And finally, we're going to have the season we should have had 3 seasons ago, Raylan going after Boyd full bore. Justified, much like dexter, is a 3 season show that artificially spread out the story over too many seasons

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

but next season will be what the second season should have been. raylan v. boyd.   i anticipate a plethora of crowder monologues.

That's what pisses me off about shows like this, shows like Dexter, and even the Shield. They move forward the real plot so ****ing slowly. This whole season, basically nothing happened at all. Nothin

well technically boyd was supposed to die in season one but because goggins has so much talent they kept him alive to soliliquize.

This season started slow, then about a 1/3 into it until the episode before the finale were fantastic. This finale was a little bit of a let down. Definitely the best part of this show is Boyd/Raylan interactions.

it's called character growth....you know personal development? sorry, forgot who I was addressing there for a second.

Raylan has been wrestling with his identity--is he a lawman or just an ethical guy with a gun?

He hasn't worn his hat for almost the entire season. By the last episode, he gets closer to being Arlo, getting further involved with the business that takes him away from his family, and has no relationship with his child.

He's wearing the hat in the meeting with Rachel and the Sam Rockwell knockoff.

I was keeping up week to week, but haven't seen the finale yet. Unless something big happens, I'm not convinced I'm going to be interested when it comes back. It's not that it doesn't have value, but my tv time is finite and there are a lot of better shows waiting for a slot to open up.

I was keeping up week to week, but haven't seen the finale yet. Unless something big happens, I'm not convinced I'm going to be interested when it comes back. It's not that it doesn't have value, but my tv time is finite and there are a lot of better shows waiting for a slot to open up.

it's the final season coming up. in for a penny, man...

• Like 1

but next season will be what the second season should have been. raylan v. boyd.

i anticipate a plethora of crowder monologues.

• Like 2

That's what pisses me off about shows like this, shows like Dexter, and even the Shield. They move forward the real plot so ****ing slowly. This whole season, basically nothing happened at all. Nothing important. It's terrible. I like the Fargo model so much more, in terms of story telling.

• Like 2

yep. it's the curse of the modern successful serial.

big overarching plot

episodes with little bitty crumbs for big plot

big plot gets solved too early, and the writers don't know where to go so they cobble together another big, overarching plot, loosely related somehow to original one. but this new plot never has the punch, believability, or basic quality of the original story. often it is needlessly complex for no other reason than the show runners begin to believe their own press.

even worse is when the first season is an instant hit. then the writers panic and try to stretch out the big overarching plot until the protagonists become idiots for inability to solve whatever riddle was originally presented, or the writers lose site of the original story and have to deus ex their way back because they've violated every rule/clue/theme of season one. or, finally, the viewers just stop caring by the time they get around to trying to wrap it up.

i think anytime a series telling a single story gets traction the first meeting that needs to happen is to flesh out an outline and how many seasons/episodes they need to tell this story. set an objective and map how to get there. it'll go a long way toward retaining quality i think

also, quit trying to make a tv series out of a movie premise. that's not what we mean my a "cinematic series."

The show is not great. The first season was good, the second season was great.

The last season will be good--but everyone reading this thread better stick to kin, to Harlan. We will all be buried in the family plot.

• Like 2
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...