Hand 1 (Day One)Hero (MP)---$250Villain 1 (HJ)---$82Villain 2 (Button)---$390Hero has AdAs. Folds to me and I raise to 10 dollars. HJ, raises to 25. Button quickly flat calls. What is the best raise/play here? Am I looking to entice in the button? Or isolate the hijack?Hand 2 (Day One, different session entirely)Hero (Button)----$195Villain (MP)----$260Early in a new session. Two limps, Villain makes it 15 to go. Hero has 7d6d on the button and calls. Everyone else folds.Flop is 9d5h3c.Villain bets 20. Hero?Assume hero flat calls.Turn is 4c.Villain checks. Hero?Hand 3 (Day Two)Hero (CO)----$270Villain 1 (UTG)---$300Villain 2 (MP)----$500Villain 1 seems tight. Villain 2 seems very laggy.Villain 1 raises to 12. Villain 2 calls. Folds to CO. Hero calls with 10h9h.Flop: QhJh10sVillain 1 bets 25. Villain 2 raises to 60. Hero?Comments welcome on all stages. More hands to follow plus results and such.

Hand 1 can go either way...don't think it matters in the long run to be honest, but it does really really really suck if BTN winds up folding jj/qq because of a K72 flop when you do flat pf.Hand 2 yea bet small like hartman suggests...live donks won't fold overcards for a cheap price. They don't understand RIO.Hand 3 close....I want to make a hero fold, but we just have so much equity unless we run into the disastrous higher FD and AK combo from these guys. But on the other hand we know that Villain 2's not bluffing, and if he's not bluffing then we have to assume that he's holding monsters like AK/QQ, so we're never ahead when we go all in here.

Interesting, didn't know Bellagio had 1/2.
They have had it for a bit now. Min buy in is 100, max buy in is 200. There are better structured games for 1/2 but I find the Bellagio attracts some idiots at those stakes.Last week, I played 1/2 NL at the Bellagio with at least three people who were completely new to the game as a reference. None of them were involved in the hands I posted though. I may have to post one hand later just for people to chuckle at.Also, I played hand 3 really terribly.I played hand 1 exactly as you said almost. Raised to 85, short stack shoved, button folded (claiming she had 99). Held against QQ.
How did you play hand 3?
I just flatted the raise from Villain 2. SB also called. Turn was a 2h. UTG checked, MP checked, I shoved, UTG folded QQ, MP called with AK with the ace of hearts. River was a board pair so I got the right guy to fold. I got very lucky.In retrospect, the table was playing pretty snug so I think fold was ok and so was a shove. Flatting was terrible but it was early in the session and I let that be a factor.
I just flatted the raise from Villain 2. SB also called. Turn was a 2h. UTG checked, MP checked, I shoved, UTG folded QQ, MP called with AK with the ace of hearts. River was a board pair so I got the right guy to fold. I got very lucky.In retrospect, the table was playing pretty snug so I think fold was ok and so was a shove. Flatting was terrible but it was early in the session and I let that be a factor.
why do u think flatting was terrible? i think it was ok, as well as folding. i think shoving would have been terrible, because you could be (and were, imo) crushed...i know u drew out, but calling $60 isn't as bad as shoving and finding out you are way behind. had sb re-raised the 60 on the flop, then you can fold and lose your 60, which would be bad, but still not as bad as shoving. i think it's close between folding / calling.i really think QQ should have called on the turn, if he felt AK was calling as well...
So you don't mind flat calling the $80 and villian 1 shoving and you having to fold?
It's 60, not 80...and I'm not saying it's the best play, but I'd rather call the 60, hope original better just calls to get more $$ in the pot, then shove and be crushed. I dont mind losing 60 instead of shoving my whole stack to find out i have little chance to draw out..but that's me..
Hand 1 (Day One)Hero (MP)---$250Villain 1 (HJ)---$82Villain 2 (Button)---$390Hero has AdAs. Folds to me and I raise to 10 dollars. HJ, raises to 25. Button quickly flat calls. What is the best raise/play here? Am I looking to entice in the button? Or isolate the hijack?I think you need to reraise for value. You obv have some big hands involved, so let's push them in the deep water. Reraise to $80 or so.Hand 2 (Day One, different session entirely)Hero (Button)----$195Villain (MP)----$260Early in a new session. Two limps, Villain makes it 15 to go. Hero has 7d6d on the button and calls. Everyone else folds.Flop is 9d5h3c.Villain bets 20. Hero?Assume hero flat calls.ACHSSS ... we're never flatting here Turn is 4c.Villain checks. Hero?BETS -- and if we'd raised on the flop we could comfortably get it in here. Hand 3 (Day Two)Hero (CO)----$270Villain 1 (UTG)---$300Villain 2 (MP)----$500Villain 1 seems tight. Villain 2 seems very laggy.Villain 1 raises to 12. Villain 2 calls. Folds to CO. Hero calls with 10h9h.Flop: QhJh10sVillain 1 bets 25. Villain 2 raises to 60. Hero?This is a weird spot. If we were HU I'd say raise. But we're looking at a bet and a raise in front of us from two styles on a very connected board. We may be dead two ways to an 8h (which no one shows up with here, so it's still in the deck). I know we have a OESFD, but someone shows us the Kh so often here it's not funny. We're not deep, but were not shallow and we're covered by both ... I think we can muck it and run to the head before we see the turn and river.Comments welcome on all stages. More hands to follow plus results and such.
And that, shynepo, is a major leak.
it is huh?...would you say fold>shove>call? or fold>call>shove? i'm assuming you are saying fold is the best option...i'm not saying call was the best option, but i thought it would be better that shoving...i think i would probably call in that spot, depending on my mood to gamble...but you think shoving is better than calling? and we are pretty deep to call no?

