I'm starting to feel better now (seriously had like a week hangover)since i'm home with the g/f's family, I'm not going to grind until Sunday, but its going to be a big day

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took 5th in the $109 for ~$3.5k. Sadly not a huge TLB score although it helps a bit. Nice to be Final Tabling things again too. Gonna reg another 5 hours today (13 hours total). Playing tomorrow if I can ge tmy weekly TLB score over 3.8k - around 3.3k atm.

I guess this guy was literally just mashing over the raise button.cro-POSKOK: posts big blind 3000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Blue Baboon [Ad Ks]nsnsars: folds aldin ahme: folds AJPokerpro: folds Blue Baboon: raises 3900 to 6900CrossyDC: folds sonnybonesx.: folds BurninHawk: folds Melkor_lock: folds cro-POSKOK: calls 3900*** FLOP *** [Js Ts Qh]cro-POSKOK: checks CrossyDC has returnedBlue Baboon: bets 10500AJPokerpro said, "yer i had same earlier"cro-POSKOK: raises 10500 to 21000AJPokerpro said, "would have taken me to 95 k about an hour ago"Blue Baboon: calls 10500*** TURN *** [Js Ts Qh] [3c]AJPokerpro said, "K K vs A K"cro-POSKOK: bets 3000Blue Baboon: raises 18000 to 21000AJPokerpro said, "A on flop"cro-POSKOK: raises 18000 to 39000Blue Baboon: raises 63750 to 102750cro-POSKOK: calls 16211 and is all-inUncalled bet (47539) returned to Blue Baboon*** RIVER *** [Js Ts Qh 3c] [4s]*** SHOW DOWN ***cro-POSKOK: shows [3d Td] (two pair, Tens and Threes)Blue Baboon: shows [Ad Ks] (a straight, Ten to Ace)Blue Baboon collected 171097 from pot

Good day. Up to about 7k profit on the challenge after 17 days (i think) which puts me up target to make $28k! Lots can happen through FTOPS/SCOOP though and I feel I'm playing (and running) well at the moment.3.6K weekly TLBs and in 7th. Gonna probably give it a shot tomorrow although it will take at least 2 big finishes to win it. See how I feel when I wake up.

Really crappy weekend to end a decent run. I played my C game at best yesterday due to lack of sleep so I'm a little disappointed in myself. I did stop regging early though.Last weeks results + running totals. My ROI on FTP is spectacular.5thapri.jpgSo far 19 days, 4.5k!Gonna try to play a bunch of cash and 180/90 man sessions this week since I'm a little tired of long tournament sessions.Also 36 180s can die. It's so tough to play enough to get any kind of a sample size in a short period. With $12 180s I can play enough to probably end up positive in about 40% of sessions. With $36s it's tough to play enough in a session to profit in over 20%. I could easily have a losing month in $36 180s whereas that is close to impossible in the $12s

Teach me how to do this?
Take screenshots?Get TLBs scores?or just get those scores in a week?The answer to the latter is to play a lot. Only really 2 big FTs and 2 really deep runs in that list
or just get those scores in a week?
^ this one
The answer to the latter is to play a lot. Only really 2 big FTs and 2 really deep runs in that list
How much volume do you usually get in in about 1 week?

Gonna put in a long session today I think. Hopefully things can change. Right now I'm down ~$750. I didn't like how I played my first session, but loved how I played on Sunday. Things will definitely change and I still have a lot of confidence in getting this 20k (10k profit).

How much volume do you usually get in in about 1 week?
Stars sharkscope since I posted this thread + about 60 MTTs on FTP.m-MyRFfsLQNAOBqIVlDL.pngSo around 320 MTTs/MTT SnGs a week?Also cash games, but I haven't played many hands yet. I hope to this week.An aim of this challenge was to make me play more consistent hours and achieve more. I think it's working so far. In the past I've played way less than this and wasted too much time.
Stars sharkscope since I posted this thread + about 60 MTTs on FTP.m-MyRFfsLQNAOBqIVlDL.pngSo around 320 MTTs/MTT SnGs a week?Also cash games, but I haven't played many hands yet. I hope to this week.An aim of this challenge was to make me play more consistent hours and achieve more. I think it's working so far. In the past I've played way less than this and wasted too much time.
Impressive...Pretty sure there is no way I could get in that much working full time...Most of my volume comes in on saturday/sunday and even with those I'm lucky if I can play a total of 30 MMTs+SnGs per week

UTG: t5270 M = 22.91UTG+1: t6895 M = 29.98MP1: t12505 M = 54.37MP2: t4350 M = 18.91CO: t5965 M = 25.93BTN: t5525 M = 24.02SB: t2070 M = 9Hero (BB): t3755 M = 16.33Pre Flop: (t230) Hero is BB with J :4h T :diamond:UTG calls t100, 4 folds, BTN calls t100, 1 fold, Hero checksFlop: (t430) Q :5c 9 :club: 6 :qh(3 players)Hero checks, UTG bets t100, BTN folds, Hero calls t100Turn: (t630) 9 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksRiver: (t630) K :ts(2 players)Hero bets t400, UTG raises to t800, Hero ???Call or re-raise here?

