so, how does a person win hands with < 15 people left in a 45t? it just won't freakin' stop. i think people have a "doesn't win flips" note on me and play any 2 cards when i'm in the goddamn hand. i'm pretty sure i'll be back to break even AGAIN by the end of the month.go cuss yourself, stars.
A lot of blind steals. And when I say a lot of blind steals, I mean a LOT.Then again a ton of the regs in 45s and 180s have dubbed me the "psycho" so ask Phil?
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of blind steals. And when I say a lot of blind steals, I mean a LOT.Then again a ton of the regs in 45s and 180s have dubbed me the "psycho" so ask Phil?
sure, if my steals weren't being met by the blinds having AJ+, TT+, that'd be delightful. i've probably tightened down my stealing a bit too much as a result. feh.
sure, if my steals weren't being met by the blinds having AJ+, TT+, that'd be delightful. i've probably tightened down my stealing a bit too much as a result. feh.
7 BBs OTB @ 400/800, you have 5650. SB has 6260 and BB has 8100. 10 people left, you are 6/10. 7 pay.What % of your range are you shoving?I'll white-text my answer, and trust you don't look at it to base yours off of.100%
Just won a $26 super sattellite to the $322 FTOPS Super Turbo making it a successful day.I guess I'll be playing it too...
I vaguely remember the following chat:Baboon: I am NOT going to play the Super turboBaboon: I am NOT going to play the Super turboBaboon: I am NOT going to play the Super turboBaboon: I am NOT going to play the Super turboBaboon: I am NOT going to play the Super turboGuess I should have made that prop bet after all. :club:
7 BBs OTB @ 400/800, you have 5650. SB has 6260 and BB has 8100. 10 people left, you are 6/10. 7 pay.What % of your range are you shoving?I'll white-text my answer, and trust you don't look at it to base yours off of.100%
yeah, i started with 100% and then tried to convince myself that i could fold some. this only confirms what i said about getting a little gun-shy.

just a spot check, 16 left:feral_cow_icon.gifbeware the feral cow packs. they hunger.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em ($6.00+$0.50) t300/t600 ante t50 - 8 playersMP Hero: t1,885 HJ lucky346: t875 CO sodejudith: t7,915 Button ole cowboy12: t5,570 SB Player11235: t7,290 BB LoneWolf1313: t2,375 UTG maxwelledwar: t6,425 UTG+1 kamarra76: t7,055 Preflop: (t1,300) Hero is MP with Ad.gifTh.gif (8 players)maxwelledwar folds, kamarra76 calls t600, Hero ?

just a spot check, 16 left:
Three BBs left in your stack, I don't know why you are thinking about this...You have to ship unless this is a bubble situation, and even then you probably still need to.
Three BBs left in your stack, I don't know why you are thinking about this...You have to ship unless this is a bubble situation, and even then you probably still need to.
probably because my confidence is officially shattered. i have lost every pp versus overcards no matter which one i am holding. lost AA < KK yesterday. flopped a flush tonight and got it all in and the guy binked the higher 4flush. zero hands hold, making it 3 stretches of 10 or more losses in a row in april.agree with lurbz about stealing, but every single time the bb has a big hand and i'm dead, or a bigger stack calls with 2 cards and they bink. holy crap am i far from my happy place.i am still up about $30 in april, no idea how.i may google for the number of a gun salesman near the pstars offices.
probably because my confidence is officially shattered. i have lost every pp versus overcards no matter which one i am holding. lost AA < KK yesterday. flopped a flush tonight and got it all in and the guy binked the higher 4flush. zero hands hold, making it 3 stretches of 10 or more losses in a row in april.agree with lurbz about stealing, but every single time the bb has a big hand and i'm dead, or a bigger stack calls with 2 cards and they bink. holy crap am i far from my happy place.i am still up about $30 in april, no idea how.i may google for the number of a gun salesman near the pstars offices.
we're both in this section, i've taken most of the week off. i've been playing with you so i've seen it, as well as youve seen mine. turbo variance is the biggest bitch there is, and it's rearing it's head on me right now as well.

