In other news, looks like I'm going again June 27-30. Boys trip.

Also doing a poker trip with just me and my brother, but probably only 2 nights. dates TBD.

I guess I'm getting Vegas out of my system pre-baby, haha.

Nice, but Im telling you, and you know this, you ain't getting it out of your system no matter how many times you go before that baby comes out. :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a quick synopsis: ( provided a running commentary on twitter too with pictures)   Thursday 5:30 AM: Woke up the boy for hockey practice. He was tired and cranky LOL. Drove up the the airport

Another trip done. Stayed at Bellagio 3 nights during work, 5 nights at the suite at MGM for fun. Some highlights I thought some of you would appreciate:   - Noodles at Bellagio. 3 meals, which is

So my little drummer boy son is a big ACDC fan, and an even bigger beatles fan. So on the Thursday of Superbowl weekend, I'm going to tell him I'm going to drive him to school. Instead, I'm driving

Posted Images

In other news, looks like I'm going again June 27-30. Boys trip.

Also doing a poker trip with just me and my brother, but probably only 2 nights. dates TBD.

I guess I'm getting Vegas out of my system pre-baby, haha.

We will be there when you're there Dave. I fly in the 25th and stay til July 3.

And Arp, these days you should walk across Harman from the Cosmo and play at Caesars. Their poker room has really started catering to the lower limits, with giveaways and whatnot, plus it's a horrifically bad tourist crowd at the tables. You should mow them down AND have some fun.

Arp, I also love limit...Most places dont spread it..Mirage has a great $3-6 limit game..

Venetian has a few $4-8 and $8-16 limit games...

And Arp, these days you should walk across Harman from the Cosmo and play at Caesars. Their poker room has really started catering to the lower limits, with giveaways and whatnot, plus it's a horrifically bad tourist crowd at the tables. You should mow them down AND have some fun.

thanks, will do. I like to think Im not quite that "horrifically bad", but we shall see. Havent played real live game in 2/3 years. (usually just me+my closest friends)

Arp, I also love limit...Most places dont spread it..Mirage has a great $3-6 limit game..

Venetian has a few $4-8 and $8-16 limit games...

Whats it like at Mirage? Havent been in that place in years.

The only time I saw that poker room was back in like '98? or sometime really really long ago, when I was way too intimidated to play poker and I think Mirage was one of the few places on the Strip with poker, or at least newer places.

The only time I saw that poker room was back in like '98? or sometime really really long ago, when I was way too intimidated to play poker and I think Mirage was one of the few places on the Strip with poker, or at least newer places.

It used to be THE place to go. In fact, before Bellagio poker room, the Big Game was played there: Doyle, Chip, and a young DN used to play there all the time. Now it's not quite the same. Low limits, but friendly crowd and relatively comfy room.

What Chris said.

In the morning they have great promotions. Like lose with aces and $60 ($100 maybe?)

I love it. I buy $300 in $1s and build mountains playing against $60 stacks

Playing what, 3-6/4-8 or higher?

Highest limit game I seen at Mirage is $3-$6

I think I played 12/24 there with a whole lot of blue dollar chips.

Try to avoid the Venetian unless you want to help directly fund an insane billionaire buy political influence to the detriment of all poker players in the USA.

• 3 weeks later...

Craps with Konopka Tues night at Bellagio. He is our kind of degenerate gambler, I was pretty sure ZK was gonna beat up this poor kid I knew because his roll killed the team momentum. lol

Craps with Konopka Tues night at Bellagio. He is our kind of degenerate gambler, I was pretty sure ZK was gonna beat up this poor kid I knew because his roll killed the team momentum. lol

konopka would have killed me. I am the biggest table killer

Going to Vegas this saturday with my Brother and Dad. Staying 3 nights. 14, 15, 16. Staying at Mirage. May play the 1k WSOP event starting on the 15th if I have a good first night.

Going to Vegas this saturday with my Brother and Dad. Staying 3 nights. 14, 15, 16. Staying at Mirage. May play the 1k WSOP event starting on the 15th if I have a good first night.

Is your bro still property of that team that I don't like?

Kick some a$$ Dubey

Wow what a week. Been back for 36hours, and I'm still dozing off everywhere.

Went on a couple of roulette runs that would have made even Wayne proud.

RE: POKER. Was too busy with work/work related social functions when I was at Cosmo to devote time for poker at Bellagio/Ceasars/Aria as you guys recommended, and then after we moved to MGM, I didnt get back to the mid strip for poker.

Every time I considered playing at the MGM room, I looked over the crowd, and everyone looked depressed. I just cant make myself sit down at a poker table with a group of strangers who all take themselves so seriously. I'd rather give my money to a pro player like Daniel, if he would take my stakes, because at least he has a fun demeanour. That, and every game always being NL just kept me off. They really screwed up moving that poker room, and everyone who works there knows it too.

I really miss the old room, and I really miss the 2-4/3-6/4-8 limit games we used to play all the time.

Dave, if I knew you were coming so soon after I left, I would have left you a care package of our leftovers instead of just leaving them for the maid. I think there was a half bottle of CC Rye, some Grey Goose, about 40% of what I think was a 60KG bag of M&Ms, twizzlers, half eaten Fatburger and a few random beers. You know, breakfast stuff.

Seriously though, very cool that you're going with your father+brother, thats a nice boys trip. Enjoy the time with them, and GL!

Great report arp! I miss playing limit poker with you. That one time at the MGM with you and everyone playing limit was the best. I probably had a losing session that night but it was the most fun I ever had playing poker.

hah! Arp, I'm sure I could have put at least 95% of that care package to good use :) Alas, we only finalized the details of the trip a couple days ago, so I couldn't give you fair warning.

Just found out we are staying in a 1600 sq foot penthouse suite at Mirage, should be pretty sweet. I'll try to do a better trip report than my last one when I return next week.

That reminds me of a "tip" that we left for our maid one year. If I remember correctly, it was a 6-pack of beer, a 1/2 bottle of Rye, 7 or 8 $1 bills, a handful of change, and a crappy little acoustic guitar that one of my buddies won at excalibur that we all signed with a sharpie(lol)

hah! Arp, I'm sure I could have put at least 95% of that care package to good use :) Alas, we only finalized the details of the trip a couple days ago, so I couldn't give you fair warning.

Just found out we are staying in a 1600 sq foot penthouse suite at Mirage, should be pretty sweet. I'll try to do a better trip report than my last one when I return next week.

1600 square foot penthouse suite???!!! You are such a baller.

1600 square foot penthouse suite???!!! You are such a baller.

well considering how they are a family of giants it's not really that much space