'crush their enemies' because of the scale of their enemies.It's one thing to defend a small country against idiots, it's another to invade idiot's countries.It's kind of like the US and China, there is no doubt that should China try to attack us we would win, we could probably even defend Japan and South Korea if we had too, that doesn't mean we could invade China.Israel could do a lot more, but they would be mired down should they try to take over Syria, Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt.At least in a non-nuclear confrontation that is.And I wrote that 'nu-cu-lar' like all the cool kids do.
Although I do think Israel can kick the butts of all their neighbor's armies, I don't know that they could 'crush their enemies' because of the scale of their enemies.It's one thing to defend a small country against idiots, it's another to invade idiot's countries.It's kind of like the US and China, there is no doubt that should China try to attack us we would win, we could probably even defend Japan and South Korea if we had too, that doesn't mean we could invade China.Israel could do a lot more, but they would be mired down should they try to take over Syria, Lebanon, Jordon and Egypt.At least in a non-nuclear confrontation that is.And I wrote that 'nu-cu-lar' like all the cool kids do.
I think Israel has the capability to destroy their enemies from afar like we do without resorting to nuc-u-lar weapons.
I think Israel has the capability to destroy their enemies from afar like we do without resorting to nuc-u-lar weapons.
Aren't they using our weapons/technology? What can we do that they can't? (I agree with you)
Nope, too bad, but nope.They could do severe damage, but the end goal would be to make their enemies unable to do anything about it afterward, and Israel doesn't have the armaments to accomplish this.The reason Israel has been able to survive during the last 3 times they were invaded was Divine intervention and good tactical leadership.Both of which the enemy lacked.Look at the 6 day war:Israel: 250,000 troops, 300 planes, 800 tanksvsEgypt, Syria, Jordon, Iraq: 550,000 troops, 957 airplanes, 2,500 tanksBut here is what Israel would have to deal with should they seek to 'crush their enemies':300px-Israel_and_arab_states_map.png
Aren't they using our weapons/technology? What can we do that they can't? (I agree with you)
Project power.You need aircraft carriers for that.Israel can do lots of cool things, but they don't have enough bombs to accomplish the goal. We would be hard pressed to totally suppress their enemies with all of our armaments if we wanted to.
Project power.You need aircraft carriers for that.Israel can do lots of cool things, but they don't have enough bombs to accomplish the goal. We would be hard pressed to totally suppress their enemies with all of our armaments if we wanted to.
Soooooo Israel runs out of inventory of weapons, be it tanks, missiles, planes etc. What's stopping the US from re-supplying them? Isn't Israel winning in that situation in our best interest?
Soooooo Israel runs out of inventory of weapons, be it tanks, missiles, planes etc. What's stopping the US from re-supplying them? Isn't Israel winning in that situation in our best interest?
In THIS economy?With THIS President?And if we give them all out bombs, how are we going to defend ourselves from Canada?
In THIS economy?With THIS President?And if we give them all out bombs, how are we going to defend ourselves from Canada?
Are you saying if Israel somehow ran out of weapons during some conflict with some enemy, that the US would refuse to resupply them?It seems like you are ignoring the fact that obama doesn't really have much of a say in that specific instance.Do we really even need bombs to defend ourselves from Canada? Can't we just threaten them with private healthcare?
Are you saying if Israel somehow ran out of weapons during some conflict with some enemy, that the US would refuse to resupply them?
After the first gulf war, we decided not to ship back all our tanks and howitzers etc just in case we needed to invade Iraq later, so we stored them in Israel. I always imagined that we put up a chain link fence, put on a master lock and told the Israelis that these were our tanks and they couldn't use them wink wink, but would they mind holding the keys for us so we don't lose them.
It seems like you are ignoring the fact that obama doesn't really have much of a say in that specific instance.
Obama and the other dems will screw Israel the first chance they get, and that is always going to be the case.
Do we really even need bombs to defend ourselves from Canada? Can't we just threaten them with private healthcare?
This..this is good.
After the first gulf war, we decided not to ship back all our tanks and howitzers etc just in case we needed to invade Iraq later, so we stored them in Israel. I always imagined that we put up a chain link fence, put on a master lock and told the Israelis that these were our tanks and they couldn't use them wink wink, but would they mind holding the keys for us so we don't lose them.Obama and the other dems will screw Israel the first chance they get, and that is always going to be the case.This..this is good.
The bolded doesn't address my question but ok.Would you really stand for obama 'destroying' or 'screwing' israel or whatever doomsday scenario you are implying?