I think this is a clear fold/all in. If we call and miss the turn, we will get bet out and avoid seeing the river. There's a good chance we win the pot with an all in and the worst shape we're in is against AK, in which we still have 9 outs. (AhKh is obviously the only hand we are crushed with) Against a set, we have even more outs bc of our straight draw.If we do just call and say a heart or an 8 or K come, QQ may fold to our bet on the turn/river. (Not being results based here either)Personally, I would never call here unless everyone is 500+BBs deep.

it is huh?...would you say fold>shove>call? or fold>call>shove? i'm assuming you are saying fold is the best option...i'm not saying call was the best option, but i thought it would be better that shoving...i think i would probably call in that spot, depending on my mood to gamble...but you think shoving is better than calling? and we are pretty deep to call no?
Personally I say shove>fold>call, but I can understand and accept someone arguing fold>shove>call. Call is the worst option by far.It's not so much that you'd rather pay 60 and fold if we miss the turn (which is pretty awful in itself) - but we're not getting the expressed odds to call our draw on the flop against a bet and a raise. We have to factor in implied odds to make calling correct, but that presupposes that we'll get paid if we hit our hand. What makes you think that if we hit (either of) our draws on the turn that we will get paid? There will either be 3 flush on board, or a 4 straight. The only way we'd get paid is if we hit the SF and we're up against the Ace high flush. Plus we could hit the ass end of the straight and still lose to AK, so the RIO there sucks too. You say MP2 is laggy, so there's no guarantee he has serious strength here. Take what little FE you might have and shove, and if you get called, pray that it's only by one villain and not both. If you're HU against AK thats bad but not awful, if HU against a set you're fine. Against a higher FD HU you're fine. You just don't want to see BOTH AK and the higher FD.
Personally I say shove>fold>call, but I can understand and accept someone arguing fold>shove>call. Call is the worst option by far.It's not so much that you'd rather pay 60 and fold if we miss the turn (which is pretty awful in itself) - but we're not getting the expressed odds to call our draw on the flop against a bet and a raise. We have to factor in implied odds to make calling correct, but that presupposes that we'll get paid if we hit our hand. What makes you think that if we hit (either of) our draws on the turn that we will get paid? There will either be 3 flush on board, or a 4 straight. The only way we'd get paid is if we hit the SF and we're up against the Ace high flush. Plus we could hit the ass end of the straight and still lose to AK, so the RIO there sucks too. You say MP2 is laggy, so there's no guarantee he has serious strength here. Take what little FE you might have and shove, and if you get called, pray that it's only by one villain and not both. If you're HU against AK thats bad but not awful, if HU against a set you're fine. Against a higher FD HU you're fine. You just don't want to see BOTH AK and the higher FD.
really good point...i guess i need to start looking at things a bit different...i dont want to sound even dumber than i already do, lol, but what rio? isn't it roi? i tried googling it, but i dont get anyting related to poker..