2009-10 Nhl Awards Predictions

Goooo Henerik. Probally wont win but should. Probally would be a diffrent result if voting was done after the first round of the playoffs.
For what?I don't understand this.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he means that Crosby is more likely to get votes after his dominating first-round performance. It would also follow that Ovechkin's loser performance might shift some East-bias votes from him to Crosby.I don't necessarily agree, I'm just interpreting.

I believe he means that Crosby is more likely to get votes after his dominating first-round performance. It would also follow that Ovechkin's loser performance might shift some East-bias votes from him to Crosby.I don't necessarily agree, I'm just interpreting.
Henerik had a pretty good first round too.
I thought playoffs don't count towards end of season awards except for the Conn Smythe. I can;t see to follow this conversation.
yeah, im pretty sure the voting is done before the playoffs. They just stagger the announcements to keep interest, which is strange, cause shouldn't your press be from the actual games that matter in the playoffs? I like how MLB does it, this stuff comes out in December, long after World Series, and keeps things interesting for baseball fans in the offseason.

They do vote after the regular season and before the playoffs. I couldn't understand WTF mont was talking about though, since Crosby destroyed the first round, he would almost certainly get the biggest bump from his playoff performance. It seemed like he was saying the playoffs would have given sedin a clear win, which is just lol to me.

They do vote after the regular season and before the playoffs. I couldn't understand WTF mont was talking about though, since Crosby destroyed the first round, he would almost certainly get the biggest bump from his playoff performance. It seemed like he was saying the playoffs would have given sedin a clear win, which is just lol to me.
I can agree with that.And now I am going home and I have tomorrow off! WEEEEHOOOO!GO WINGS

Apparently it's the first year.I think it's the one award that should include playoff success though, and actually state that you can include performance and results in previous seasons.It's kinda dumb to judge something that has to take several years, on a yearly basis.

Apparently it's the first year.I think it's the one award that should include playoff success though, and actually state that you can include performance and results in previous seasons.It's kinda dumb to judge something that has to take several years, on a yearly basis.
It's voted for by the other GM's. Their overwhelming choice for the best GM in hockey was a tie between Mike Milbury and John Ferguson Jr.

Cammaleri has got to be in the running at this point. If he scores in the next series, Halak doesn't have to be exceptional to win. Plus, there always seems to be some voters who don't want to give this type of award to a goalie, since the goalie is almost always the most deserving.