Only lost like $70ish today but it was soooo frustrating. 17th in the 32k where first was 7.2k and deep in the nightly $55 70k where I lost a flip and then lost AK/KK<JJ on a flop of :AJ8 board. FUN stuff! Obv the guy who has me covered has the JJ to bink.Anyways, I am again, just completely happy with my play. I think I picked up a ton of spots that I rejammed a few times. I abused a guy to my left in the 70k and was a bit upset when my table broke. Still really confident in this challenge to myself, but I'm just sooo frustrated about this downswing b/c I have been playing great poker and just getting shit on deep in tourneys. Hopefully things should change here soon so I can win all this money

UTG: t5270 M = 22.91UTG+1: t6895 M = 29.98MP1: t12505 M = 54.37MP2: t4350 M = 18.91CO: t5965 M = 25.93BTN: t5525 M = 24.02SB: t2070 M = 9Hero (BB): t3755 M = 16.33Pre Flop: (t230) Hero is BB with J :4h T :diamond:UTG calls t100, 4 folds, BTN calls t100, 1 fold, Hero checksFlop: (t430) Q :5c 9 :club: 6 :qh(3 players)Hero checks, UTG bets t100, BTN folds, Hero calls t100Turn: (t630) 9 :3h(2 players)Hero checks, UTG checksRiver: (t630) K :ts(2 players)Hero bets t400, UTG raises to t800, Hero ???Call or re-raise here?
i'd call with no further information, but in some rare situations i'd find a fold. it depends what you think of his utg limp. the min-reraise in the stuff i play is usually a very bad sign for my hand. (which means i use it on occasion as a bluff, though not on the river.)(i'm thinking he has QQ.)
i'd call with no further information, but in some rare situations i'd find a fold. it depends what you think of his utg limp. the min-reraise in the stuff i play is usually a very bad sign for my hand. (which means i use it on occasion as a bluff, though not on the river.)(i'm thinking he has QQ.)
I was just moved to this table and this was my first hand against the guy so I don't really have any reads yet. I don't think folding here is ever an option though. While it may be possible, I think someone limping with QQ UTG here is fairly unlikely...I'd sooner expect AA or KK. The min raise and the check when the 9's paired is slightly suspicious.. I called here thinking it was the best play, I'll post the results after a few more responses.

Toss a coin with the JT. Tough to say which is better out of shoving and calling.Tried out the 90 man KOs yesterday on FTP and I'm gonna give them a go instead of 180s. They are much softer, way less regs and way more awful fish. I think 40-50% ROI could be acheivable at the $13/$26 levels, which is pretty sexy. Also it should stop me going broke on FTP.

Toss a coin with the JT. Tough to say which is better out of shoving and calling.Tried out the 90 man KOs yesterday on FTP and I'm gonna give them a go instead of 180s. They are much softer, way less regs and way more awful fish. I think 40-50% ROI could be acheivable at the $13/$26 levels, which is pretty sexy. Also it should stop me going broke on FTP.
That's what I'm thinking....Had it been another player I might have shoved..but against an unknown feel likecalling would be best.And yea, the 90man KOs are extremely soft. Especially in the early stages.

I think this is the most tilting way to lose a race. pom poker 3: posts big blind 16000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Blue Baboon [4d 4c]cardalot: folds sonssix: folds kappa145: folds KenyCasy: folds GFisico: raises 18557 to 345571_Leonard007: folds sild: folds Blue Baboon: raises 325045 to 359602 and is all-inpom poker 3: calls 343602GFisico: folds *** FLOP *** [Tc Jd 8h]*** TURN *** [Tc Jd 8h] [4h]*** RIVER *** [Tc Jd 8h 4h] [Qs]*** SHOW DOWN ***Blue Baboon: shows [4d 4c] (three of a kind, Fours)pom poker 3: shows [Ad Kh] (a straight, Ten to Ace)pom poker 3 collected 768161 from potHad 3 really awful MTT sessions in a row now. Not played as much as I hoped tonight, too tired, prob gonna grind turbos for a bit in an effort to lessen the damage.

Late position raise pocket eights one caller on the button. I bet out 3/4 pot. he raises 3x I call. Then I check he bets out 3/4 pot. Should I just reraise him allin on the flop because its unluckly, but possible he flops the straight, or say flush whatever it is. Is it a winning play to just bulldoze people with made hands if they even have that, they could possibly have overpair or a lower set.Board: 8 4 6 rainbow

Late position raise pocket eights one caller on the button. I bet out 3/4 pot. he raises 3x I call. Then I check he bets out 3/4 pot. Should I just reraise him allin on the flop because its unluckly, but possible he flops the straight, or say flush whatever it is. Is it a winning play to just bulldoze people with made hands if they even have that, they could possibly have overpair or a lower set.Board: 8 4 6 rainbow
Knowing stack sizes would be helpful.Personally, I doubt he is folding. I re-raise and call a shove with a smile on my face. If he flats your re-raise, I shovethe turn.
I have no idea how to interpret the bolded. Is the last part turn action? If so what's the turn? If you c-bet the flop and he raised knowing what stack size he has behind is by far and away the most important thing in deciding what to do for the rest of the hand. Also how can someone flop a flush on a rainbow board?! In general I'd say you're playing it fine if you just bomb money into the pot with huge hands as fast as possible, there are definitely other ways to play them though.In future if you want a good comment (and I'll happily give one) I'd need to know stack sizes and the value of bets and raises. Preferably just post a Hand History. If it's a live hand then post stack sizes at least. Other useful info is buy in and any "reads" on the players. Pokertracker/HoldEm Managers Stats are always handy but just knowing if someone is TAG/LAG/Loose Passive/Tight Passive etc.. is important.In future I'm ignoring all posts which are so vague.