I go back and forth in my opinion of Wikileaks, but I do think someone needs to acknowledge just how far ahead of the curve FCPers are. You guys got on this months ago and now everyone else is playing catch-up.Also, I saw this on The Daily What. Not a surprise, really, that 4chan would get involved.http://i.imgur.com/C35Ty.png
what? FCPers are ahead of the curve?I won't lie, I'm a little annoyed
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this was posted http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2010/...-assange-onlineQ&A with Julian Assange."Hi,Is the game that you are caught up in winnable? Technically, can you keep playing hide and seek with the powers that be when services and service providers are directly or indirectly under government control or vulnerable to pressure - like Amazon?Also, if you get "taken out" - and that could be technical, not necessarily physical - what are the alternatives for your cache of material?Is there a 'second line' of activists in place that would continue the campaign?Is your material 'dispersed' so that taking out one cache would not necessarily mean the end of the game?Julian Assange smallJulian Assange:The Cable Gate archive has been spread, along with significant material from the US and other countries to over 100,000 people in encrypted form. If something happens to us, the key parts will be released automatically."

Once again we see that when the 'left' want to play some nebulous idea such as sunshine laws on government meetings are more important than anything else game, they screw it up.Why do we let the left have the keys to anything?

Also, I saw this on The Daily What. Not a surprise, really, that 4chan would get involved.http://i.imgur.com/C35Ty.png
"He despises and fights censorship constantly, is possibly the most successful international troll of all time, and doesn't afraid of fucking anything (not even the US government)."I read this and first thought, "doesn't afraid?" What is that shit?Then I wondered if that was intentional since, well, 4chan and all.Turns out there's an internet meme.The more you know.Also, what does paypal have to do with this?
Also, what does paypal have to do with this?
Paypal is owned by Ebay, who was run by Meg Whitman, who spent $100 million to run for governor and lost.Her illegal maid used to be a card carrying member of Raza which means : To Blave..which is to bluff. Bluff is a greek word from the root Bluf, or to reveal secretsSo there you go. Use Windex

The government has to realize they are going to lose this battle. They can't possibly be delusional enough to think that, in a world where any information can be sent to 1000 spots on the globe simultaneously, that the illusion of secrecy is a viable policy.

The government has to realize they are going to lose this battle. They can't possibly be delusional enough to think that, in a world where any information can be sent to 1000 spots on the globe simultaneously, that the illusion of secrecy is a viable policy.
Can the government break into 4chan?
He just got arrested in the UK
Turned himself in, actually, and since yesterday, MasterCard also cut his account, and 4chan (or someone else) retaliated by crashing MasterCard.
Turned himself in, actually, and since yesterday, MasterCard also cut his account, and 4chan (or someone else) retaliated by crashing MasterCard.
4chan attacked the swiss bank that closed his account too.

And Visa ... all crashed today by hackers in solidarity with Assange. This is getting interesting.EDIT: It will get really interesting if they take advantage of their hacks to funnel money to Wikileaks. Mostly just DDoS attacks though, probably.

Michael Moore contributed $20,000 to help bail Assange out of jail and offered Wikileaks his server and domain names to them.MichaelMoore.com has been down all day. Fail.
That is awesome, it couldn't happen to a better person!!

Ahhh the beauty of hypocrisy and ironyAssange lawyer's are upset over leaks on Assange's privacy

In a move that surprised many of Mr Assange’s closest supporters on Saturday, The Guardian newspaper published previously unseen police documents that accused Mr Assange in graphic detail of sexually assaulting two Swedish women. One witness is said to have stated: “Not only had it been the world’s worst screw, it had also been violent.” Bjorn Hurtig, Mr Assange’s Swedish lawyer, said he would lodge a formal complaint to the authorities and ask them to investigate how such sensitive police material leaked into the public domain. “It is with great concern that I hear about this because it puts Julian and his defence in a bad position,” he told a colleague. “I do not like the idea that Julian may be forced into a trial in the media. And I feel especially concerned that he will be presented with the evidence in his own language for the first time when reading the newspaper. I do not know who has given these documents to the media, but the purpose can only be one thing – trying to make Julian look bad.”

New wikileaks that haven't recieved US coverage but really, really should:http://mondoweiss.net/2010/12/the-smoking-...y-must-end.htmlForget the source, as they link to the actual cable. After Obama's speech about Israel/Palestine situation, the US government reassured Isreal that their secret accord to build settlements in palestine (which is illegal by international law and seems to have everyone BUT the US angry) is still a go.http://www.zeropaid.com/news/91623/wikilea...ee-strikes-law/

In short, the Spanish government was demanded to:Say internet piracy was illegal and say that the levy didn’t cover file-sharingAmend any laws that suggested that file-sharing was legal (ala 2006 “Circular)Implement a three strikes law as seen in FrancIf these demands weren’t met, the trade groups said that they would get Washington to put Spain on the Special 301 priority watch list.
I get that internet piracy is illegal and we should be all for upholding laws. But I can't stand the RIAA or MPAA...

Nice to know Obama is continuing Bush's policy to support Israel first. Can't let those anti-Semites in charge in Europe secretly undermine Israel just because they hate Jews.Would prefer he says this up front, but whatever. As long as Israel knows we got their back no matter what.

• 4 weeks later...

New York Times story detailing the joint US/Israeli Stuxnet attack on Iran's nuclear program:http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/world/mi...eral&src=meThis whole incident is fascinating to me.