I wish I was as good 2-3 years ago as I am now. Even though I will admit I'm not an amazing poker player by any means, I reckon I would have crushed in 2007 and earlier. I may have come to poker slightly too late. Games are getting tougher all the time and although they are still very beatable, you have to be constantly ahead of the curve and on top of your game to profit. Downswings/breakeven stretches are always getting larger and longer and more soulcrushing in general. In MTTs I think I've been breakeven since about Jan 25th over a sample of at least 2500 (I'm around -8k in 1000+ MTTs and +8k in ~1500 180s/90s since then - very rough guesses). To compensate for this it's good to play a lot more volume but that in turn can lead to detioration in play - which I think it has for me recently. So I'm kinda done with grinding hard. I've lost the desire to. I don't think I'll be playing any more SnG MTTs, at least not full sessions. Despite them getting more reg-filled these days I think there is still a decent hourly to be had in them. I just can't see myself doing them for long hours in the immediate future. Maybe my outlook on this will change after the WSOP.I'm gonna spend the next month playing less tables and trying to get the most out of SCOOP and FTOPS. I doubt I'll be playing more than 4 tables at a time on any day except a Sunday.Maybe I'll try to learn PLO on the off days or spend 2 hours trying to find more than one decent 10/20 LHE table.oh - as of yesterday it has been 38 days , +2k....def winning the $100R FTOPS tonight for $125k though. My first $100R ever.

meh, this is why i shouldn't post in these threads. i quickly become a whiney bahstid. i'll leave. best of luck on your run, blue.
Nothing wrong with whining at all. It's all Ryan does! (and I don't mind at all)
....def winning the $100R FTOPS tonight for $125k though. My first $100R ever.
Fail. Just busted 6 tournaments in no more than 15 minutes including 2 FTOPS and the $162 on Stars. All flips or better in my favour except the $100R where it was QQ into AA.Most tilted I've been since posting this thread./whine
Fail. Just busted 6 tournaments in no more than 15 minutes including 2 FTOPS and the $162 on Stars. All flips or better in my favour except the $100R where it was QQ into AA.Most tilted I've been since posting this thread./whine
good moment to try PLO

Despite having a shit Sunday and a terrible start to FTOPS I'm in a better mood now. No idea what I'm at overall, not plugged into my external hard drive with my spreadsheet on which is at least 10 feet away. I might give it all another go. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Shockingly, even after my night of tilt, I'm still in the green.If anyone can transfer me $100 on stars for $100 on tilt I'd greatly appreciate it. Feel as if I need to start again from the bottom in order to re-evaluate my game and work on my ability to deal with a losingsession..As that seems to be my biggest leak.Also, some games on stars worth playing with a $100 bankroll would also be helpful, as I rarely play onstars.

Shockingly, even after my night of tilt, I'm still in the green.If anyone can transfer me $100 on stars for $100 on tilt I'd greatly appreciate it. Feel as if I need to start again from the bottom in order to re-evaluate my game and work on my ability to deal with a losingsession..As that seems to be my biggest leak.Also, some games on stars worth playing with a $100 bankroll would also be helpful, as I rarely play onstars.
$5.20 DoNs till you hit $300, $3.25/$6.50 45 mans after that.
$5.20 DoNs till you hit $300, $3.25/$6.50 45 mans after that.
Zombie Mode. $3.25 45 mans from the get go IMO. I'll give the DoN's a shot though.You should transfer with me lurbz.
Zombie Mode. $3.25 45 mans from the get go IMO. I'll give the DoN's a shot though.You should transfer with me lurbz.
i'll do it once my acct balance is back where it should be, most of my play is on stars and i only keep a couple hundo on tilt at a time. i have to play a lot today so gimme a few hoursjust aim or skype me