Guys, can we all take a breath here, and realize its just prospects and its just a pool. And please, dont be giving grief to the guys who have done all the work so that this pool has run as well as it has so far. Remember, this is entirely new, its not duplicating any other format and yet, we have had very few snafu's when you consider we took a hockey pool style and tried turning it into a baseball pool. I dont disagree you have legitimate concerns, but at times, you gotta just swallow your competitiveness and do whats best for the pool as a whole. I give my proxy to Steve. I know he will do whats fair for the pool. (just like Adam+Danny would, and have) Steve, whatever way you decide, Im good with it.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been ready to pick since 7am
Not the point. The point is you have been waiting for Arp and Dale to make what you assumed 2 picks.Andre has been waiting along with you because he assumes that he picks after Arp, Dale, and yourself. My point is that while you feel slighted because of your assumption, Andre can feel the same way. That is why I am personally not willing to up and change the draft until I hopefully hear from everyone.I have one pick left. I have no problems with the snake draft. But I would have traded with Arp and given him my 2nd for his 1st and a $1 in cap if I thought it was a snake draft. But he would not have traded with me if that was the case. I need to make sure all GM's are aware of this.

I assumed it was a snake draft too. I never read it anywhere nor did I ask. And just because I assumed it was a snake draft doesn't mean it should be. It would be wrong to change it to a snake draft now. If future drafts are to be snake drafts then let's vote, but changing this one would be wrong.

Why do you think it would be wrong Dale? Not imposing any sort of underling opinion here, just want to know what your reasoning would be for it, besides the whole "rule was already set when draft started" thing.

I assumed it was a snake draft too. I never read it anywhere nor did I ask. And just because I assumed it was a snake draft doesn't mean it should be. It would be wrong to change it to a snake draft now. If future drafts are to be snake drafts then let's vote, but changing this one would be wrong.
ok so how will i be compensated..Can i have an extra 2 draft picks or more cap space?

I was under the impression that it was a regular, non snake draft, but I suppose I never really gave it much thought. I don't really care much either way, and I am happy to leave it in the very capable hands of the 3-headed commish team. Whatever you guys decide is ok with me.

Guys, can we all take a breath here, and realize its just prospects and its just a pool. And please, dont be giving grief to the guys who have done all the work so that this pool has run as well as it has so far. Remember, this is entirely new, its not duplicating any other format and yet, we have had very few snafu's when you consider we took a hockey pool style and tried turning it into a baseball pool. I dont disagree you have legitimate concerns, but at times, you gotta just swallow your competitiveness and do whats best for the pool as a whole. I give my proxy to Steve. I know he will do whats fair for the pool. (just like Adam+Danny would, and have) Steve, whatever way you decide, Im good with it.
i want reiterate for the 1967th time I am not trying to give grief...I apologize if thats what it seems like..Just fighting for what I believe is right and it seems the majority agrees..
ok so how will i be compensated..Can i have an extra 2 draft picks or more cap space?
You will not be compensated regardless of the decision. You (and me, and others) were under a certain impression. No one misled us or anything. And while it is a little unfair, it was determined randomly.The majority seems to support a snake, but support for changing it now is much less strong. I look forward to hearing (publically or privately) the opinions of those who do not want it changed now.
Why do you think it would be wrong Dale? Not imposing any sort of underling opinion here, just want to know what your reasoning would be for it, besides the whole "rule was already set when draft started" thing.
Well the "rule was already set when the draft started" is a great point. Why would something be changed based on assumptions. Those who assumed it was a snake draft, myself included, were mistaken. Are we going to set a precedent that rules can be change just because a few people thought something was one way when in fact it was another? I would love to pick again right after Serge picks twice...it's what I was planning to do. However, it's not a snake draft so I'll have to wait until my pick comes around again.
Well the "rule was already set when the draft started" is a great point. Why would something be changed based on assumptions. Those who assumed it was a snake draft, myself included, were mistaken. Are we going to set a precedent that rules can be change just because a few people thought something was one way when in fact it was another? I would love to pick again right after Serge picks twice...it's what I was planning to do. However, it's not a snake draft so I'll have to wait until my pick comes around again.
rules have been changed already several times..Every time for the good of the pool the commissioners have adapted as they have seen fit..I dont think anybody disagrees that a snake draft is the only fair option here, the question is how do we fix it..Ill wait
We wouldn't be changing it so much because some people assumed it, but because it is more fair to do it this way. I think there have been other times that we did not change something that was assumed, because it wasn't written that way and wasn't more fair the new way.
i want reiterate for the 1967th time I am not trying to give grief...I apologize if thats what it seems like..Just fighting for what I believe is right and it seems the majority agrees..
Yes, thats what it seems like. If you want to be compensated, you can have my 3rd round pick. Its yours, for free. If that makes you happier, and keeps you from complaining about something that is fairly irrelevant, I would gladly pay it. Me giving you my pick for nothing I think proves how insignificant I believe this argument to be.Not because the propsects/picks are insignicant, but the argument itself that picking 8/9 spots differently 2 out of 5 times in this draft is somehow a major dis/advantage.
Sure, and since I thought my 2nd round pick was the 16th over all and now it is not I will also take 2 extra picks and more cap space. This was a joke right?
You don't have the majority yet.
Sure, and since I thought my 2nd round pick was the 16th over all and now it is not I will also take 2 extra picks and more cap space. This was a joke right?You don't have the majority yet.
the compensation part was a semi joke..But i think if you ask 100 random people 97 of them would agree with me.
the compensation part was a semi joke..But i think if you ask 100 random people 97 of them would agree with me.
I am going to ask 100 people on my way home.I would guess no more than 2 would agree with you.My guess is the rest will wander away before I finish explaining to them what I'm asking about.
Yes, thats what it seems like. If you want to be compensated, you can have my 3rd round pick. Its yours, for free. If that makes you happier, and keeps you from complaining about something that is fairly irrelevant, I would gladly pay it. Me giving you my pick for nothing I think proves how insignificant I believe this argument to be.Not because the propsects/picks are insignicant, but the argument itself that picking 8/9 spots differently 2 out of 5 times in this draft is somehow a major dis/advantage.
Coming from a referee thats understandable.. :club: Gary Bettman just announced that the 2010 draft is a snake draft..Then what do u do?

i have some work to do..I ll be back in about 21 hours..Hopefully making two picks..Good luck

We wouldn't be changing it so much because some people assumed it, but because it is more fair to do it this way. I think there have been other times that we did not change something that was assumed, because it wasn't written that way and wasn't more fair the new way.
Well, it would be fair to leave it the way it is because that is what many went by. Those who thought it was a snake draft were simply mistaken and will have to adapt. Future drafts can be a snake draft based on standings if that is what is deemed fair.
Well, it would be fair to leave it the way it is because that is what many went by. Those who thought it was a snake draft were simply mistaken and will have to adapt. Future drafts can be a snake draft based on standings if that is what is deemed fair.
there is no WAY future drafts can be a snake draft..Last place picks first...

Also, I don't think majority rule applies here. Just for example, if Arp entered the draft knowing it wasn't a snake draft because that was what was he read in the rules then it doesn't matter orshouldnt matter if the other 11 owners assumed it was a snake draft. While some would argue that it's unfair not to have a snake draft I would argue that it would be even more unfair (if only to Arp) to change the rules after the drfat has begun.Serge, take your alotted time to make your pick if you want, but stop bitching and complaining...we all know you don't know dick about baseball either.